The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

4 minutes ago, Rovim said:

yeah probably not going to happen but imagine Slash, Robin, and Bucket leads in the same tune. :drool:

the 3 different styles could actually work well together. Chinese Democracy the song for example: first solo - Robin, second - Bucket, outro -Slash.

I agree, the only issue I could see is any such song would need to be re-worked a bit for live performances. I think Richard could play Bucket's stuff better than Slash, but who knows. 

It's insane to expect any leads by any of those guys on a new GNR album with Slash back in the band. Not gonna happen and that's how it should be. Personally, I wish it was all new music or stuff from 96 etc. Not a big fan of the whole CD era. If Axl really wanted people to hear it it should have been released a long time ago. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

It's insane to expect any leads by any of those guys on a new GNR album with Slash back in the band. Not gonna happen and that's how it should be. Personally, I wish it was all new music or stuff from 96 etc. Not a big fan of the whole CD era. If Axl really wanted people to hear it it should have been released a long time ago. 

some musicians don't use a good musical idea until a time when they believe it can have a chance to really do something. If we believe what Axl said about Slash's early Fall To Pieces ideas, even he saved it for later, for VR and it paid off.

personally I think Axl should use whatever works. The best ideas that still make artistic sense. I agree that it's only logical to just let Slash take over but it's not ideal for me as a big fan of all those players.

a double album with room for all the players would be a dream come true but I guess that's not what most fans want from Gn'R.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alejandro GNR said:

I LOVE Buckethead and I would LOVE an Axl and Bucket album...

Under GnR I want Axl and Slash....nothing else, nothing beats those 2 together

Bucket should have been Axl's WAR album guitarist.

Could have been like Ozzy's solo career.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, GNRfanJen said:

Co-sign.

I was on the younger side when CD came out. In other words, I basically didn't follow the journey of that album. So this album is really my first GN'R album I'd experience in real time. This is my favorite band so yeah...I honestly don't know how I'm going to act when it finally does come out. :lol:

I was younger too when CD came out didn't even know about GNR that's why the 2019 leaks were so special for me, even though they weren't "new" but for me they were my first "new" GNR songs! 

1 hour ago, ToonGuns said:

Bucket should have been Axl's WAR album guitarist.

Could have been like Ozzy's solo career.

Axl / Bucket is a killer combo there's so many Bucket tracks that would be so much more epic with Axl vocals & melodies 

• GNFNR 1

Our best case scenario at this point seems to be: SA November shows go forward (Fernando seems to think they will), and they drop the album at that point. Fernando said they are deciding if they should move all their 2020 plans to 2021, so it still seems an open question. Perhaps if the Europe and NA dates are rescheduled at that point, they will feel OK about releasing it as long as tickets are on sale?

4 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

I was younger too when CD came out didn't even know about GNR that's why the 2019 leaks were so special for me, even though they weren't "new" but for me they were my first "new" GNR songs! 

Axl / Bucket is a killer combo there's so many Bucket tracks that would be so much more epic with Axl vocals & melodies 

I was in my final year or so of high school when CD came out. I got into GN'R after hearing about Chinese Democracy from Alice Cooper on the radio a few years before in 2006 or 07, thinking it was fascinating it was taking so long. Discovered the leaks (almost a third of the album at that point) and Better specially amazed me. I couldn't understand how such great tunes were not released. I got into the older stuff later on, but the CD era is what got me hooked, and what I enjoy most even to this day.

1 hour ago, El Guapo said:

I agree about the leads.  I can see little lead licks here and there maybe, being preserved from past lead guitarists on CD era recordings since they are more additive and not really main parts.  However I just cannot imagine a new GNR album with "the" GNR guitar player back in the band with any large number of the main solos in the songs not having Slash on them, in favor of people who haven't been in the band anywhere from a half a decade now to 16 years ago (Bucket)

Slash is one of those guitarists that anyone who knows rock music semi-well can hear him play and know it is him.  So to me it would be a wasted oppurtunity to not capitilize on his return to the fullest extent considering that the main audience that they will be targeting for a new GNR album will be people wanting to hear the newly reunited Axl and Slash.  

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Sweersa said:

I was in my final year or so of high school when CD came out. I got into GN'R after hearing about Chinese Democracy from Alice Cooper on the radio a few years before in 2006 or 07, thinking it was fascinating it was taking so long. Discovered the leaks (almost a third of the album at that point) and Better specially amazed me. I couldn't understand how such great tunes were not released. I got into the older stuff later on, but the CD era is what got me hooked, and what I enjoy most even to this day.

Its really cool to hear the guys that got into the band because of CD. I was like 10 when your UYI came out, always knew of the band, but was just getting into rock music at the time. Seen the YCBM video from Terminator 2 and the song blew me way was hardcore fan since then. Bought every album,AFD became my fav album of all time. Then other than TSI, the wait for new GNR music began. When I was told that they had a song that was going to be on the End Of Days soundtrack and that Axl was putting another record together got a guy so pumped. Started on this board discussing, listening to leaks and the brutal wait from when you heard the record was being made til 10 years later and 17 years from the last of orginial material what a great day that was waking up to go pick it up(even though had pretty much every song already). I was so excited I think I bought like 10 copies  any of my buddies if they were just even casual fans I gave them one. Probably do the same thing if the new record ever does come out, I say probably cause it still kind of blew me away that CD ever did get released and with it being 12 more years now even with all the chatter(we've heard all before) of a new record, I get less optimistic every day.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Wabby said:

Its really cool to hear the guys that got into the band because of CD. I was like 10 when your UYI came out, always knew of the band, but was just getting into rock music at the time. Seen the YCBM video from Terminator 2 and the song blew me way was hardcore fan since then. Bought every album,AFD became my fav album of all time. Then other than TSI, the wait for new GNR music began. When I was told that they had a song that was going to be on the End Of Days soundtrack and that Axl was putting another record together got a guy so pumped. Started on this board discussing, listening to leaks and the brutal wait from when you heard the record was being made til 10 years later and 17 years from the last of orginial material what a great day that was waking up to go pick it up(even though had pretty much every song already). I was so excited I think I bought like 10 copies  any of my buddies if they were just even casual fans I gave them one. Probably do the same thing if the new record ever does come out, I say probably cause it still kind of blew me away that CD ever did get released and with it being 12 more years now even with all the chatter(we've heard all before) of a new record, I get less optimistic every day.

Haha I did the same thing when CD came out, gave away a few copies at least. 

I do have a memory from the early to mid '90s when I was a child, I remember riding in the back of my aunt and uncle's mini van and seeing a tape cassette with "Guns N' Roses" on it. I was young, but old enough to read it. At the time, it was the only band name I knew so any time music came up in conversation I'd bring up Guns N' Roses for the simple fact I knew it was a band.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sweersa said:

Very interesting!

I still hope they leave some of Bucket's parts. His work on Soul Monster is amazing. 

No ...there can't be any trace of Bucket and Robin...that era is over.....get over it...I want a raw bluesy tone...the true follow up to the Illusion records

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, GNRfanJen said:

Co-sign.

I was on the younger side when CD came out. In other words, I basically didn't follow the journey of that album. So this album is really my first GN'R album I'd experience in real time. This is my favorite band so yeah...I honestly don't know how I'm going to act when it finally does come out. :lol:

Same here. I was 12 years old when I first listened to don’t cry and that made me follow the band. So i bought a bootleg from rock am ring 2006 and discovered Better and IRS but I had no idea what was happening with Axl and the record. Then I became a forum reader in 2010. I know anything can happen with this band, I kinda gave up last year with Axl mediocre performances and Hardschool not being played but hey, hope is the last thing to lose

• Like 1

I think that this disagree a lot of people, but after heard the 00 leaks, I don’t miss Bucket. For me the best things of chinese democracy are in this leaks.

I’m sure that a new album will not include Robin ir Buckethead solos. It’s a nonsense in this business 

On 2020-04-27 at 9:42 AM, James Bond said:

More Oasis material since the band split up than GNR material since they got back together.

7 hours ago, gavgnr said:

Wouldn’t it be cool if Guns could do something like this 

Noel listened to me. :lol:

13 minutes ago, GoBucky said:

Wonder how Axl feels about the fact that some music websites picked up this interview and ran stories on it. I saw on Facebook that Blabbermouth did ran with it. I wonder if Duff got a phone call? 

I'd almost bet that Susan was told to say something.  bc she wasnt asked about it, and it seems like she should know TB would chop a tit off if she betrayed their secret ways.  lol

• Haha 1

I can definitely understand all the talk about chinese leftovers.  no doubt it's a very valid topic.

does anyone wonder if there will be any Velvet Revolver left overs?  remember Scott turned away alot of instrumentals they wrote prior to Contraband as he said it "sounded too much like Bad Company".  Undoubtedly some of that stuff was probably written with Izzy. 

And I think there is post Libertad stuff- I think nearly a full album was recorded with Corey Taylor.  

anyone think any VR leftovers could be possible???

• Wow 1

46 minutes ago, Chester 524 said:

I can definitely understand all the talk about chinese leftovers.  no doubt it's a very valid topic.

does anyone wonder if there will be any Velvet Revolver left overs?  remember Scott turned away alot of instrumentals they wrote prior to Contraband as he said it "sounded too much like Bad Company".  Undoubtedly some of that stuff was probably written with Izzy. 

And I think there is post Libertad stuff- I think nearly a full album was recorded with Corey Taylor.  

anyone think any VR leftovers could be possible???

I reckon there would have been heaps of riffs and probably complete instrumentals from VR, SMK, Loaded, snakepit to sift through if they even went that far. Hopefully Axl has been going through them all and picking the cream of the crop to lay vocals on...... one can dream.

• Like 2

Based on previous interviews I think it will sound like CD but more modern (as Richard said once) and with Slash's guitar style. But I think Richard will have a lot of moments on the album too (can't remember who said that, maybe Axl?).

And due to Axl's desire to make a trilogy I have a guess on a double album, or maybe two albums released togheter or within a year period like The 1975 is doing.

Edited by mattromero
  • Like 2

Wow this is great news indeed, I wonder if Susans' conversation re new album was planned.  Whatever I dont have any expectations  it will just be good, well pretty exciting, to hear new/hybrid music from this band that I, and my friends, have just discoverd:wow: