The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

21 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

That's what's maddening.  Dropping one single right now would buy them an insane amount of goodwill with the fans.  But here's the caveat: You have to care.  It's literally that simple, and I'm not convinced by a longshot that either Axl or TB qualify in that regard.

Axl's always looked at it like if there's a million compliments but one rude comment or criticism he'll focus on only that. 

Just now, Spuffy78 said:

Axl's always looked at it like if there's a million compliments but one rude comment or criticism he'll focus on only that. 

Which is fine (not really) when you're an angsty youngster, but not a 58 year old man who has the final and/or only say regarding all things GNR.  It just makes him look like a clueless asshole from this side of the fence. That he has this odd little, directionless, clan in TB running the business side of things makes it all the more bizarre.

4 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Axl is 58? Jeez nearly 60. I suppose it doesn't necessarily affect new material since they'll most likely use old recordings. But before too long, meaning probably after the next 5 years max, it'll all be over. Imagine if he just stops touring and fades away and hits delete on the vault, that would be such a shame.

Which is why I was certain they'd want to capitalize on the success of the NITL tour with an album in 2020.  The clock is ticking.  Axl is running out of steam both vocally and physically, it's been steadily downhill since 2016, where he actually started quite strong. Now, we're back at 2011-14 levels of bad.  

You want to root for them, and as fans, we give them the benefit of the doubt so much more than we should only to be let down again and again.  If at the heart of it, it's Axl's mania bolstered by impotence of Team Brazil, there's really not much that can be done, however sad and unfortunate.

1 hour ago, sofine11 said:

Honestly, I would bet the farm that TB knows they're largely hated by the fanbase and have kind of a "Well, fuck em' anyway." mentality regarding us.  

Years back when Beta used to creep this forum, I sent her a nice message just saying "Hi" and she responded by saying something to the effect of "Wow! A nice comment on this board. How surprising."  Again, it's a victim mentality in regard to how they're viewed by the fanbase.  They're not GNR fans, so they don't give a fuck if the band puts out live albums or new studio recordings.  They're in it for the cash, and cash comes from booking shows and pumping out pointless merch.

It's a shitty thing to say, but I sincerely hope what happens this year with the cancellations hurts them financially. I really do. Though, I'm sure that's what insurance is for.

Victim mentality is because TB is insecure because deep down they know that they are completely incompetent. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, alfierose said:

It's not even difficult to keep most fans happy in times like this.

Cobble together old footage/pro shots, stick them on the official site or youtube and wish everyone a safe and happy lockdown. Job done. This forum would discuss that footage for weeks/months.

So many other artists/businesses are doing similar things. Sure there's a slight loss of something that could be monetised later on but a little goodwill goes a long way currently and people will remember fondly those that stepped up during this pandemic.

Always enjoy your posts mate.. but one thing..

"times like this"... doesnt affect them mate... it would not make one iota of a difference whats going on out here in the real world to them, they dont release anything.. they dont look after their fan base and they wont start now! If Fernando truly wanted to make things work, hed have done so a long time ago. anything he says is just lip service until we see some real intereaction with the fans about what we can ALL do too to bridge the gap between the band and the hardcore fan base. How fucking hard could it be to simply get 30 of the best questions that everyone on here wants to know.. and hand them to axl and he could answer them, hell it could just be posted here as a post, not actually conversing live etc.. its would be a great start.. it would take axl an hour to do it, and would provide a lot of clarity to a lot of issues. or at least show there was some effort to get back in touch with the fans .but No... the standard answer is, we dont owe you anything... that has ALWAYS been gnr's answer to anything. Hell.. Jarmo sprouts that answer to everything. I was on that forum for 5 years and anytime you question anything thats the standard answer, axl doesnt owe you anything. Its complete bullshit.

I reckon in my time on this forum, ive seen the betta/fernando/team brazil thing bubble away and become a huge issue being discussed at least a dozen times.. nothing ever changes with them. they dont owe us anything ;)

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Tadsy said:

Always enjoy your posts mate.. but one thing..

"times like this"... doesnt affect them mate... it would not make one iota of a difference whats going on out here in the real world to them, they dont release anything.. they dont look after their fan base and they wont start now! If Fernando truly wanted to make things work, hed have done so a long time ago. anything he says is just lip service until we see some real intereaction with the fans about what we can ALL do too to bridge the gap between the band and the hardcore fan base. How fucking hard could it be to simply get 30 of the best questions that everyone on here wants to know.. and hand them to axl and he could answer them, hell it could just be posted here as a post, not actually conversing live etc.. its would be a great start.. it would take axl an hour to do it, and would provide a lot of clarity to a lot of issues. or at least show there was some effort to get back in touch with the fans .but No... the standard answer is, we dont owe you anything... that has ALWAYS been gnr's answer to anything. Hell.. Jarmo sprouts that answer to everything. I was on that forum for 5 years and anytime you question anything thats the standard answer, axl doesnt owe you anything. Its complete bullshit.

I reckon in my time on this forum, ive seen the betta/fernando/team brazil thing bubble away and become a huge issue being discussed at least a dozen times.. nothing ever changes with them. they dont owe us anything ;)

Yeah I know. Just wishful thinking innit! :lol:

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

Axl is 58? Jeez nearly 60. I suppose it doesn't necessarily affect new material since they'll most likely use old recordings. But before too long, meaning probably after the next 5 years max, it'll all be over. Imagine if he just stops touring and fades away and hits delete on the vault, that would be such a shame.

You sure about that? How many artists are kicking around in their 60s and 70s at the moment and still touring and releasing music.

Lets name a few steve tyler, mick jagger, bryan adams, joe elliott, steve perry, Morrissey, phil collins, alice Cooper, Bruce Dickinson, sammy hagar and plenty more.

I dont think his going anywhere unless he fucks up his vocal cords again.

Edited by vloors

16 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

I have been around for a while, too, and I have seen plenty of ugly messages from parts of the fan base towards Fernando and his family. That doesn't excuse unprofessionalism from TB's side, in fact, such circumstances provide an excellent opportunity to demonstrate professionalism, but I have no problems understanding why TB is reluctant to deal with aspects of the fan base and no problems accepting that both sides are to blame for the current situation - although not necessarily equally. 

Disclaimer: This message is not meant to imply any criticism of the current administration of mygnrforum or any other fan sites.

Well balanced comment. I can also understand why Axl has been scared off the media side of things for decades, and why he as well as management are reluctant to engage with the fans. Doesn’t excuse however, the sheer lack of creative output or progress that has plagued Guns N Roses for such a long period of time. Surely there are ways of less risky engagement to give your fans some joy? Hell, I would even take another Del interview of Axl just to have some communication and insight from the boss man. But maybe there is nothing to communicate? 

56 minutes ago, vloors said:

You sure about that? How many artists are kicking around in their 60s and 70s at the moment and still touring and releasing music.

Lets name a few steve tyler, mick jagger, bryan adams, joe elliott, steve perry, Morrissey, phil collins, alice Cooper, Bruce Dickinson, sammy hagar and plenty more.

Did you hear Jagger doing a song on the weekend with his band to broadcast to the world? He sounded fantastic. Axl has had much more challenging songs to sing during his career and unfortunately that has taken its toll. I think only a couple of years left then it will just get ridiculous hearing Axl try to sing the majority of his catalogue. 

1 hour ago, vloors said:

Not to shit post but some of those muscians look to be in better shape than axl does also some of them still feel creative and release new music. Thats pretty much the difference between axl and his contemparies.

I agree about him not going anywhere....i hope. 

I give axl no more gnr after he hits 65. That includes him wanting to do something with angus young before axl hangs it up.

Edited by Sydney Fan

13 hours ago, rumandraisin said:

It's been full since 2011. We had a couple of Axl interviews that were fairly dull. The reunion was exciting until it became apparent it was just a continuation of the endless tour but with Slash and Duff. 

Aside from the leaks the most exciting thing is Rock the Rock

I would take an Album, or two, of Axl singing cartoon songs. Use your Looney Tunes I & II. I would buy it.

In all seriousness- I think he sounded great on it and it was lovely to hear his voice. 

Edited by DownUnderScott
Mistake

1 hour ago, DownUnderScott said:

Did you hear Jagger doing a song on the weekend with his band to broadcast to the world? He sounded fantastic. Axl has had much more challenging songs to sing during his career and unfortunately that has taken its toll. I think only a couple of years left then it will just get ridiculous hearing Axl try to sing the majority of his catalogue. 

Yes Mick sounded great and is always in good shape which to be honest makes a world of difference. 

Axls main problem is staying in shape physically and vocally. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sydney Fan said:

Not to shit post but some of those muscians look to be in better shape than axl does also some of them still feel creative and release new music. Thats pretty much the difference between axl and his contemparies.

I give axl no more gnr after he hits 65. That includes him wanting to do something with angus young before axl hangs it up.

Agree thats what it comes down to. The difference is how the other active older artists take care of themselves and the fanbases. 

I see Axl milking touring $ as long as he can. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, vloors said:

Bob Dylan is still very active at 78 years old. Constantly active since 1962.

He'll be 79 next month.

Edited by jackparker123
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jackparker123 said:

Bob Dylan is still very active at 78 years old. Constantly active since 1962.

He'll be 79 next month.

Difference is, Dylan doesn’t scream his lungs out on most of his catalogue of music. 

I can’t imagine Axl doing that at 69, let alone 79

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Ratam said:

Paul Mc Cartney, Elton John and Neil Young too.

Elton John and Bob Dylan are terrible these days. I'm sorry but Bob Dylan (who I saw last year) was beyond embarrassing. He is knocking on heaven's door and you can really tell. Paul McCartney isn't much better. Neil Young still rocks out well, runs around the stage with that big electric guitar of his and spits some grungy stuff. But he is a big outlier.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Use Your Delusion 1 said:

Elton John and Bob Dylan are terrible these days. I'm sorry but Bob Dylan (who I saw last year) was beyond embarrassing. He is knocking on heaven's door and you can really tell. Paul McCartney isn't much better. Neil Young still rocks out well, runs around the stage with that big electric guitar of his and spits some grungy stuff. But he is a big outlier.

I'm understand it, just put these names like show that even though them aren't in they best shape now still go on.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Creed said:

Phils voice is still good, imo. But he is mentally exhausted and his body is fucked up. His ears and his arm are making him major problems. But he is doing it for the money, his fans and his son.

Axl's Mickey voice is just awful. His is fooling the fans...

Phil Collins shouldn't be anywhere near a stage. I'm amazed people will still pay to see him. 

14 hours ago, Its Tino said:

Victim mentality is because TB is insecure because deep down they know that they are completely incompetent. 

Remember when the Appetite remaster came out and we got to experience what it was like to have decent management for a while.

Releasing singles and music videos (even ones with footage from the tour).

I'm guessing UMG took over during this time. Because y'know they were actually releasing stuff.

1 hour ago, Use Your Delusion 1 said:

Elton John and Bob Dylan are terrible these days.

Elton still sounds fine, listen to his recent performance of I'm still standing. Of course his vocal style has changed, he's adapting to his ageing voice (*hint Axl*).

Bob Dylan could never sing.

9 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

I'd actually say Axl is in pretty decent shape.

Sure he carries way too many extra pounds but his cardiovascular health seems great.

His voice is always a strange case. Personally I'd prefer his to switch out the clean high voice for his 'Patience' voice, but I think the clean high voice translates better to live and what the bulk of fans want Axl to sound like.

As much as Axl's voice has taken a beating over the years it is in pretty good shape for the most part. Listen to Rio 2001 and it's pretty much the same. He's in better vocal shape than the likes of Bon Jovi or Vince Neil but that's not saying much.

I really would like Axl to go back to the drawing board with how he sings the GNR catalogue, make shows tighter overall and reassess the setlist to better suit his voice. The fact that he still insists on singing November rain with such a weak high clean vocal is a sign that people aren't bringing obvious suggestions to him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Use Your Delusion 1 said:

I can only dream of being as active as Paul when I’m in my 70s! I took my mother to see him a few tours back and she was in tears from being so happy.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, vloors said:

Most of, if not all of those artists are in much better shape both vocally and physically. Even ones that are almost 20 years older.