The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

1 hour ago, Gordon Comstock said:

You realize that they support Joel and Walker, right?

Those are the people responsible for the takedowns. They also viciously harass and "dox" people they disagree with. If you're unfamiliar with doxxing, look it up.

Almost every interaction with fans (dating back to when they took over in 2011-12) has been unprofessional, from saying that "fans ruined everything, now there will be no album" (in 2013, when the song Going Down leaked) to sarcastically posting "complaints, complaints, complaints" when asked why GNR doesn't do things that other normal, professional bands do.

There are many examples of their unprofessional, sometimes outright ridiculous, attitude towards the fans.

Absolutely. TB has made the bed they're lying in currently with the hard core fans. Now they're looking for a way around lying in it, which appears to be turning to the causal fans. 

Many of us, again myself included, have gone out of their way to support GN'R and TB over the years. TB have made it abundantly clear over and over that they have no interest in support from the hard core fans, so many people have ended up on the same boat now. 

1 hour ago, GNR_RNR said:

Tbh it is ridiculous to think TB are behind the takedowns.

They may support the concept but I doubt they have a team dedicated to it.

Except that they do though. They have at least two fans who are allowed to tell anyone who will listen that they are supported by TB with all of their destructive acts. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Except that they do though. They have at least two fans who are allowed to tell anyone who will listen that they are supported by TB with all of their destructive acts. 

Again TB can 'support' them without actively encouraging it. 

The entire situation is just an abuse of the youtube copyright system, makes no sense why TB would attach themselves to that and any associated implications. 

Just now, GNR_RNR said:

Again TB can 'support' them without actively encouraging it. 

The entire situation is just an abuse of the youtube copyright system, makes no sense why TB would attach themselves to that and any associated implications. 

TB did attached themselves to it but first lying to the fans by saying they had no idea who these people were. 

Then following up by closely associating with them, up to and including allowing them backstage at GNR shows. 

42 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

I do agree these would be simple fixes, but I also feel the 'fandom' has to take it's responsibility for the poor management/fan relationship.

What I would say is that (like in your comment) TB needs to get Axl, Slash and Duff on the official GNR social media accounts. Because if you go on their instagram/Twitter/FaceBook right now they all seem to be run FOR them instead of BY them (I realise that they don't run it themselves but it shouldn't feel that way).

The best 'fandoms' are run in a way that the barrier between the artist and the fans 'feels' closer, even if it is not. Slash and Duff get that.

Follow Slash and he 'shares' the weird artwork he likes with his followers.

Follow Duff and you get various little insights into his life and his 'tenderness' views.

Whereas Axl feels more distant from fans than ever. If it wasn't for fanpages collating various other fans that had met him we'd have about 20 images from Kat for the entire reunion period (and that weird drugged up interview). It's ok to not have social media if you still do traditional press stuff for your fans, but you can't do neither. 

Hell I'd be happy if he started a separate website and posted blogpost updates about sports or something. 

FWIW Meegan should probably take over the bands official social media. She literally brings us some of the best backstage content.

How about fans like myself who couldn't give a flying fuck about social media? 

I genuinely couldn't care less about it- if anything I admire Axl for barely using it. I don't want to feel some sort of false. 'closeness' to these people I don't know, or see what they're having for dinner. I never look at any of this nonsense, from any band. I'd rather they kept themselves private and didn't play that game. 

I agree with your point about them not being to avoid press stuff as well as avoiding social media to a point....but again, I can live without interviews. They want to be private- absolutely fine with me. Most of my favourite artists are. 

Progress though is what I want. Some solid signs of forward motion, backed up with actions and not words. 

No need to do social media, no need to do interviews.....but you do need to produce the goods. 

5 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

No need to do social media, no need to do interviews.....but you do need to produce the goods. 

Big disagree with that. 

It's not 1992 anymore, in fact in 2020 releasing music just might be the least important part of being a music act. 

7 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

TB did attached themselves to it but first lying to the fans by saying they had no idea who these people were. 

Then following up by closely associating with them, up to and including allowing them backstage at GNR shows. 

Do we have any detailed proof for any of that?

Just now, RussTCB said:

Yes. I don't have the time to dig up the posts, but they're around the forums. 

I mean this 'proof' should probably be pinned if the accusations against TB are just going to be stated as fact. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

How about fans like myself who couldn't give a flying fuck about social media? 

I genuinely couldn't care less about it- if anything I admire Axl for barely using it. I don't want to feel some sort of false. 'closeness' to these people I don't know, or see what they're having for dinner. I never look at any of this nonsense, from any band. I'd rather they kept themselves private and didn't play that game. 

I agree with your point about them not being to avoid press stuff as well as avoiding social media to a point....but again, I can live without interviews. They want to be private- absolutely fine with me. Most of my favourite artists are. 

Progress though is what I want. Some solid signs of forward motion, backed up with actions and not words. 

Only Axl is to blame for no music.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

Big disagree with that. 

It's not 1992 anymore, in fact in 2020 releasing music just might be the least important part of being a music act. 

Do we have any detailed proof for any of that?

Well....if you're a dinosaur act trading on nostalgia then sure. 

But to most acts releasing music is what being a music act is all about! 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Well....if you're a dinosaur act trading on nostalgia then sure. 

But to most acts releasing music is what being a music act is all about! 

Nah most acts require top notch social media presence both during and outside of touring cycles and album era's. Just as the ways people consume music change the ways they 'interact' with the artists themselves has changed.

It is true that legacy acts like GNR don't really need to release anything. 

As far as I see it only one of these issues leaves GNR lagging behind the competition. Any new music will become the new 'piss break' for the vast majority of the crowd while the lacklustre fan to band interaction will damage ticket sales far more.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GNR_RNR said:

I do agree these would be simple fixes, but I also feel the 'fandom' has to take it's responsibility for the poor management/fan relationship.

What I would say is that (like in your comment) TB needs to get Axl, Slash and Duff on the official GNR social media accounts. Because if you go on their instagram/Twitter/FaceBook right now they all seem to be run FOR them instead of BY them (I realise that they don't run it themselves but it shouldn't feel that way).

The best 'fandoms' are run in a way that the barrier between the artist and the fans 'feels' closer, even if it is not. Slash and Duff get that.

Follow Slash and he 'shares' the weird artwork he likes with his followers.

Follow Duff and you get various little insights into his life and his 'tenderness' views.

Whereas Axl feels more distant from fans than ever. If it wasn't for fanpages collating various other fans that had met him we'd have about 20 images from Kat for the entire reunion period (and that weird drugged up interview). It's ok to not have social media if you still do traditional press stuff for your fans, but you can't do neither. 

Hell I'd be happy if he started a separate website and posted blogpost updates about sports or something. 

FWIW Meegan should probably take over the bands official social media. She literally brings us some of the best backstage content.

What weird drugged up interview are you referring to?

Just now, The Holographic Universe said:

In light of everything recently I think that interviewed by have been influenced by the Brazilian mafia. Not his demeanor but just the fact that it took place. 

It is weird that that is the only Axl interview we had (aside from the equally weird Axl talk at that hotel).

Normally it seems he only does an interview if there's a tour that's under-performing/needs promotion (See the 2011 interview and the 2012 one for the residency).

I do wish we had more Axl interviews because the Jimmy Kimmel one was really cool.

2 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

GNRs latest tour was selling terribly before all of the virus issues came up. So they need to do something seeing as interest in the nostalgia was already clearly on the down slide. 

Not sure if that "something" needs to be greater and better social media presence as opposed to new music, but it's evident they need to do something. 

I think in the end that tour would have been profitable. There’s something cool about seeing a band that large at a baseball stadium. But, a stadium tour in the US might be beyond GNR at this point. New music will not affect filling a stadium. U2 releases new music and their last last two stadium tours were not filled because of a new music. I think U2’s 2009 album which supported the 360 tour sold a million maybe two million period. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RussTCB said:

I'm not saying this to be a smart ass, just factual: we'll never know if the tour would have been successful. We do know that it sure wasn't looking good prior to everything that happened with the virus. 

As far as U2 goes, I don't know too much about their fanbase but I'm guessing they probably have a better relationship with their fans than GNR does. They also actually make an effort to change up their shows and offer something new to fans from what I've seen too. 

I didn’t take it as smart ass. Your statement was factual. I’m curious what other issues you had with the L&L box set, though. I think no live AudiI or video really made that box set weak. Additionally, it appears the band had zero involvement in the box set. That box set should have been a labor of love .

• Like 2