The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

8 minutes ago, AxlSlashthebest said:

U right 

I'm sorry....maybe just in a bad mood you know? We're all in a shitty situation, then you get these time wasting clowns too, when you'd actually really quite like new material from your favourite band to distract you. Hit a nerve and just really pissed me off this morning when normally I'd laugh at it! 

Back to the coffee for me I think! 

• Like 1

no no I was saying you really right. If we start to play this game all the fucker like this will publish that kind of shit . This period make us nervous but make us also more expenctative (I'm French. not sure it's clear !!!). The best think to do for me today is to listen this new song Of the Rolling Stones (which is so cool IMO) and.........not trying thinking that my favorit band could do the same !!! just enjoy it !!!

14 minutes ago, AxlSlashthebest said:

no no I was saying you really right. If we start to play this game all the fucker like this will publish that kind of shit . This period make us nervous but make us also more expenctative (I'm French. not sure it's clear !!!). The best think to do for me today is to listen this new song Of the Rolling Stones (which is so cool IMO) and.........not trying thinking that my favorit band could do the same !!! just enjoy it !!!

Yep - just got to enjoy what we get! 

I'm just being a grouch today! 

4 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Actually I think this is the one thing that does makes sense and makes it "believable". Paul Tobias, although there is the history with Slash, SFTD etc., was kind of part of the classic GnR family tree early on, since the band had recorded two songs co-written by him. That would make his presence as a co-writer on an album marketed as "reunion album" more "legitimate" (and even acceptable by Slash) in comparison to an album featuring songs co-written by Buckethead and Finck.

Again supposing it's real for fun's sake: It doesn't have to be OMG, it could be something from the same sessions OMG originated, in which Riggs had participated. Plus, if I'm not mistaken, OMG wasn't co-written by Freese and Stinson (only Rose, Reed, Tobias and Riggs are credited as writers).

Riggs, as already mentioned by others, was Dizzy's friend and roommate at the time. But his story goes a lot back, he was the drummer in Dizzy's pre-GnR band Johnny and the Jaguars/The Wild, who lived next to GnR in the Gardners rehearsal space in 1985. 

In 1994/95, when GnR wasn't doing much, Dizzy (obviously to keep himself busy) was jamming with a loose club band consisting of old friends/bandmates, like Riggs, and friends of their friends. I guess most of those guys were struggling financially, so it seems Axl put them on a salary and got them to rehearse in the GnR studio with Paul Tobias, and if they came up with an idea he liked, he would use it for GnR. Chinese Whispers has called all that the "shadow band" or "shadow company," but I prefer not to use these terms because I think it makes it sound more serious/important than it really was.

Love your informative posts. And your opinions too, of course. 

About the Paul Tobias thing: the reason to still have songs written by him (and nobody else besides Axl and the odd Japanese 14th bonus track) would be if either the songs were old stuff that Slash had worked in mid-90s or if somehow Paul is still Axl's partner to write songs nowadays. At least we know for sure that Paul is safe and in quarantine since 2001. :lol:

I don't think Axl would care to use those songs written by him and not something like The General, that supposedly was written by Axl/Brain/Bucket. 

2 hours ago, GNR_RNR said:

Indeed it is, CD's still big business in Japan.

I know you love your CDs but I just can't remember any release from the last 10 years or so adding a bonus track just for the Japanese market.

Chinese Democracy didn't have a bonus track just for Japan. AFD remastered didn't have either. 

Even if some artist released a Japanese only bonus track on CD media, it always find its way on streaming or iTunes worldwide. It just doesn't matter anymore. So why would an Universal/Geffen internal document would consider it as Japanese only?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

Love your informative posts. And your opinions too, of course. 

About the Paul Tobias thing: the reason to still have songs written by him (and nobody else besides Axl and the odd Japanese 14th bonus track) would be if either the songs were old stuff that Slash had worked in mid-90s or if somehow Paul is still Axl's partner to write songs nowadays. At least we know for sure that Paul is safe and in quarantine since 2001. :lol:

I don't think Axl would care to use those songs written by him and not something like The General, that supposedly was written by Axl/Brain/Bucket. 

I know you love your CDs but I just can't remember any release from the last 10 years or so adding a bonus track just for the Japanese market.

Chinese Democracy didn't have a bonus track just for Japan. AFD remastered didn't have either. 

Even if some artist released a Japanese only bonus track on CD media, it always find its way on streaming or iTunes worldwide. It just doesn't matter anymore. So why would an Universal/Geffen internal document would consider it as Japanese only?

No, it really still is a thing. As an example, the last Manic Street Preachers album had 3(!!!) bonus tracks on the Japanese CD. 

Other recent examples across genres- Little Mix, Madonna, Celine Dion, Pink etc. 

It's very much still a part of a lot of releases. Still annoying for collectors! 

You forget that CD's are still a massive business, (in Japan especially) and the reason it's done is to stop Japanese buyers getting cheaper imported copies from other countries. 

Edited by allwaystired
  • Like 4

33 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

CD's, Vinyl, Digital gotta be multi media in 2020.

Many (most) albums still have Japanese bonus tracks. Liam Gallagher's, as yet unreleased, MTV unplugged album will have a Japanese Bonus track. So the practise is still alive and kicking in 2020. 

I'd suggest giving:

https://qz.com/711490/why-japan-has-more-music-stores-than-the-rest-of-the-world/

A read as it's quite interesting (Note it is from 2016 so figures will doubtlessly have changed somewhat).

But especially "Globally, 39% of all music sales are physical CDs and vinyl, but in Japan, the figure is double that. "

2 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

It's very much still a part of a lot of releases. Still annoying for collectors! 

THIS!!!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

No, it really still is a thing. As an example, the last Manic Street Preachers album had 3(!!!) bonus tracks on the Japanese CD. 

Other recent examples across genres- Little Mix, Madonna, Celine Dion, Pink etc. 

You forget that CD's are still a massive business, (in Japan especially) and the reason it's done is to stop Japanese buyers getting cheaper imported copies from other countries. 

Manic Street Preachers is a cool band, I like it. 

But the thing is: are those tracks still available in digital? 

I know about the reason on why Japan has bonus tracks, but GNR's last bonus track release is from 1999's Live Era. And even then it was still available as an mp3 worldwide.

I'm just questioning why a supposed internal document would have this information (as it says it will be also available in digital too, obviously). And so far in advance.

7 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

CD's, Vinyl, Digital gotta be multi media in 2020.

Many (most) albums still have Japanese bonus tracks. Liam Gallagher's, as yet unreleased, MTV unplugged album will have a Japanese Bonus track. So the practise is still alive and kicking in 2020. 

I'd suggest giving:

https://qz.com/711490/why-japan-has-more-music-stores-than-the-rest-of-the-world/

A read as it's quite interesting (Note it is from 2016 so figures will doubtlessly have changed somewhat).

But especially "Globally, 39% of all music sales are physical CDs and vinyl, but in Japan, the figure is double that. "

I'm tired. I will not go into this physical release thing anymore, I'm sorry. I'm just pointing out things that makes that fake tracklist looking iffy. 

6 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

Manic Street Preachers is a cool band, I like it. 

But the thing is: are those tracks still available in digital? 

I know about the reason on why Japan has bonus tracks, but GNR's last bonus track release is from 1999's Live Era. And even then it was still available as an mp3 worldwide.

I'm just questioning why a supposed internal document would have this information (as it says it will be also available in digital too, obviously). And so far in advance.

I'm tired. I will not go into this physical release thing anymore, I'm sorry. I'm just pointing out things that makes that fake tracklist looking iffy. 

I don't believe so (in an official capacity of course). They sometimes crop up on reissues or as b-sides though in my experience. 

Oh, that fake tracklist is utter bullshit, no doubt about it! 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Blackstar said:

It looks that the OP of every thread on reddit Fernando has replied to giving "information" gets deleted by its poster, so although the comments in the threads are still there, they don't appear on Fernando's profile. Maybe Fernando doesn't want Axl to find out what he posts? :lol:

I just hope that Axl realize in soon enough time that incompetent people is to robery his money. I'm can't imagine experts managers to post in Reddit......it isn' t serious.

• Like 1

I still can’t believe how many people fall for the old “text on a paper” trick. 

Don’t put any stock into these things, not just in GNR world, but just overall in the world, unless there is definitive reason to. It’ll save you a lot of upset later.

Edited by AxlRoseCDII
  • GNFNR 1

Probably also worth noting.....the Rolling Stones track they made available yesterday is now available to order from their website on CD and vinyl physical singles. And (shock! horror!) in the middle of the lockdown. 

So there's a 'release strategy' for you right there guys. One song. Done.  

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

3 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Probably also worth noting.....the Rolling Stones track they made available yesterday is now available to order from their website on CD and vinyl physical singles. And (shock! horror!) in the middle of the lockdown. 

This is so true!

Let me tell you this. During this lockdown, music has been one of the healing power. Many of my favourite artist has put out a surprise singles, EP:s and stuff. And I love it

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

CD and Vinyl singles! Awesome. Bring back Top Of The Pops

Not to downplay the tragedy that is Covid-19, it does sound like a very convenient excuse. The fact that an album wasn't announced around the same time as the tour is strong evidence in my opinion that a record was never on the cards.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

The Killers, Alanis Morissette, The Rolling Stones, The 1975, and Juice WRLD all dropped new singles today. Juice WRLD has more new music out since his death (December 2019) than Guns N’ Roses has released in the last 12 years. 

To be fair, Axl dying is the only thing that would trigger a release of new music from guns...

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, gavgnr said:

Not to downplay the tragedy that is Covid-19, it does sound like a very convenient excuse. The fact that an album wasn't announced around the same time as the tour is strong evidence in my opinion that a record was never on the cards.

This is my view entirely. There's nothing to release. 

To be fair to them though, they haven't really used Covid-19 as an excuse - it's only some people on here that have done that. People have presumed that the coronavirus is the reason we're hearing nothing about new material. The band have continued entirely as normal! 

5 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

To be fair to them though, they haven't really used Covid-19 as an excuse - it's only some people on here that have done that. People have presumed that the coronavirus is the reason we're hearing nothing about new material. The band have continued entirely as normal! 

Fernando wrote on reddit, that they had to "push back" their plans for 2020, due to the current situation. 

8 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

nothing that I think Axl will want to release as is with this line up with no rerecording but the second half of Chinese was probably completed in 2007/8. 16 out of the 30 tunes Bumble worked on are ready to go with Robin, Bucket, Bumble, Fortus, Frank, Brain, Pitman, Tommy and Paul.

1 minute ago, Rovim said:

nothing that I think Axl will want to release as is with this line up with no rerecording but the second half of Chinese was probably completed in 2007/8. 16 out of the 30 tunes Bumble worked on are ready to go with Robin, Bucket, Bumble, Fortus, Frank, Brain, Pitman, Tommy and Paul.

Yeah of course. There's always the stuff from the past sitting there rotting away we'd love to hear! I've lost all hope of hearing that, other than if it leaks.