The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

19 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

Yeah they make up the vast majority of GNR (and most other bands), the casuals always rule opinon.

And they certainly have been buying tickets, GNR were set to go through a successful SA and EU tour before heading off to the US.

The US tour was selling slower than the 2016 reunion shows but that was to be expected. Many successful tours start off selling slowly. LiveNation have access to much better data than us and if the shows had been significantly under-performing outside of their expectations then they would have been scaled down (see Justin Bieber's latest Tour).

They are not officially cancelled yet though, most likely due to being rescheduled. There is a distinction between 'cancelled' and 'rescheduled'.

The GNR camp know they aren't playing any of those shows this year but they are having to set up what the backup plan is.

For them rescheduling is much better as they get to keep the cash (fee) and hopefully no mass refunds have to be given out.

Well the ticket sales were terrible. That's not even up for debate, so it's a total fallacy to say the millions have been buying tickets for this leg. 

I think the conversation regarding these concerts not being 'officially cancelled' is going round in circles. It's a fact these shows aren't happening when they are supposed to be - they're banned. That this hasn't been officially communicated to fans at this late stage is ridiculous. 

I'm not too sure what you're after - if you expect people to say "no, you're right, everything is going great" it's really not going to happen. Everyone can see for themselves that things are hitting a massive wall.....and I think at this stage Fernando has recognized that too. 

Edited by allwaystired

3 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Well the ticket sales were terrible. That's not even up for debate, so it's a total fallacy to say the millions have been buying tickets for this leg. 

Were they though? By what metrics?

I'm assuming you're talking about the NA shows and not the SA or EU shows?

Obviously a NA Stadium tour will be a harder sell 4 years into the reunion, that will have been expected. The fact that they had such a big support act in the Smashing Pumpkins goes to shows that the team knew these would be a harder sell.

Many tours have sold poorly initially, been written off as a 'disaster' and then taken place just fine and been successful. Look at the Smashing Pumpkins Reunion Tour, Taylor Swift's Reputation Tour etc. 

6 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

I think the conversation regarding these concerts not being 'officially cancelled' is going round in circles. It's a fact these shows aren't happening when they are supposed to be - they're banned. That this hasn't been officially communicated to fans at this late stage is ridiculous. 

Indeed the shows will not go ahead this year, no one is saying otherwise. The distinction is if they are 'postponed' or 'cancelled' and there's a BIG difference between the two.

We'll know what the plan for the shows are when they know.

3 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

Were they though? By what metrics?

I'm assuming you're talking about the NA shows and not the SA or EU shows?

Obviously a NA Stadium tour will be a harder sell 4 years into the reunion, that will have been expected. The fact that they had such a big support act in the Smashing Pumpkins goes to shows that the team knew these would be a harder sell.

Many tours have sold poorly initially, been written off as a 'disaster' and then taken place just fine and been successful. Look at the Smashing Pumpkins Reunion Tour, Taylor Swift's Reputation Tour etc. 

Indeed the shows will not go ahead this year, no one is saying otherwise. The distinction is if they are 'postponed' or 'cancelled' and there's a BIG difference between the two.

We'll know what the plan for the shows are when they know.

Other than the many articles written about the poor sales, you can pull up any date on Ticketmaster and have a look for yourself. As an entirely random example....here's the Toronto show. https://www1.ticketmaster.ca/event/1000583ED32D50A8 

You can actually count for yourself how few tickets have been sold. And bear in mind that this is ALSO with Ticketmaster holding back tickets to create the illusion of false demand that their business thrives on. Even the small GA pits haven't sold. Pick any show you like and have a look. 

Again, we're going round in circles with the debate about these shows. Personally, I think it's piss-poor that with such a short time to go fans haven't been informed of what's going on with their money (even to the point of a statement saying "we know these shows aren't happening as planned, we're working on it and will give more info asap") but you clearly don't. 

8 minutes ago, ThePreacher said:

166 pages and now we are at stage where manager ask us what to do 

This fanbase is truly fucked.  Literally our best case scenario is listening to drunk "kinda fans" drunkenly sing the chorus to SCOM, etc, in 2021 at make up shows.  That's literally the best the future has to offer GNR fans. 

giphy.gif

3 minutes ago, ThePreacher said:

166 pages and now we are at stage where manager ask us what to do 

Welcome to the music industry across the board this last month. Everything is in uncharted waters across the board. If they are actually listening to ideas and not just placating, that’s a good thing. We’ll see if anything changes. Everyone can talk, few can do.

I hope for the sake of the community something cool happens. You’re not going to please everyone and criticisms are always louder whether they hold weight or not.

The issue has always been moving forward with this band. Let things fester and over time, the stink takes over

2 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

On a bit of a sidenote I was watching a Nine Inch Nails concert on YouTube recently and was blown away by Fink's playing. I've never paid him much mind but I'd be interested to hear what he did for GNR now, as well as Buckethead.

(Panorama NYC Concert 30/07/2017)

I had the same opinion of him as you until the Hammerstein shows in 2006, I went to the Sunday one and he was suddenly a huge star. He finally looked like a badass and not like that skulleted freak on the VMAS, and he was on fire all night.

6 minutes ago, SOH said:

I had the same opinion of him as you until the Hammerstein shows in 2006, I went to the Sunday one and he was suddenly a huge star. He finally looked like a badass and not like that skulleted freak on the VMAS, and he was on fire all night.

In my mind, the Chinese Democracy era truly ended with his exit.  And with him, all creative endeavors within GNR seemingly also came to a lurching halt, the likes of which they still have yet to recover from, even with the more recent inclusion of Slash and Duff.

Edited by sofine11
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Other than the many articles written about the poor sales, you can pull up any date on Ticketmaster and have a look for yourself. As an entirely random example....here's the Toronto show. https://www1.ticketmaster.ca/event/1000583ED32D50A8 

Ah so you are only talking about the NA shows, good to clear that up.

And again, yes these dates would have sold slower and less than the 'reunion' shows in 2016 that was always expected.

But in terms of these shows sales see similar articles for the other artist tours I referred to. Both those tours went ahead just fine and performed just fine.

These NA dates would also have gone ahead fine. Sure there would have been some great deals as prices were reduced closer to showtime.

39 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Again, we're going round in circles with the debate about these shows. Personally, I think it's piss-poor that with such a short time to go fans haven't been informed of what's going on with their money (even to the point of a statement saying "we know these shows aren't happening as planned, we're working on it and will give more info asap") but you clearly don't. 

I mean fans know the shows aren't going ahead, I'm sure they have bigger things to worry about.

They are clearly trying to reschedule the shows for sometime next year.

As for the "statement" idea these are just a poor idea. It just leaves fans that were previously easy going scrambling for answers.

We'll get an update soon.

5 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

Ah so you are only talking about the NA shows, good to clear that up.

And again, yes these dates would have sold slower and less than the 'reunion' shows in 2016 that was always expected.

But in terms of these shows sales see similar articles for the other artist tours I referred to. Both those tours went ahead just fine and performed just fine.

These NA dates would also have gone ahead fine. Sure there would have been some great deals as prices were reduced closer to showtime.

I mean fans know the shows aren't going ahead, I'm sure they have bigger things to worry about.

They are clearly trying to reschedule the shows for sometime next year.

As for the "statement" idea these are just a poor idea. It just leaves fans that were previously easy going scrambling for answers.

We'll get an update soon.

'Great deals' - haha! They'd have been giving them out in the streets. 

Ah, whatever. If looking at how few tickets have been sold isn't enough to convince you that tickets haven't been sold, there's no point debating. 

I must say though, it's a new one on me that a band making a statement about cancelled shows is a "poor idea". That's really pushing credulity! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RussTCB said:

This. TB have caused the issue between the band and its fans, not the other way around. 

Yep, they have starved the fanbase for any kind of content, even communication, for no reason. They wonder why they are getting hate but are clearly so far up their own asses that they don't understand. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Jw224 said:

Imagine thinking that GNR fans who think the band should release music won't be happy if they release music 😂

There will always be criticism whether in places like here or larger such as the press. It just shouldn’t dissuade the band/management from interacting with their fans that support them or even to extent of letting these things dictate their big picture planning 

Coming from a band that released Get in the Ring, maybe this isn’t surprising but it seems like the same attitude still applies to things other than rock mags. If this board existed in 1990, it would have most def made the cut

Edited by guitarpatch
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

I must say though, it's a new one on me that a band making a statement about cancelled shows is a "poor idea". That's really pushing credulity! 

That wasn't what you said.

Your master plan was that they should post "We don't know if the gigs are cancelled or postponed yet, but soon".

1 minute ago, GNR_RNR said:

That wasn't what you said.

Your master plan was that they should post "We don't know if the gigs are cancelled or postponed yet, but soon".

Nice try, but totally incorrect. Here's what I said: 

"Personally, I think it's piss-poor that with such a short time to go fans haven't been informed of what's going on with their money (even to the point of a statement saying "we know these shows aren't happening as planned, we're working on it and will give more info asap") but you clearly don't." 

Once again, they KNOW THE GIGS ARE NOT HAPPENING AS PLANNED. There's is absolutely no ambiguity here about most of these shows, other than that created by them not informing people through their official channels. 

Offering fans updates is absolutely normal. I can't really understand why you're so absolutely convinced that it isn't. One can only speculate.....

• Like 2

1 minute ago, allwaystired said:

"Personally, I think it's piss-poor that with such a short time to go fans haven't been informed of what's going on with their money (even to the point of a statement saying "we know these shows aren't happening as planned, we're working on it and will give more info asap") but you clearly don't." 

Once again, they KNOW THE GIGS ARE NOT HAPPENING AS PLANNED. There's is absolutely no ambiguity here about most of these shows, other than that created by them not informing people through their official channels. 

Offering fans updates is absolutely normal. I can't really understand why you're so absolutely convinced that it isn't. One can only speculate.....

Contractually the band probably isn’t allowed to update anything much until the promoter officially postpones since the band is not cancelling. I think everyone understands the shows aren’t happening. I doubt anyone is buying tickets. Especially if they need the money. Getting refund options isn’t just a GNR problem, it’s most Live Nation shows right now. Your issues lay more with them in how they are rolling things out. Eventually things will get clear on what to do before the dates come 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

As you say 

"we know these shows aren't happening as planned, we're working on it and will give more info asap"

Is the part I was referring to. This tells people nothing.

Are the Shows Cancelled or postponed? 

That is the issue at hand, and why no update has (or can) go out.

2 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Oh, absolutely. Certain users seem to pop up and back other to the hilt and always arouse my suspicion .....but maybe I'm being overly suspicious here! 

Nah, you're not being overly suspicious. It's fairly obvious when we continually get "new" users who seem to know everything about the band and the forums. 

Usually they can't help themselves and they start insulting other users or the forum rather quickly and they get shown the door. For whatever reason, they have enough free time to just create another account sooner or later and run the same game again. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Ironically, isn't that naysaying-talk, Russ? You are naysaying his claim that we are naysayers. What if we, in fact, do not actually exist and we are all figments of this poster's wild imagination? Wouldn't that, with added irony, mean we aren't naysayers afterall since it's created in his own mind and not of our own volition as independent beings? Furthermore, what if the real reason new music doesn't exist yet is because it can't; because this poster can't imagine it and in the real world Axl is still bunkered down in Taco Bell.

(I just finished watching 'Community' and I'm having an existential crisis.)

To your post, I say nay haha. Lol. 

But yeah, it is what it is. We've dealt with this for years and we will continue to. There's entire forum dedicated to hating this forums, it's users and the leadership here because we're "too lenient" on GN'R or we're "obviously paid by TB" to only allow positive comments about GNR. 

Then you have our other friends who create alt accounts to agree with themselves about the fact that this site is full of haters, only allows negative topics, only allows negative comments and are the reason for the bands relationship with the fans. 

If I'm being totally honest, it's quite tiring after having dealt with it for so many years. I very much enjoy when posts like yours allow me to genuinely have a good laugh at the situation :)

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

13 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

To your post, I say nay haha. Lol. 

But yeah, it is what it is. We've dealt with this for years and we will continue to. There's entire forum dedicated to hating this forums, it's users and the leadership here because we're "too lenient" on GN'R or we're "obviously paid by TB" to only allow positive comments about GNR. 

Then you have our other friends who create alt accounts to agree with themselves about the fact that this site is full of haters, only allows negative topics, only allows negative comments and are the reason for the bands relationship with the fans. 

If I'm being totally honest, it's quite tiring after having dealt with it for so many years. I very much enjoy when posts like yours allow me to genuinely have a good laugh at the situation :)

People seriously create additional accounts to agree with their own posts? That’s a real thing?

2 minutes ago, The Holographic Universe said:

People seriously create additional accounts to agree with their own posts? That’s a real thing?

Oh, absolutely. As unbelievable as it sounds that someone might spend their time that way, it happens more often than you'd think. 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, GNR_RNR said:

As you say 

"we know these shows aren't happening as planned, we're working on it and will give more info asap"

Is the part I was referring to. This tells people nothing.

Are the Shows Cancelled or postponed? 

That is the issue at hand, and why no update has (or can) go out.

Speaking of corrections... RNR? It's RTR

Roll Tide Roll

2 hours ago, Jw224 said:

Yep, they have starved the fanbase for any kind of content, even communication, for no reason. They wonder why they are getting hate but are clearly so far up their own asses that they don't understand. 

They've always had an "Us against the world" mentality, and unfortunately for the GNR fanbase, we live in that world.