The "New Album" Thread - Susan McKagan says album is coming

2 hours ago, Alejandro GNR said:

Guys, Axl himself has stated he wishes to release more music under the GnR name.

I think he really does, the question is what stops him from doing it. I believe the hype Chinese Democracy created was his worst enemy. He is such a legend for hard rock, metal music. 

I think it must have been very hard for him to create a new band after Slash and Duff departed, something that would be up to his taste and the level everyone expected him to reach, and at the same time create new modern music. 

I hope he someday describes at least a bit of the hell he must have gone through, and I'm not even considering his personal issues he may have gone through.

We as fans, are angry we dont get new music, and get even angrier when we get leaks that we really enjoy, like the last songs we got that I personally love.

I guess Slash and Duff being back will make us get new music. Responsability is not just on Axls shoulders now, any success or failure will lay on the three of them.

BECAUSE OF ALL THESE THINGS I BELIEVE THEY DONT SAY THEY DONT WANT TO RELEASE NEW MUSIC, JUST BECAUSE THEY DO AND EVENTUALLY WILL. 

Fernando said last night that the label has never turned down anything to Axl. I asked "does that mean the reason there hasn't been music for 12 years is because Axl was just not interested on releasing anything" and he said he couldn't answer to that

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Axl is close to 60 Reunion is now over 4 years old The last unheard new song was played in 2006 The last studio album was in 2008 The last new song before that in 1999 Every s

Grandma's hamster has never been in safer hands.

Might as well bust this out again:

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Uncle Bob said:

Fernando said last night that the label has never turned down anything to Axl. I asked "does that mean the reason there hasn't been music for 12 years is because Axl was just not interested on releasing anything" and he said he couldn't answer to that

I don't think he would admit that happening though. Guess we'll never know

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Uncle Bob said:

Are you talking about the Discord chat? What do you even know if that was him?

I mean, we're not even sure that is him on Reddit, let alone Discord

9 minutes ago, Manfisman said:

Are you talking about the Discord chat? What do you even know if that was him?

I mean, we're not even sure that is him on Reddit, let alone Discord

It's him on Reddit, he has already been using that account for a while, not only on Gn'R communities, he has even posted personal pictures in other communities. And yes, it was him, that was Fernando, it was his voice, I talked with him.

22 minutes ago, Uncle Bob said:

It's him on Reddit, he has already been using that account for a while, not only on Gn'R communities, he has even posted personal pictures in other communities. And yes, it was him, that was Fernando, it was his voice, I talked with him.

Got it, I didn´t know he was talking on a mic.

The story about the 2010 album that was rejected by the label etc. seems to be one of the rumours that people ended up believing as facts. It has never been confirmed by anyone other than the "insiders" who spread the rumour, right?

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

The story about the 2010 album that was rejected by the label etc. seems to be one of the rumours that people ended up believing as facts. It has never been confirmed by anyone other than the "insiders" who spread the rumour, right?

No. And as far as I can speculate, seems to me that the band wanted to re-release CD with just a few extra songs (OMG, Silkworms, Going Down) and the remix album. 

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Yeah, it's mainly a well spread rumor. Just like Axl wanting to re-release CD in 2010 or 2011 with the remix album.

A believable one, admittedly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, Gunner927 said:

Yeah, it's mainly a well spread rumor. Just like Axl wanting to re-release CD in 2010 or 2011 with the remix album.

A believable one, admittedly.

The other rumour (about CD re-release  ("proper" release + remix album) seems more believable and makes more sense to me.

Axl said in 2009 he wanted to tour CD as long as possible and he wasn't even thinking about a new album at that point, so it doesn't make sense that he would want or intend to release a whole new album.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Blackstar said:

The other rumour (about CD re-release  ("proper" release + remix album) seems more believable and makes more sense to me.

Axl said in 2009 he wanted to tour CD as long as possible and he wasn't even thinking about a new album at that point, so it doesn't make sense that he would want or intend to release a whole new album.

Well, he is certainly succeeding with that goal...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
17 hours ago, ChristmasFnatic said:

Bon Jovi's upcoming album will be somewhat political or tackle some issues(immigration for example). If GN'R goes that route, I really dont care, as long as it will not be half or most of the songs in the album. Say whatever you have to say in a song or two and leave it at that, it will not help the album otherwise. 

And if Axl should make political songs, he should wait until Trump wins later this year. That would put more anger and passion in his song writing, something we all want.

Lol what? Yeah that’s what the world has been waiting for. Jon Bon Jovi’s take on politics...

• Like 1