The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

4 hours ago, MildlyArtistic said:

Don't forget three solo albums and four EPs from Noel Gallagher, two Beady Eye albums, and two Liam Gallagher solo albums (four if you count the Acoustic Sessions release and the upcoming MTV Unplugged) since Chinese Democracy released.

More Oasis material since the band split up than GNR material since they got back together.

• Sad 1

Honestly, we should just count our blessings that we got the 2019 leaks, which together make a very solid EP from that era. 

Atlas Shrugged

Hardschool

Perhaps

Eye On You

State of Grace 

Silkworms

This time last year the thought of hearing those would send us into the stratosphere with excitement. Don’t forget that!

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

2 minutes ago, rumandraisin said:

is it just me or is there something very sad about fully grown men making and printing fake tracklists? 

It's definitely not just you. It's utterly tragic, on too many levels to fully consider. 

Even more pathetic when you think that the same people creating them are probably then sharing and speculating on them, in various places. Maybe even on here. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, allwaystired said:

It's definitely not just you. It's utterly tragic, on too many levels to fully consider. 

Even more pathetic when you think that the same people creating them are probably then sharing and speculating on them, in various places. Maybe even on here. 

It's just 2003 - 2005 all over again. We've had so many fakes, it's kind of unbelievable. 

42 minutes ago, Alejandro GNR said:

I hope Perhaps and SoG make the album if an album ever happens...I THINK they are top 5 Axl’s GnR for sure.

I'm pretty confident Perhaps will make an official release eventually. It was at least considered for CD2 based on the 2008 list.

As for State of Grace, I really hope it does too. Except for needing a guitar solo, the instrumental is solid. I think it could use some fresh vocals, though I like the latter half of Axl's vocals on it. The first half sounds like scratch vocals, but maybe would work with a little better mixing and some studio tweaking. 

The outro to SoG would be a nice album closer, those high piercing Axl vocals adding icing to the cake. The intro to SoG reminds me of the classic DOOM video games music. In one of the village leaks instrumentals you can hear some door open and close sound effects from those games too, so perhaps they provided some inspiration.

As for album openers, Hardschool has a long enough intro for that, Zodiac's false piano intro is a fun tease too.  Both tracks are solid and catchy, assuming Zodiac has decent or better vocals. The General very well may take 1st place though based on them using part of it to open some concerts. The latter may be too intense for an opener though, based on the bit of vocals we have heard, it sounds pretty crazy.

Edited by Sweersa

9 hours ago, MildlyArtistic said:

Don't forget three solo albums and four EPs from Noel Gallagher, two Beady Eye albums, and two Liam Gallagher solo albums (four if you count the Acoustic Sessions release and the upcoming MTV Unplugged) since Chinese Democracy released.

But then shouldn't we count releases by Velvet Revolver, Slash, Duff, Bumblefoot, Sorum, Stinson, Dizzy... ?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, StayofExecution2020 said:

Duff's wife

Very cool, will be interesting to see what was said exactly in the interview when it's revealed later. 

Probably will go something like a new album was planned for 2025, but due to covid-19 having an impact on touring/promotion, they will delay it to 2028.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, MildlyArtistic said:

Sadly, nothing nothing post Do you know what I mean was at least listenable.  Total waste of resoureces it was recorded on.  IMO. No diss on the fans intended.

...granted, any of them was probably way better than CD...

Edited by shotsfired cro

12 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Susan is our only real source of info lol.

She "leaked" the news of the reunion, and the recent US tour dates, on her instagram.

Fernando's word means nothing at this point... but if Duff's wife says something is happening, then it's happening. (How sad is that?)

Wow, well finally some seemingly fantastic news! 

Looking forward to the interview. 

• Like 2

We’re out of reliable sources. At this point, the only source I trust is Axl. The only person capable of stopping it all or make it happen. 

if they were to release a mixed album (CD era tracks + new tracks) I hope they include Atlas, Perhaps, State of Grace, Quick Song (melody is nice, not a hit but not a filler), HardSkool and maybe an AC/DC cover would be nice too. That’s 5/6 good songs plus the new material (I’m assuming something including axl and slash can’t be bad as scraped)

BTW I found this yesterday, any guess of what ‘hey you’ is?

http://www.spookeend.nl/gnr/chinese-democracy-2-versions/