The "New Album" Thread - Susan McKagan says album is coming

2 hours ago, Free Bird said:

No that's not what I wanted to say. I read all the stuff that he writes for SMKC when he's on the road with them and he writes different stuff for Guns. But no... I was thinking... when Slash realizes that Guns won't release anything new and he feels the need to release some stuff he has written over the last few years, but Myles isn't available at the time due to his own business, then maybe there is this other opportunity Slash reaches for. I have nothing specific in mind. Just something new. 

But if it's SMKC again I fine with that, too.

He'll definitely wait until Myles is available but Myles will probably be interested if he has something ready to go. Myles' solo album hasn't even been recorded yet, he's just made demos of his song ideas so that's probably still a little ways down the road.

2 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

If the plan was to release a new guns record this year, its going to be 3 years of touring so i doubt SMKC would have released anything in 2021. I personally would like slash to work with someone different, and no fuckin pink, fergie or rhiannon collaborations 🤮. Keep the same muscians just somone different to myles and call the band slashs snakepit.

I don't think he's interested in starting a new band now, and unless Myles directly tells him that he doesn't want to do it anymore he's not going to replace Myles. That band has already been going on for 10 years and they've put out 3 albums of original material; why would he throw that away and start something new? Not to mention that he's got the perfect A list players with him.

1 hour ago, GoForJMark said:

The whole SMKC project seems like the nuisance for a new GN'R record. That's why it feels like a drag to see another record from them before we get anything from GN'R. But SMKC isn't the actual problem, it's more of an escape for Slash to release anything new at all. The real delay is Axl & probably TB. Well I don't think TB would wanna delay a new record, a new record means more gain for them financially. 

Speaking for myself, I knew LTD was coming long before they officially announced it, so it's not like he did that record and tour because he had nothing better to do. And honestly it's been pretty clear since 2017 or 2018 that anything new from GnR would take a long time because of Axl or whatever so idk why people think that SMKC is preventing it or something. We know Slash and the others have recorded some stuff but it doesn't seem to have moved much past that stage and honestly Slash probably doesn't care that much about how soon it comes out.

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Grandma's hamster has never been in safer hands.

I like the idea of being on my death bed, saying "just refresh that page one more time for me....I'm pretty sure that insider was full of shit, but I want to be totally sure....." 

Might as well bust this out again:

Posted Images

SMKC is Slash's getaway for whenever Guns are inactive - he's said so himself. So it's not something that would prevent GNR from doing anything, studio or live. 

• Like 4
21 hours ago, Blackstar said:

They're just not my thing. The songs don't do anything for me, I don't like Myles, and I'm not a guitarist, so I can't like something just for the guitar playing.

Same. I preferred the 1st slash album, with different vocalists.. Myles is ok ish in moderation..and alter bridge 😄

• Like 1

I feel kinda bad for saying this because Myles strikes me as a really nice guy and very professional, but his voice is just so boring to me (verging on unpleasant at times). And so was every song I've ever heard from SMKC. They're... okay, but feel very generic to me and I've never had an urge to listen to any of these songs more than once or twice. Whatever it is Slash, Myles and the rest of the band are doing isn't really doing do it for me, I guess.

• Like 2

If Myles leaves Slash should get Gary Stringer as lead vocals on the next album. That guy rocks, has a fantastic voice, and can do both melodic ballads and raspy rock n roll.

Edited by ToonGuns

Myles is a fantastic guitar player and has absolutely great vocal, no question about it!!!

and I do understand if you do not like it, it is alright

just wanted to say anything positive about Myles as you all just bitch about him

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

Andrew Stockdale would have been a much better choice for Slash to have picked. He is a good songwriter too. 

By The Sword was a great song in every way. 

• Like 3
4 hours ago, alangarcianr said:

Myles is a great singer but he’s been taking care a lot of his voice in the SMKC shows, maybe saving it for recording with Alter Bridge. He’s avoiding lots of high notes and singing them in a lower register 

... which was really comfortable for my ears when I saw them last year 

4 hours ago, dragan1978 said:

Myles is a fantastic guitar player and has absolutely great vocal, no question about it!!!

and I do understand if you do not like it, it is alright

just wanted to say anything positive about Myles as you all just bitch about him

Agreed. I think some of the harsher criticism of Myles on this board comes from people who are upset that their favorite frontman sings like Mickey Mouse now. 

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, MidnightToker said:

Agreed. I think some of the harsher criticism of Myles on this board comes from people who are upset that their favorite frontman sings like Mickey Mouse now. 

He sings like Mickey Mouse on a good day, now.

Not that I could do any better.

• Like 1

I always never minded Myles vocally, he has a good range and sounds good with the material IMO

My main issue with SMKC is more the songwriting.  Songs like Anastasia are amazing and memorable, but to my ears songs like those have been an occasional instance rather than the norm.  Most of the SMKC material kind of all blends together in my mind and so many of the songs are just like "Generic Slash riff and chords #1", "Generic Slash riff and chords #2", etc.

• Like 2
57 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

Why is the "New Album" thread full of talk about Slash's solo band & Myles Kennedy's singing???? 

Because Axl is that bad... I was just trying to watch the Download performance again and his voice is just so unappealing.. It was actually a relief to hear Duff sing a song lol. The footage is top notch but Slash and Duff are the only ones worth paying attention to. Helps to drown out his voice a bit..

• Like 3
17 hours ago, GoForJMark said:

The whole SMKC project seems like the nuisance for a new GN'R record. That's why it feels like a drag to see another record from them before we get anything from GN'R. But SMKC isn't the actual problem, it's more of an escape for Slash to release anything new at all. The real delay is Axl & probably TB. Well I don't think TB would wanna delay a new record, a new record means more gain for them financially. 

At this point Slash will always go back to SMKC because he loves the guys and the control he has over everything that happens in the band. I also view it as "I'm going to go do this thing because I get to work at my rate, and not wait around". If GNR was firing on all cylinders Slash would row in, he loves to be busy and creating he would love to do that with GNR and make quadruple what he does from a SMKC tour.

• Like 1

John Frusciante just confirmed that the Chili Peppers will be recording their new album starting next week and into next month.

Even a recluse like Frusciante is getting shit done with his band, while also working on two different solo albums and even a radio show now. Axl has no excuse!

• Thanks 1
11 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

John Frusciante just confirmed that the Chili Peppers will be recording their new album starting next week and into next month.

Even a recluse like Frusciante is getting shit done with his band, while also working on two different solo albums and even a radio show now. Axl has no excuse!

As much as he’s a recluse, he’s no slouch, a very hardworking dude, unlike somebody we know lol

• Like 2