The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

6 hours ago, GNR_RNR said:

Been part of the GNR community for long enough.

As I said I've no issue saying that TB have fumbled many fan interactions, and they do fall short of the expected standard of professionalism from time to time. But to say the fanbase is blameless is just wrong.

Yes, you do seem rather familiar

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, RussTCB said:

To your post, I say nay haha. Lol. 

But yeah, it is what it is. We've dealt with this for years and we will continue to. There's entire forum dedicated to hating this forums, it's users and the leadership here because we're "too lenient" on GN'R or we're "obviously paid by TB" to only allow positive comments about GNR. 

Then you have our other friends who create alt accounts to agree with themselves about the fact that this site is full of haters, only allows negative topics, only allows negative comments and are the reason for the bands relationship with the fans. 

If I'm being totally honest, it's quite tiring after having dealt with it for so many years. I very much enjoy when posts like yours allow me to genuinely have a good laugh at the situation :)

How can you tell if someone is an alt or a completely different person?

I don't want to be accused of being an alt

5 hours ago, sofine11 said:

In my mind, the Chinese Democracy era truly ended with his exit.  And with him, all creative endeavors within GNR seemingly also came to a lurching halt, the likes of which they still have yet to recover from, even with the more recent inclusion of Slash and Duff.

Check this out!

He's such a cool dude -- great player. Honestly him and Fortus could have made for a cool band... three guitarists is lol. 

You would think a guy like Axl could just sit with him, Fink with his acoustic like in that video, and they could hash out some stuff! Too bad they couldn't get out of their own way. 

Like Axl could have sang some menacing shit over this exact riff... boom we got one song down:

Clean riff a minute later... an intro for song two. CD2 starts now!!!!!!

Edited by Ant
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

That demo of Going Down (and OMG and Silkworms) is from 2006, but yea if we ever get more CD tracks I kinda hope Bucket and Robin are still on them.

Do we know that? I don't think it's from that era (I mean the mix, not the recording). I mean, wasn't this leaked with some Ashba instrumental songs?

25 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

How can you tell if someone is an alt or a completely different person?

I don't want to be accused of being an alt

See below 

14 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

If we told you we'd have to kill you...

:lol:

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

Do we know that? I don't think it's from that era (I mean the mix, not the recording). I mean, wasn't this leaked with some Ashba instrumental songs?

It was leaked with some Better remixes and Blood In The Water. A "teaser" of the Ashba instrumentals, TIL and other remixes, OMG and Silkworms was also posted around the time Going Down leaked, but Going Down wasn't really part of that same "batch of songs" if that's what you mean.

From what I remember, MSL claimed that Going Down, OMG and Silkworms were some of the songs Ron was working on when he first started touring with the band. There was a rumour that Atlas was also among the songs that MSL got, but since it never leaked, who knows (or cares, at this point). The quality of the original leaks was also quite different from the remixes and instrumentals, and they do seem like early takes.

Edited by Gordon Comstock

36 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

"What the fuck do you know? That's right! You don't know jack fucking shit you fucking ignorant, know it all, fucking deluded, misguided, self important, self righteous, pious, small minded, clueless, loud mouthed, arrogant cunt. No one needs your opinions n' having to deal with your constant abuse of privileges or the miniscule amount of power you've had here you wield like an angry, lesbian, wannabe, high school parking lot rent-a-cop always mouthing off like you're some kind of authority which you're far from. I have to say it saddens me you continue to babble your horseshit to unsuspecting fans n' any names n' numbers you have are of people like you who try n' hurt others to promote themselves at their expense. That's the only real thing you got bitch. It's like Revolver's if not edited, cloudy recollection of events as I've never asked for anyone's shirt bein' thrown out of anywhere let alone say I did but hey he won a contest so he must be credible, whatever, no good deed goes unpunished. I don't work for you or have to do a goddamn thing you think ever. Your opinions of anything whatsoever don't count or mean jack shit to me or anyone in this camp. You're garbage, plain and simple. You're not a fan or a voice of reason... you're a sick n' diseased mind spilling it's bile over the internet. Well now you can drink up the rewards of the crap that's been spillin' out of your pie hole forever here n' enjoy the fermented, feted n' vulgar response you've been cultivating n' aching for... for so long . Find another board this one doesn't need you. Oh n' feel free to jump in all you wanna be web warriors, ho defenders n' bitch boi's, you ain't needed either. For the rest of you... Surprise gigs comin'!!"

- W. Axl Rose, 2010

Yes, this! this is what we need! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

53 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

Forget about an Axl chat, I want a Slash one. That would be really cool.

He already did an AMA on reddit last year. Just looking at it now there's nothing of major interest and very few GNR related questions.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Music/comments/9hj2qp/i_am_slash_my_bands_new_album_living_the_dream_is/

Edited by registra

"What the fuck do you know? That's right! You don't know jack fucking shit you fucking ignorant, know it all, fucking deluded, misguided, self important, self righteous, pious, small minded, clueless, loud mouthed, arrogant cunt. No one needs your opinions n' having to deal with your constant abuse of privileges or the miniscule amount of power you've had here you wield like an angry, lesbian, wannabe, high school parking lot rent-a-cop always mouthing off like you're some kind of authority which you're far from. I have to say it saddens me you continue to babble your horseshit to unsuspecting fans n' any names n' numbers you have are of people like you who try n' hurt others to promote themselves at their expense. That's the only real thing you got bitch. It's like Revolver's if not edited, cloudy recollection of events as I've never asked for anyone's shirt bein' thrown out of anywhere let alone say I did but hey he won a contest so he must be credible, whatever, no good deed goes unpunished. I don't work for you or have to do a goddamn thing you think ever. Your opinions of anything whatsoever don't count or mean jack shit to me or anyone in this camp. You're garbage, plain and simple. You're not a fan or a voice of reason... you're a sick n' diseased mind spilling it's bile over the internet. Well now you can drink up the rewards of the crap that's been spillin' out of your pie hole forever here n' enjoy the fermented, feted n' vulgar response you've been cultivating n' aching for... for so long . Find another board this one doesn't need you. Oh n' feel free to jump in all you wanna be web warriors, ho defenders n' bitch boi's, you ain't needed either. For the rest of you... Surprise gigs comin'!!"

- W. Axl Rose, 2010

I wonder if Axl actually has used the word ‘ pious ‘ in scrabble? I bet he has, Legend...

• Haha 2

On 19. 4. 2020 at 8:46 AM, jamillos said:

Just a few things to add to the Fn’ando’s recent Reddit posts:

- "The band is doing what they can to address the public". I don’t understand. They said nothing until recently, yet the fact the shows were cancelled by the governments had been known for a while. If they were waiting for TM’s statement on refunds, they could have said so. Like, "sorry, the shows have been postponed, and we’ll update you on the tickets status". But they didn’t communicate at all. Their social media suck. There. 
But he wants to "reassess their posting ways". Great, please do that.

- He says he wants to amend the gap between the band and the fans, via e-mail. Well, sounds like a nice move, although I’ll retain certain scepticism if I may; after all, suggestions were posted right in the very Reddit conversation, and if TB wanted to do anything, they already must be aware of tons of things the fans wish for. 

- Says they need to figure out a way to "bridge the gap" regarding bootlegs. Funny statement, considering what they’ve (not) done so far and how much time they’ve had for any such activity, especially these days. I don’t know, man. 

And as usual, "the shutdowns were done without GN’R’s knowledge or direction". Square one. I always remember that Beta’s funny statement "we don’t know who’s doing that, but it will continue"...

In general, although there seem to be certain brighter hints in this convo (the mail, the suggestions), it doesn’t really make a particularly hopeful impression on me; I’m still quite sceptical about it, as much as I’d like to be proven wrong. 

So I've thought about it again a bit, and it's clearly bullshit. They've had years to figure things out. They've seen numerous posts, questions, suggestions, criticism, etc. They've proven that barely any amount of shit is given, despite being paid for the very opposite. 
I'll always give the benefit of the doubt where it's due, but Team Bra$il doesn't deserve any such thing. If they're seriously completely at a loss regarding how to manage public things after those 20 years in the business, they could have hired people, tried anyone out. Again, bullshit. All they do is book gigs and post crap about GNR's F'n Fam. Fuck 'em. 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

- W. Axl Rose, 2010

Is this real....maybe he doesnt like his fans:blink:

• GNFNR 1

6 minutes ago, DurhamGirl said:

Is this real....maybe he doesnt like his fans:blink:

It's real. It was directed towards an old mod on here, who was spreading the rumour that security (at the request of management) was throwing people out of shows for wearing Slash t-shirts. (there were other issues with her, but the t-shirt thing was the last straw apparently)