Jump to content

The "New Album" Thread - Susan McKagan says album is coming


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Grandma's hamster has never been in safer hands.

I like the idea of being on my death bed, saying "just refresh that page one more time for me....I'm pretty sure that insider was full of shit, but I want to be totally sure....." 

Axl is close to 60 Reunion is now over 4 years old The last unheard new song was played in 2006 The last studio album was in 2008 The last new song before that in 1999 Every s

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

If they believe they need a tour to release an album, we could be looking at a late 2021 release.

Which is such a bummer. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

If they believe they need a tour to release an album, we could be looking at a late 2021 release.

You could get it out for November/December, take advantage of the Christmas market with some good looking physical packages, use the rescheduled SA tour to promote it, then continue the promotion into 2021. 

i can't believe I've just typed that.....it suggests I actually believe something might be coming! 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Are we living an alternative reality of early ‘00s?

I think Ive heard that before and at the time, we also had a new Coronavirus circulating (Sars)

Edited by default_
  • Like 1
  • GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm always skeptical about this but I can't see her bringing that up without truth to it. She wasn't pressed on it and pretty much just came out with it. The fact that she said she heard some of it makes me believe even more that it has at least been worked on. It wasn't too long ago that she hashtagged US Stadiums at the end of a tweet, well before that tour was announced. Who knows when it will happen, but I have the utmost confidence that it will happen unless the band just implodes again. 

Edited by GoBucky
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, GoBucky said:

I'm always skeptical about this but I can't see her bringing that up without truth to it. She wasn't pressed on it and pretty much just came out with it. The fact that she said she heard some of it makes me believe even more that it's at has at least been worked on. It wasn't too long ago that she hashtagged US Stadiums at the end of a tweet, well before that tour was announced. Who knows when it will happen, but I have the utmost confidence that it will happen unless the band just implodes again. 

As always, we'll just have to sit and wait. That's the joy of being a GN'R fan haha. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, alangarcianr said:

I just listened to it. Interest thing is there wasn’t a direct question about it that could make her feel, in a way, obligated to give an answer. She brought it up herself, which could mean its a good and true thing. 

I always remember that Swedish interview that Slash did back in 2015 where the interviewer asked him, completely out of the blue, “I heard you made amends with Axl Rose” :D 

That was staged as fuck, there were no rumors here or anywhere at the moment. It was quite obvious that it was done to start the hype/rumor shitstorm.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, alangarcianr said:

I just listened to it. Interest thing is there wasn’t a direct question about it that could make her feel, in a way, obligated to give an answer. She brought it up herself, which could mean its a good and true thing. 

Ala Slash before the reunion happened

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, GNRfanMILO said:

I always remember that Swedish interview that Slash did back in 2015 where the interviewer asked him, completely out of the blue, “I heard you made amends with Axl Rose” :D 

That was staged as fuck, there were no rumors here or anywhere at the moment. It was quite obvious that it was done to start the hype/rumor shitstorm.

Staged or not, that was amazin to hear. Im still have that interview in my vault.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, default_ said:

Are we living an alternative reality of early ‘00s?

I think Ive heard that before and at the time, we also had a new Coronavirus circulating (Sars)

I had my hopes up for a fall release but then I remembered it'll be flu season.  2021 it is...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe Susan should be GNR's PR person lol I certainly got more info from a 2 minute section of an interview with her than anyone else in GNR land and she seems to have a really positive and energetic vibe about everything.  She seems really chill as a person based on what I have seen

 

I remember when Duff posted a video of her dancing during a soundcheck of I think Estranged, and it was fun seeing her excited about everything like a fan

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean let’s be honest its been confirmed in the same capacity many times the issue is nobody is willing to say when or even a rough as guts timeline it sucks mega. I wonder if any 2016-2020 leaks of work has surfaced? We all knew a new album was planned when Hardschool was added to the setlist.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Really makes you wonder if something was planned this year. Huge bummer if the one year out of the last 12 we could’ve potentially gotten a new album had to be postponed due to a pandemic. What are the odds?

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Really makes you wonder if something was planned this year. Huge bummer if the one year out of the last 12 we could’ve potentially gotten a new album had to be postponed due to a pandemic. What are the odds?

Maybe. Not that we ever get real information from the camp. Remember this gem from The Beta?

'The album was completed before Christmas,' [Beta] says, 'but everyone knows that...'"  (Classic Rock, 02/08)

Everyone knows that, except the public and the fans, who might want to know... Still, I hope SHM isn't just saying stuff, and that something is/was in motion. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Blackstar said:

She said she was given the okay to say as much, but not more details.

Maybe that means an announcement is imminent? 

3 hours ago, GNRfanMILO said:

I always remember that Swedish interview that Slash did back in 2015 where the interviewer asked him, completely out of the blue, “I heard you made amends with Axl Rose” :D 

That was staged as fuck, there were no rumors here or anywhere at the moment. It was quite obvious that it was done to start the hype/rumor shitstorm.

Or like the fan in Atlanta who ran into Axl before the AC/DC audition and then Axl told him they were going to be doing a whole tour.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Lies They Tell said:

Gotta love Susan, even if this isn't exactly news. We've known that they're working on music. It's just a question of when it'll be released.

I wished, it would be that easy! At first they have to figure out "HOW"! 😄

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...