The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

Most of all both of them seemed to be hyped that an 11 year old would be so into what they were doing and did their absolute best to keep me motivated (I'd told both that I just picked up guitar that year.)

I wish we could hear more unreleased stuff with Robin. All that potential... gone.

4 minutes ago, bassplayer1993 said:

Back in the day he had a cool call and response thing on his website where he had a question/thought and people could send in either an answer or picture in reply and he would put up his favorites.

When I was 11 years old and just got into GNR I sent in some early digital art I created. He loved it. I wish I still had it, that was like 5 computers ago.

He sent me the warmest, kindest encouraging thank you e-mail you could ever imagine and added my picture to the gallery. It was not copy-paste, it was personalized and you could see he took the time to read my message to him and where I'm from.

I'd rather not share the message in public, I believe a private message is a private message. I still have it on one of my old e-mail accounts, I log onto it only so that I don't lose that message, and another one from BBF, who was just as nice and encouraging.

Imagine the joy it gave an 11 year old!

That is so sweet! I don't hate any of them* but we all have our favourite

*Except Ashba ;)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bassplayer1993 said:

Most of all both of them seemed to be hyped that an 11 year old would be so into what they were doing and did their absolute best to keep me motivated (I'd told both that I just picked up guitar that year.)

I wish we could hear more unreleased stuff with Robin. All that potential... gone.

What happend to Robins solo album, does anybody know? I would be very interested in hearing that.

3 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

What happend to Robins solo album, does anybody know? I would be very interested in hearing that.

Trent deciding to un-retire NIN for good happened.

Big loss... hearing snippets of his playing in random places like that Ernie Ball video make you really wish he'd release it!

Edited by bassplayer1993
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, bassplayer1993 said:

Big loss... hearing snippets of his playing in random places like that Ernie Ball video make you really wish he'd release it!

Ok, since he's related to GnR we'll probably never see it released. 🙄

1 hour ago, bassplayer1993 said:

I've been looking forward to that Robin solo album for ages and yet we'll never get it. Ah yes, the life of a GNR fan haha. 

1 hour ago, Its Tino said:

I have great respect for 4tus. But how could he be someone’s favorite GNR guitar player? 

Agreed.  He lays low and doesn’t rock the boat which is what Axl wants. He’s arguably one of the top ten greatest session musicians of all time though. He can play anything but that’s different that being able to compose something original and timeless. 

4 minutes ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

Agreed.  He lays low and doesn’t rock the boat which is what Axl wants. He’s arguably one of the top ten greatest session musicians of all time though. He can play anything but that’s different that being able to compose something original and timeless. 

Working with bands and musicians for over 10 years I can certainly understand Axl, when recruiting members for bands we take that quality into consideration every time. 

I think Fortus became very respected in the 09-14 era because it was nuce to have a guitarist that didn't look completely absurd. Bumble with his long braided beard and Ashba, well you know the rest. Fortus solos on Knocking were just cool bluesy solos. I like him. 

If you ain't 4tus you're against us

17 hours ago, bassplayer1993 said:

Sorry, Fortus is my favorite member, I get triggered about it easily because of years of the "Izzy clone" crap... been hearing the same stuff over and over since before BBF joined :wow:

Who was the rich australian you were mentioning?. 

Edited by Sydney Fan

1 hour ago, rumandraisin said:

I think Fortus became very respected in the 09-14 era because it was nuce to have a guitarist that didn't look completely absurd. Bumble with his long braided beard and Ashba, well you know the rest. Fortus solos on Knocking were just cool bluesy solos. I like him. 

If you ain't 4tus you're against us

Bumble  had no beard in 06'. But I get your point...

21 hours ago, bassplayer1993 said:

Sorry, Fortus is my favorite member, I get triggered about it easily because of years of the "Izzy clone" crap... been hearing the same stuff over and over since before BBF joined :wow:

I really love his playing on the Dizzy solo album especially Crestfallen 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

Who was the rich australian you were mentioning?. 

Isn't that basically what David Lowy is? He's a cool guy, don't get me wrong, but that's what the band is in the end... him living out his rockstar fantasy. He's the typical "rich lawyer playing guitar in a jam band on weekends" type - except he did it in the coolest way possible... by getting lots of very respected musicians to join his band and touring around the world.

Anyway they've got Glenn Hughes in the band now, which means they'll probably release one more album and break up due to "personal differences" or something like that. He kills every band he joins.

Well I've kind of de-railed the thread, so back to the topic at hand - I'm sure 4tus and Slash can create magic together. They have really good chemistry and respect for eachother. What I do expect is him not getting any lead parts on a potential new album, or maybe one or two, which is sad.

So Duff said there is something positive happening when the tour resumes?

I can't believe that I am living in a world where I got bigger changes of dying in a deadly virus than hearing even a one new GNR tune

Edited by ThePreacher
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, ThePreacher said:

So Duff said there is something positive happening when the tour resumes?

I can't believe that I am living in a world where I got bigger changes of dying in a deadly virus than hearing even a one new GNR tune

Where did he say this?

6 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

Where did he say this?

When he did that livestream with AWOLNATION. Someone posted that Duff said positive things are happening when the tour resumes. Who knows what he really meant though. 

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

When he did that livestream with AWOLNATION. Someone posted that Duff said positive things are happening when the tour resumes. Who knows what he really meant though. 

Maybe that they will play PC as opener and end with The Seeker? 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

👍

5 hours ago, bassplayer1993 said:

Isn't that basically what David Lowy is? He's a cool guy, don't get me wrong, but that's what the band is in the end... him living out his rockstar fantasy. He's the typical "rich lawyer playing guitar in a jam band on weekends" type - except he did it in the coolest way possible... by getting lots of very respected musicians to join his band and touring around the world.

Anyway they've got Glenn Hughes in the band now, which means they'll probably release one more album and break up due to "personal differences" or something like that. He kills every band he joins.

Well I've kind of de-railed the thread, so back to the topic at hand - I'm sure 4tus and Slash can create magic together. They have really good chemistry and respect for eachother. What I do expect is him not getting any lead parts on a potential new album, or maybe one or two, which is sad.

Oh so that explains why they've had all those different singers and other musicians in the band over the years. I didn't know about that.