The "New Album" Thread - Susan McKagan says album is coming

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Grandma's hamster has never been in safer hands.

Axl is close to 60 Reunion is now over 4 years old The last unheard new song was played in 2006 The last studio album was in 2008 The last new song before that in 1999 Every s

Posted Images

“I will say GNR have been working pretty fastidiously on some killer new stuff”

I’m not sure why you are all so excited she said basically the same thing that Fortus and Slash have been saying for years. What makes you all think this is a straight up confirmation vs what band members have said in the past?

• Like 2
Just now, jimisbatman said:

Susan's comments are just a cheap way to garner attention imo

Like the time she mentioned that last tour for no reason, but then the tour was announced soon after? 

• Like 1
Just now, RussTCB said:

The ONLY reason I put more stock into what Susan says is that the last thing she said too early actually came true. All Fernando does is insult the fans, tell us something is coming soon and ask us to do his job for him. 

Apparently they don't want to give any official updates (even though Slash has mentioned a couple of times specifically that recording has been going on), so they do it through unofficial channels (reddit) and in unofficial ways (through band members' wives). But Fernando is not good at all with communication and there's his bad relationship with the fans that has been building up for a long time, so he blows it.

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1
1 minute ago, Gimpy Hewitt said:

I’m not sure why you are all so excited she said basically the same thing that Fortus and Slash have been saying for years. What makes you all think this is a straight up confirmation vs what band members have said in the past?

I Agree

1 minute ago, Gimpy Hewitt said:

As mentioned several times already, the difference between Fernando, Slash and Fortus is that things Susan has said have actually happened. 

• Like 2
34 minutes ago, GNRfanJen said:

Just listened to the whole episode. It's a really enjoyable listen, Susan is really likable. 

After she talked about the album, she followed it up with, "I want to spread good news, but not detailed news. Hopefully that'll put a spring in y'all's step." 

...can we appoint her GN'R manager? She's awesome. 

I would be down for that. She seems like she actually cares about the fans too.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Has anything Susan has said NOT happened? 

I wonder if her statements cause frustration behind the scenes? She's certainly always the first to say anything. 

From the way she brought it up, it seems that, at least this time, it was "set up" and it didn't slip out of her.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Gimpy Hewitt said:

Ok, fair point just wanted some clarification on why everyone was so pumped😂

I mean....don't get me wrong, I will never believe a new GN'R album is coming until I'm actually listening to it. However, she's the only person who's ever said anything that came true. 

3 minutes ago, jimisbatman said:

I hope your right, as its a great time for new music. 

See above. Just wanna make it clear that I'm not saying this means anything much. She's just been right on the last few things as opposed to anyone else who's ever been connected with GNR lol

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

From the way she brought it up, it seems that, at least this time, it was "set up" and it didn't slip out of her.

Ok. Well that's an interesting one then. 

As others have said though, there's a huge difference between comments like this and us hearing anything. As ever, time will tell! 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

If they believe they need a tour to release an album, we could be looking at a late 2021 release.

You could get it out for November/December, take advantage of the Christmas market with some good looking physical packages, use the rescheduled SA tour to promote it, then continue the promotion into 2021. 

i can't believe I've just typed that.....it suggests I actually believe something might be coming! 

• Like 1

Are we living an alternative reality of early ‘00s?

I think Ive heard that before and at the time, we also had a new Coronavirus circulating (Sars)

Edited by default_
  • Like 1
  • GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1

I'm always skeptical about this but I can't see her bringing that up without truth to it. She wasn't pressed on it and pretty much just came out with it. The fact that she said she heard some of it makes me believe even more that it has at least been worked on. It wasn't too long ago that she hashtagged US Stadiums at the end of a tweet, well before that tour was announced. Who knows when it will happen, but I have the utmost confidence that it will happen unless the band just implodes again. 

Edited by GoBucky
31 minutes ago, GoBucky said:

I'm always skeptical about this but I can't see her bringing that up without truth to it. She wasn't pressed on it and pretty much just came out with it. The fact that she said she heard some of it makes me believe even more that it's at has at least been worked on. It wasn't too long ago that she hashtagged US Stadiums at the end of a tweet, well before that tour was announced. Who knows when it will happen, but I have the utmost confidence that it will happen unless the band just implodes again. 

As always, we'll just have to sit and wait. That's the joy of being a GN'R fan haha. 

13 minutes ago, alangarcianr said:

I just listened to it. Interest thing is there wasn’t a direct question about it that could make her feel, in a way, obligated to give an answer. She brought it up herself, which could mean its a good and true thing. 

I always remember that Swedish interview that Slash did back in 2015 where the interviewer asked him, completely out of the blue, “I heard you made amends with Axl Rose” :D 

That was staged as fuck, there were no rumors here or anywhere at the moment. It was quite obvious that it was done to start the hype/rumor shitstorm.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
20 minutes ago, alangarcianr said:

I just listened to it. Interest thing is there wasn’t a direct question about it that could make her feel, in a way, obligated to give an answer. She brought it up herself, which could mean its a good and true thing. 

Ala Slash before the reunion happened