The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

9 hours ago, allwaystired said:

You could get it out for November/December, take advantage of the Christmas market with some good looking physical packages, use the rescheduled SA tour to promote it, then continue the promotion into 2021. 

i can't believe I've just typed that.....it suggests I actually believe something might be coming! 

The IPA has gone to your head! 

Imagine yet another dry year. One little hitch and it'll be put back to 2022

• Haha 1

When you’re from their era the current situation does present issues with releasing an album this year. No tour, limited scope for videos and traditional promotion, Axl not being able to do those record store signing sessions and meet and greets with the fans which I’m sure he’d be looking forward to(!).

But it’s also a time when new music will make up for the lack of touring. Any major artist who releases an album this year will get plenty of attention.

• Like 1

Where are those guys who said there was no album, nothing was going on and all those signs (Slash's recording at Axl's, Hardschool in the setlist, Duff's interviews...) didn't mean anything?

I mean, of course they were/are working on something, like Susan said. And we all know too well to still try to not get our hopes up because the release was always the problem. But I don't think it's a coincidence that she and Fernando said kinda the same thing at the same time. 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

Where are those guys who said there was no album, nothing was going on and all those signs (Slash's recording at Axl's, Hardschool in the setlist, Duff's interviews...) didn't mean anything?

I mean, of course they were/are working on something, like Susan said. And we all know too well to still try to not get our hopes up because the release was always the problem. But I don't think it's a coincidence that she and Fernando said kinda the same thing at the same time. 

We're all still here! 

I'll still not be convinced until I hear it that there is a new album I'm afraid. 

'Working on something' is still hugely ambiguous without proof. 

Edited by allwaystired

6 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

We're all still here! 

I'll still not be convinced until I hear it that there is a new album I'm afraid. 

'Working on something' is still hugely ambiguous without proof. 

Fair enough. The proof you want would only come with a proper announcement, I guess.

18 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

Still here, after so many years of these "C O N F I R M A T I O N S" I'm now firmly in the camp of only believing a new album is coming if these happen:

1. There is an actual release date (like a specific day) announced directly by GNR

2. I'm holding the CD in my hand

• Like 2

1 minute ago, zigzagbigbag said:

Ever heard of self fulfilling prophecy?! 

I suggest, with immediate effect we  completely ignore TB by any means but constantly talk/tread Susan as GNR‘s new management instead 😄

Let‘s see what happens ...

Remember when Beta unfollowed Susan for posting a photo of Stephanie Seymour?

looks like you're gonna add more fuel to that fire!

3 hours ago, rumandraisin said:

How many months till this thread is retitled 'Update - she lied!'

ok to be fair, she (along with Slash's gf) were the first ones on earth hinting at reunion and turned out to be true. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Entman said:

Still here, after so many years of these "C O N F I R M A T I O N S" I'm now firmly in the camp of only believing a new album is coming if these happen:

1. There is an actual release date (like a specific day) announced directly by GNR

Well, who said anything about confirmation here? 

4 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Yep, that's pretty much it. 

This does seem (to my mind) the most promising comments we've had yet though......

It is promising. It's all I'm saying, actually. Things seems to be moving forward. Slowly, but still forward.

3 hours ago, ©GnrPersia said:

Remember when Beta unfollowed Susan for posting a photo of Stephanie Seymour?

child mentality. It's actions like these that prove she isn't a good fit to manage Gn'R. Takes it way too personal. Fernando is too smug to ever be liked enough by the hardcore fans to be trusted imo and everytime he is confronted with anything to do with the band he'll come up with something silly like "brand new single" or he'll play it safe like refusing to confirm if it's him on Reddit or not. :facepalm:

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Entman said:

1. There is an actual release date (like a specific day) announced directly by Susan

Ive changed your post

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Stress Fracture said:

When you’re from their era the current situation does present issues with releasing an album this year. No tour, limited scope for videos and traditional promotion, Axl not being able to do those record store signing sessions and meet and greets with the fans which I’m sure he’d be looking forward to(!).

But it’s also a time when new music will make up for the lack of touring. Any major artist who releases an album this year will get plenty of attention.

Lol, can you imagine axl doing a record store signing looking unhappy like he does when hes in a fans selfie photo?. Duff and slash i could see doing record store promo.

I know you were being sarcastic with your reply:P