The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

6 minutes ago, SlashisGOD said:

Bruce Dickinson sounds like he did 20 years ago. That man could sing until he feels like retiring. I saw Maiden last summer and my god what a performance. 

Yeah, he really is remarkable. He works hard at it though - you'd never accuse him (or Iron Maiden for that matter) of being lazy or resting on their laurels. 

• Like 1

Bruce is a beast, he really still sounds GREAT...

Singers with Axls growl seem to last least though (Tom Kiefer, TESLA’s singer, sebastian bach, brian johnson, robert plant, etc) 

Even Halford had ups and downs, although he still makes your head explode

Its a pitty Doug Goldstein wasnt asked on those podcasts about vocal issues Axl had after 1994, missed the opportunity

Axl's voice is a lot stronger than Dickinson's. Bruce does not sound as good as he did 20 years ago. No offense to Maiden fans of course. He lost range and power. Axl can still hit crazy high notes with a lot of power when he prepares or already sang on enough shows.

he also holds back sometimes, probably to preserve his voice. There was no damage done to his vocal chords imo. A lot of years of not singing means the condition of his voice is much better compared to the state it could have been in had he remained more active vocally.

most of the AC/DC performances were great with him, many were mindblowing and that was just 4 years ago.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

Tommy has a vocal chord paralysis. He still sings phenomenally well with only one fully functioning vocal chord. 

I heard him sing...just an opinion but he is far from sounding great.

Its nice to listen him still going and trying, but lets be honest here, his raspy voice is very weak.

I’m glad you still enjoy it that much though!!!

12 hours ago, DownUnderScott said:

Did you hear Jagger doing a song on the weekend with his band to broadcast to the world? He sounded fantastic. Axl has had much more challenging songs to sing during his career and unfortunately that has taken its toll. I think only a couple of years left then it will just get ridiculous hearing Axl try to sing the majority of his catalogue. 

Well did you hear the new Rolling Stones tune that was dropped an hour ago ?

41 minutes ago, Rovim said:

Axl's voice is a lot stronger than Dickinson's. Bruce does not sound as good as he did 20 years ago. No offense to Maiden fans of course. He lost range and power. Axl can still hit crazy high notes with a lot of power when he prepares or already sang on enough shows.

he also holds back sometimes, probably to preserve his voice. There was no damage done to his vocal chords imo. A lot of years of not singing means the condition of his voice is much better compared to the state it could have been in had he remained more active vocally.

most of the AC/DC performances were great with him, many were mindblowing and that was just 4 years ago.

When have you last heard Bruce man ? I saw him in March on his book tour. The way he sung Tears of The Dragon blew my mind. He has all the power and range. Saw Maiden 3 times he always delievers. Not to mention that he is running around the stage all the time. Truly amazing singer and person.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Kranich said:

When have you last heard Bruce man ? I saw him in March on his book tour. The way he sung Tears of The Dragon blew my mind. He has all the power and range. Saw Maiden 3 times he always delievers. Not to mention that he is running around the stage all the time. Truly amazing singer and person.

Bruce is a douche and he sings as if he's taking a shit and putting too much effort on it! "I'm taking a shit, the shit won't come out, let me push it as hard as I can, dios mio!" - That's Bruce Dick-inson. And let me tell you, I don't know how or why, but I saw Iron Maiden live 7 times and there was not enough shit in the world! Ok, I'm calm now.

Edited by Legendador
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Legendador said:

Bruce is a douche and he sings as if he's taking a shit and putting to much effort on it! "I'm taking a shit, the shit won't come out, let me push it as hard as I can, dios mio!" - That's Bruce Dick-inson. And let me tell you, I don't know how or why, but I saw Iron Maiden live 7 times and there was not enough shit in the world! Ok, I'm calm now.

Hahaha its undeniable that he is just top 3 best metal singers ever, up there with Dio and Halford...come on man!!!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Legendador said:

Bruce is a douche and he sings as if he's taking a shit and putting to much effort on it! "I'm taking a shit, the shit won't come out, let me push it as hard as I can, dios mio!" - That's Bruce Dick-inson. And let me tell you, I don't know how or why, but I saw Iron Maiden live 7 times and there was not enough shit in the world! Ok, I'm calm now.

Well if Bruce sings as if he was taking a shit then how does Axl sing ?

Edited by Kranich

12 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

The Stones just dropped a new single, and it's pretty fantastic.  Every once in a while it's nice to be reminded of what it looks like for a band to care.

Honestly it was so nice when the appetite remaster came out and we got to see what real management was like. 

2 singles released with accompanying videos.

Then back to TB's hunger strike.

2 minutes ago, gavgnr said:

Holy shit what is this sorcery? Do the Rolling Stones not know that it’s impossible to release music these days? 

Once you pass 55 years in music buisness you get a special gift from god that lets you release music when other bands cannot.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

and they didn't even make a post on reddit asking for ideas from fans? They just released music? Like a regular band? 

Hahaha, it's a miracle isn't it?  I wonder how many 3 hour meetings it took for 4 men rounding third on 80 to figure out how to make this magic happen.

• GNFNR 1

3 minutes ago, Kranich said:

Well if Bruce sings as if he was taking a shit then how does Axl sing ?

sometimes like he's voicing a cartoon but it's mostly on key. Just checked out more Maiden performances from 2019. Off key, thin, and not as powerful as he once was vocally but he does hit the notes when he goes for it most of the time which is cool. Hallowed Be Thy Name was weak. Some tunes were better performed than others. He's still good, but 20 years ago good is a bit of a stretch.

Axl took more than 1 break and in 2002 sang in his clean voice mostly plus he's younger than Bruce. Not 1 Maiden performance that compares to what Axl did with AC/DC.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Rovim said:

sometimes like he's voicing a cartoon but it's mostly on key. Just checked out more Maiden performances from 2019. Off key, thin, and not as powerful as he once was vocally but he does hit the notes when he goes for it most of the time which is cool. Hallowed Be Thy Name was weak. Some tunes were better performed than others. He's still good, but 20 years ago good is a bit of a stretch.

Axl took more than 1 break and in 2002 sang in his clean voice mostly plus he's younger than Bruce. Not 1 Maiden performance that compares to what Axl did with AC/DC.

Ok please stop this. We do not need to compare shows what Maiden has done and what Axl has done with AC/DC it's pointless - but I have to say that I disagree with you very much in this topic. Axl Rose is one of my favorite singers as is also Bruce Dickinson. Both are still very good and if you do not believe Bruce stilll has power - please check out that Tears of the Dragon from 2020. He still got one of the most powerful vocals in this planet and he's over 60. Cheers! :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Hellow said:

Ok please stop this. We do not need to compare shows what Maiden has done and what Axl has done with AC/DC it's pointless - but I have to say that I disagree with you very much in this topic. Axl Rose is one of my favorite singers as is also Bruce Dickinson. Both are still very good and if you do not believe Bruce stilll has power - please check out that Tears of the Dragon from 2020. He still got one of the most powerful vocals in this planet and he's over 60. Cheers! :)

I do believe he still got power, just not as powerful as 20 years ago which is logical. Axl used his clean voice for years and when he landed the AC/DC gig and came prepared it was beast mode and he killed it cause he gave all the fucks. Not every tune of every show, but mostly he was on.

not trying to take anything away from Bruce. He is one of the best in his style but 20 years ago he was 41 and better imo. Axl, at 54, sang like he was in his early 40's to my ears. :shrugs:

Edited by Rovim

4 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Phil Collins shouldn't be anywhere near a stage. I'm amazed people will still pay to see him. 

I’M PHIL COLLINS!!!  AND I DON‘T THINK YOU SHOULD BE MAKING FUN OF THAT BOY!!!!!  I WON THE OSCAR!!!

• Haha 2