Jump to content

The "New Album" Thread - Susan McKagan says album is coming


Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, GNRfanJen said:

Fernando confirmed it's fake.

Where did he confirm this? As others have said, he is unlikely to say ‘oh well, yeah it’s real’. It probably is fake right enough but happy to be proved wrong and we could all do with some hope I guess.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Grandma's hamster has never been in safer hands.

I like the idea of being on my death bed, saying "just refresh that page one more time for me....I'm pretty sure that insider was full of shit, but I want to be totally sure....." 

Posted Images

It looks that the OP of every thread on reddit Fernando has replied to giving "information" gets deleted by its poster, so although the comments in the threads are still there, they don't appear on Fernando's profile. Maybe Fernando doesn't want Axl to find out what he posts? :lol:

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

It looks that the OP of every thread on reddit Fernando has replied to giving "information" gets deleted by its poster, so although the comments in the threads are still there, they don't appear on Fernando's profile. Maybe Fernando doesn't want Axl to find out what he posts? :lol:

How odd. I don't know anything about reddit at all though. I've only followed links posted here to Fernando's posts :lol: But what could be an explanation for that? Does it happen regularly? I mean, in other threads too?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

At the end of the day, even semi productive artists do not have this lunacy in their fan bases. If Axl released something every now and then there would be no incentive/point for these trolls to make this shit up.

Absolutely untrue, just look up Arctic Monkeys and the guy that trolled them with the 'salt and milk' album.

Some people just love trolling.

18 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

Where did he confirm this? As others have said, he is unlikely to say ‘oh well, yeah it’s real’. It probably is fake right enough but happy to be proved wrong and we could all do with some hope I guess.

https://old.reddit.com/r/GunsNRoses/comments/g6u6kh/how_many_tuesdays_are_left/fodxeyz/

the Flebeis user (maybe)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Blows my mind that anyone would or could consider the possibility this is real!

Just LOOK at it people! Geffen logo badly superimposed, details wrong, release date a wednesday, the inclusion of a random setlist and guitar pick....and shoved on Reddit by someone who has never posted before. Not to mention the fact....what the fuck is it meant to be in the first place?! 

Honestly, if you give this one even a second thought then the let-down is on you. 

A bit depressing really that even one person, after all the bullshit trolling, time wasting, weirdos and false information we've been subjected to over the years, would give this obvious fake a second thought. 

 

Edited by allwaystired
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Lio said:

How odd. I don't know anything about reddit at all though. I've only followed links posted here to Fernando's posts :lol: But what could be an explanation for that? Does it happen regularly? I mean, in other threads too?

I didn't follow reddit either before the whole thing with Fernando, and then the leaks, started, so I don't know much about how it's moderated etc.

From what I have seen, it has also happened in threads that had to do with the leaks and the war between "insiders"/hoarders, which makes sense. Maybe this picture of the supposed "new album" track list was reported as fake and the poster was asked to delete it. But the OP in the thread where someone just asked Fernando for an update on the album and Fernando replied "it's coming along" and all the other stuff has also been deleted by its poster.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Blows my mind that anyone would or could consider the possibility this is real!

Just LOOK at it people! Geffen logo badly superimposed, details wrong, release date a wednesday, the inclusion of a random setlist and guitar pick....and shoved on Reddit by someone who has never posted before. Not to mention the fact....what the fuck is it meant to be in the first place?! 

Honestly, if you give this one even a second thought then the let-down is on you. 

A bit depressing really that even one person, after all the bullshit trolling, time wasting, weirdos and false information we've been subjected to over the years, would give this obvious fake a second thought. 

 

let's us take it like a convinement game. And do critic if it was real ;)

sad sad game...

5 hours ago, gavgnr said:

Guys Fernando has already stated it’s fake 

but why the smiley ?  :(

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, AxlSlashthebest said:

let's us take it like a convinement game. And do critic if it was real ;)

sad sad game...

but why the smiley ?  :(

What's the point? Gives the sort of pathetic individual that does these things the oxygen they need to keep wasting their time on shit like this. 

They'll be reading this, getting the attention they want. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GNR_RNR said:

Absolutely untrue, just look up Arctic Monkeys and the guy that trolled them with the 'salt and milk' album.

Some people just love trolling.

https://old.reddit.com/r/GunsNRoses/comments/g6u6kh/how_many_tuesdays_are_left/fodxeyz/

the Flebeis user (maybe)

Oh well - lets hope we are all wrong and somehow something appears..😂

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GNR_RNR said:

Absolutely untrue, just look up Arctic Monkeys and the guy that trolled them with the 'salt and milk' album.

Some people just love trolling.

https://old.reddit.com/r/GunsNRoses/comments/g6u6kh/how_many_tuesdays_are_left/fodxeyz/

the Flebeis user (maybe)

The comments after his fake comment are pretty funny, “can we have a Chinese democracy yo-yo?”  Hehe

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, AxlSlashthebest said:

U right 

I'm sorry....maybe just in a bad mood you know? We're all in a shitty situation, then you get these time wasting clowns too, when you'd actually really quite like new material from your favourite band to distract you. Hit a nerve and just really pissed me off this morning when normally I'd laugh at it! 

Back to the coffee for me I think! 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

no no I was saying you really right. If we start to play this game all the fucker like this will publish that kind of shit . This period make us nervous but make us also more expenctative (I'm French. not sure it's clear !!!). The best think to do for me today is to listen this new song Of the Rolling Stones (which is so cool IMO) and.........not trying thinking that my favorit band could do the same !!! just enjoy it !!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, AxlSlashthebest said:

no no I was saying you really right. If we start to play this game all the fucker like this will publish that kind of shit . This period make us nervous but make us also more expenctative (I'm French. not sure it's clear !!!). The best think to do for me today is to listen this new song Of the Rolling Stones (which is so cool IMO) and.........not trying thinking that my favorit band could do the same !!! just enjoy it !!!

Yep - just got to enjoy what we get! 

I'm just being a grouch today! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Actually I think this is the one thing that does makes sense and makes it "believable". Paul Tobias, although there is the history with Slash, SFTD etc., was kind of part of the classic GnR family tree early on, since the band had recorded two songs co-written by him. That would make his presence as a co-writer on an album marketed as "reunion album" more "legitimate" (and even acceptable by Slash) in comparison to an album featuring songs co-written by Buckethead and Finck.

Again supposing it's real for fun's sake: It doesn't have to be OMG, it could be something from the same sessions OMG originated, in which Riggs had participated. Plus, if I'm not mistaken, OMG wasn't co-written by Freese and Stinson (only Rose, Reed, Tobias and Riggs are credited as writers).

Riggs, as already mentioned by others, was Dizzy's friend and roommate at the time. But his story goes a lot back, he was the drummer in Dizzy's pre-GnR band Johnny and the Jaguars/The Wild, who lived next to GnR in the Gardners rehearsal space in 1985. 

In 1994/95, when GnR wasn't doing much, Dizzy (obviously to keep himself busy) was jamming with a loose club band consisting of old friends/bandmates, like Riggs, and friends of their friends. I guess most of those guys were struggling financially, so it seems Axl put them on a salary and got them to rehearse in the GnR studio with Paul Tobias, and if they came up with an idea he liked, he would use it for GnR. Chinese Whispers has called all that the "shadow band" or "shadow company," but I prefer not to use these terms because I think it makes it sound more serious/important than it really was.

Love your informative posts. And your opinions too, of course. 

About the Paul Tobias thing: the reason to still have songs written by him (and nobody else besides Axl and the odd Japanese 14th bonus track) would be if either the songs were old stuff that Slash had worked in mid-90s or if somehow Paul is still Axl's partner to write songs nowadays. At least we know for sure that Paul is safe and in quarantine since 2001. :lol:

I don't think Axl would care to use those songs written by him and not something like The General, that supposedly was written by Axl/Brain/Bucket. 

2 hours ago, GNR_RNR said:

Indeed it is, CD's still big business in Japan.

I know you love your CDs but I just can't remember any release from the last 10 years or so adding a bonus track just for the Japanese market.

Chinese Democracy didn't have a bonus track just for Japan. AFD remastered didn't have either. 

Even if some artist released a Japanese only bonus track on CD media, it always find its way on streaming or iTunes worldwide. It just doesn't matter anymore. So why would an Universal/Geffen internal document would consider it as Japanese only?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

Love your informative posts. And your opinions too, of course. 

About the Paul Tobias thing: the reason to still have songs written by him (and nobody else besides Axl and the odd Japanese 14th bonus track) would be if either the songs were old stuff that Slash had worked in mid-90s or if somehow Paul is still Axl's partner to write songs nowadays. At least we know for sure that Paul is safe and in quarantine since 2001. :lol:

I don't think Axl would care to use those songs written by him and not something like The General, that supposedly was written by Axl/Brain/Bucket. 

I know you love your CDs but I just can't remember any release from the last 10 years or so adding a bonus track just for the Japanese market.

Chinese Democracy didn't have a bonus track just for Japan. AFD remastered didn't have either. 

Even if some artist released a Japanese only bonus track on CD media, it always find its way on streaming or iTunes worldwide. It just doesn't matter anymore. So why would an Universal/Geffen internal document would consider it as Japanese only?

No, it really still is a thing. As an example, the last Manic Street Preachers album had 3(!!!) bonus tracks on the Japanese CD. 

Other recent examples across genres- Little Mix, Madonna, Celine Dion, Pink etc. 

It's very much still a part of a lot of releases. Still annoying for collectors! 

You forget that CD's are still a massive business, (in Japan especially) and the reason it's done is to stop Japanese buyers getting cheaper imported copies from other countries. 

Edited by allwaystired
  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

I know you love your CDs but I just can't remember any release from the last 10 years or so adding a bonus track just for the Japanese market.

Chinese Democracy didn't have a bonus track just for Japan. AFD remastered didn't have either. 

Even if some artist released a Japanese only bonus track on CD media, it always find its way on streaming or iTunes worldwide. It just doesn't matter anymore. So why would an Universal/Geffen internal document would consider it as Japanese only?

CD's, Vinyl, Digital gotta be multi media in 2020.

Many (most) albums still have Japanese bonus tracks. Liam Gallagher's, as yet unreleased, MTV unplugged album will have a Japanese Bonus track. So the practise is still alive and kicking in 2020. 

I'd suggest giving:

https://qz.com/711490/why-japan-has-more-music-stores-than-the-rest-of-the-world/

A read as it's quite interesting (Note it is from 2016 so figures will doubtlessly have changed somewhat).

But especially "Globally, 39% of all music sales are physical CDs and vinyl, but in Japan, the figure is double that. "

 

 

 

2 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

It's very much still a part of a lot of releases. Still annoying for collectors! 

 

THIS!!!

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

No, it really still is a thing. As an example, the last Manic Street Preachers album had 3(!!!) bonus tracks on the Japanese CD. 

Other recent examples across genres- Little Mix, Madonna, Celine Dion, Pink etc. 

It's very much still a part of a lot of releases. Still annoying for collectors! 

You forget that CD's are still a massive business, (in Japan especially) and the reason it's done is to stop Japanese buyers getting cheaper imported copies from other countries. 

Manic Street Preachers is a cool band, I like it. 

But the thing is: are those tracks still available in digital? 

I know about the reason on why Japan has bonus tracks, but GNR's last bonus track release is from 1999's Live Era. And even then it was still available as an mp3 worldwide.

I'm just questioning why a supposed internal document would have this information (as it says it will be also available in digital too, obviously). And so far in advance.

7 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

CD's, Vinyl, Digital gotta be multi media in 2020.

Many (most) albums still have Japanese bonus tracks. Liam Gallagher's, as yet unreleased, MTV unplugged album will have a Japanese Bonus track. So the practise is still alive and kicking in 2020. 

I'd suggest giving:

https://qz.com/711490/why-japan-has-more-music-stores-than-the-rest-of-the-world/

A read as it's quite interesting (Note it is from 2016 so figures will doubtlessly have changed somewhat).

But especially "Globally, 39% of all music sales are physical CDs and vinyl, but in Japan, the figure is double that. "

 

I'm tired. I will not go into this physical release thing anymore, I'm sorry. I'm just pointing out things that makes that fake tracklist looking iffy. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

Manic Street Preachers is a cool band, I like it. 

But the thing is: are those tracks still available in digital? 

I know about the reason on why Japan has bonus tracks, but GNR's last bonus track release is from 1999's Live Era. And even then it was still available as an mp3 worldwide.

I'm just questioning why a supposed internal document would have this information (as it says it will be also available in digital too, obviously). And so far in advance.

I'm tired. I will not go into this physical release thing anymore, I'm sorry. I'm just pointing out things that makes that fake tracklist looking iffy. 

I don't believe so (in an official capacity of course). They sometimes crop up on reissues or as b-sides though in my experience. 

Oh, that fake tracklist is utter bullshit, no doubt about it! 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Blackstar said:

It looks that the OP of every thread on reddit Fernando has replied to giving "information" gets deleted by its poster, so although the comments in the threads are still there, they don't appear on Fernando's profile. Maybe Fernando doesn't want Axl to find out what he posts? :lol:

I just hope that Axl realize in soon enough time that incompetent people is to robery his money. I'm can't imagine experts managers to post in Reddit......it isn' t serious.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   1 member




×
×
  • Create New...