The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

14 minutes ago, SheldonR311 said:

I’M PHIL COLLINS!!!  AND I DON‘T THINK YOU SHOULD BE MAKING FUN OF THAT BOY!!!!!  I WON THE OSCAR!!!

Hey Phil, wanna come out of retirement and tour? 

But I can't drum anymore, can barely sing, hell I can't even stand up really, and if I did it I'd 'fall off the toilet in the night' on more than one occasion and have to cancel shows? 

Not a problem Phil. People will still pay to see you. Shall we say "sky high" for the ticket prices? That good with you? 

Sure. Sounds good. 

Who shall we get to drum? 

How about my 15 year old son? To be honest, that would be ideal as I owe his mother a fuck-ton in alimony payments and this might ease that

Great! Nice doing business with you Phil! 

Bruce had cancer and still managed to put out new music and tour without wheezing his way through the same stale set list. He is still identifiable as Bruce Dickinson, whereas if you played a recent Axl performance for someone in a blindfold test you'd have to forgive them for thinking it was Herbert from Family Guy. It's not even a contest.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, James Bond said:

Bruce had cancer and still managed to put out new music and tour without wheezing his way through the same stale set list. He is still identifiable as Bruce Dickinson, whereas if you played a recent Axl performance for someone in a blindfold test you'd have to forgive them for thinking it was Herbert from Family Guy. It's not even a contest.

Big disagree there. Axl's current performances are fine as of late.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, GNR_RNR said:

Elton still sounds fine, listen to his recent performance of I'm still standing. Of course his vocal style has changed, he's adapting to his ageing voice (*hint Axl*).

Bob Dylan could never sing.

I'd actually say Axl is in pretty decent shape.

Sure he carries way too many extra pounds but his cardiovascular health seems great.

His voice is always a strange case. Personally I'd prefer his to switch out the clean high voice for his 'Patience' voice, but I think the clean high voice translates better to live and what the bulk of fans want Axl to sound like.

As much as Axl's voice has taken a beating over the years it is in pretty good shape for the most part. Listen to Rio 2001 and it's pretty much the same. He's in better vocal shape than the likes of Bon Jovi or Vince Neil but that's not saying much.

I really would like Axl to go back to the drawing board with how he sings the GNR catalogue, make shows tighter overall and reassess the setlist to better suit his voice. The fact that he still insists on singing November rain with such a weak high clean vocal is a sign that people aren't bringing obvious suggestions to him.

I’ve said this many times. Even if they didn’t release another song..there are plenty other songs in the catalogue that could be brought to the setlist. Add in a change in vocal delivery where required then all good.

Listening to some old stuff recently highlighted the fact how good they were at the ‘blues rock’ stuff when covering Jumping, Heartbreak etc. I’d love to hear new material like that or some slower blues stuff which could utilise the lower register.

Id rather that and some epics over some attempted hard rock with the failing parts of his voice TBH.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GNR_RNR said:

Big disagree there. Axl's current performances are fine as of late.

His voice hasn't been fine since 2016. 

I know it's only my opinion but I wonder how people cannot hear how bad he sounds. 

Listen to Iceland and tell me that sounds fine.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Alejandro GNR said:

I heard him sing...just an opinion but he is far from sounding great.

Its nice to listen him still going and trying, but lets be honest here, his raspy voice is very weak.

I’m glad you still enjoy it that much though!!!

Tommy is a good friend. He’s been through hell and it’s a miracle he can still sing. He uses the same vocal coach as Axl. 

9 minutes ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

Tommy is a good friend. He’s been through hell and it’s a miracle he can still sing. He uses the same vocal coach as Axl. 

Which is interesting as folk seem to suggest Axl needs one.....so he actually does? Surely the coach isn’t recommending Axl sings in the bad falsetto??

FWIW I think we will get a strong Axl back after this break purely due to having a rest from the rigours of touring.

2 hours ago, Creed said:

For their age its absolutely great. Mick had a heart surgery and he sounds like he is still 50. 

With regard to Dylan: Dylan is a good songwriter with a lot of luck that Jimi, GnR and others made spectacular covers from his tunes. Bob Dylan can't sing.

it is a good song.  and just another example of a band who shows how simple it is to drop a song and give the fans something to do in all this down time.

Edited by fabrph5

22 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

Which is interesting as folk seem to suggest Axl needs one.....so he actually does? Surely the coach isn’t recommending Axl sings in the bad falsetto??

FWIW I think we will get a strong Axl back after this break purely due to having a rest from the rigours of touring.

He went back to his coach when he was getting ready to tour with AC/DC. I have no idea if he still “currently” works with him. Coaches just teach you technique and proper exercises. It’s up to the artist to either stick with them or let their training fall by the wayside. Think of it along the same lines as if you were working with a personal trainer. Same concept. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, F*ck Fear said:

His voice hasn't been fine since 2016. 

2017, 2019 & 2020 would like a word.

39 minutes ago, F*ck Fear said:

I know it's only my opinion but I wonder how people cannot hear how bad he sounds. 

Listen to Iceland and tell me that sounds fine.

Iceland 2018 was an especially bad gig in an especially bad year. Berlin 2018 would sound just as bad if not worse.

Axl's vocals are definitely in the upper end of what most legacy band's vocalists sound like.

• Haha 4

I remember the days here when people were comparing 2011 to 2010 and alleged how much better 2010 was for Axl's voice.

I heard Axl with GN'R in 2011, 2012, and 2016.

Heard Axl with AC/DC in 2016 as well.

The three GN'R shows sounded the same vocally to me, maybe a little better in 2011 and 2012.

2016 with AC/DC, Axl's vocals were amazing, totally exceeded my expectations as they were so unlike most of the GN'R shows I had been to, even the one in the same year. Maybe it was the songs, I don't know. But it was great. Myself, I think Axl worked harder to impress the fans there, and the band.

33 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

I would think his vocal coach works with him on the drive in his voice and using the head voice to coast when his voice is tired.

Thing is his clean voice isn't miles away from his good condition 80's voice.

It just sounds bad when it's weak.

9 minutes ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

He went back to his coach when he was getting ready to tour with AC/DC. I have no idea if he still “currently” works with him. Coaches just teach you technique and proper exercises. It’s up to the artist to either stick with them or let their training fall by the wayside. Think of it along the same lines as if you were working with a personal trainer. Same concept. 

Axl definitely works with a vocal coach (despite what people on here think) absolutely no way his voice would be intact to the state it is otherwise.

1 minute ago, Sweersa said:

I remember the days here when people were comparing 2011 to 2010 and alleged how much better 2010 was for Axl's voice.

I heard Axl with GN'R in 2011, 2012, and 2016.

Heard Axl with AC/DC in 2016 as well.

The three GN'R shows sounded the same vocally to me, maybe a little better in 2011 and 2012.

2016 with AC/DC, Axl's vocals were amazing, totally exceeded my expectations as they were so unlike most of the GN'R shows I had been to, even the one in the same year. Maybe it was the songs, I don't know. But it was great. Myself, I think Axl worked harder to impress the fans there, and the band.

I miss 2010. For me his best overall year in terms of vocals.

It's funny because a friend of mine that went with me to Axl/DC and a GNR gig said his GNR vocals blew the acdc gig out of the water.

It's weird to think but different people want different things from his voice (there was a review last year from Wichita that also noticed this ).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sofine11 said:

The Stones just dropped a new single, and it's pretty fantastic.  Every once in a while it's nice to be reminded of what it looks like for a band to care.

What a nice track and treat for us. :-) A certain band can learn a lesson or two from them.

24 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

I miss 2010. For me his best overall year in terms of vocals.

It's funny because a friend of mine that went with me to Axl/DC and a GNR gig said his GNR vocals blew the acdc gig out of the water.

It's weird to think but different people want different things from his voice (there was a review last year from Wichita that also noticed this ).

2010 was great, 2006 also, if not better. Axl/DC was a great surprise. Axl sounded way better than with Guns these days - he should have recorded an album with them.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, shotsfired cro said:

where did you find this!?

I read citing today from both Rich and Chris that they do have material but no album in plan since they just got together and don't want to go head over feet into anything

I just read the title, i isn't read the article.

1 hour ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

I love Cinderella and Tom’s voice is one of my favourites for sure. I have mad respect for the guy and what he has achieved after his struggle with vocal paralysis.

However, if I have to say what I think on his actual voice, of course it isnt the same as it used to be. I still enjoy it a lot and on his albums he sounds the same as his older self.

That’s why I hope Axl can still be Axl on record

4 hours ago, Alejandro GNR said:

Hahaha its undeniable that he is just top 3 best metal singers ever, up there with Dio and Halford...come on man!!!

I just hate the guy! He's a great singer, but his voice annoys the hell out of me nowadays!

6 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Legit laughed out loud at "Feat. Angus Young"

Why are GNR fans so fucking weird? Why do people put time and effort into this stuff? :lol:

dt3xv8ztmmu41.jpg

This is such a bullshit power trip, like: "Oh, I'm an insider, I know the name of the songs, but let me blur it out so I'm the only one to know that".

This guy is as doucher as Bruce Dickinson! Please Corona, do your job! Take him!

Also: Slash agreeing to play on a Paul Tobias song? FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!

Edited by Legendador
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Legit laughed out loud at "Feat. Angus Young"

Why are GNR fans so fucking weird? Why do people put time and effort into this stuff? :lol:

dt3xv8ztmmu41.jpg

Hmmm setlist looks legit.

The album document uses the right terminology. I used to work in a U.S. music label years ago. Product Release Information, Media count, JP RL. were all used internally.

Makes one wonder.....

Track 14 is clearly Oh My God as per the writing credits IMO.

This photo should be taken with a huge grain of salt but...... :)

818k1CLbUbL._AC_SY741_.jpg