The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

7 hours ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

Nobody actually thinks that. Its just because Axl is always the villian for everything. Axl Rose saving AC/DC  and shutting the haters up will always top anything Myles "Dying Cat" Kennedy will ever do

Hey man, you missed the point!

no one is hater here!

Axl saved Ac/dc, improved his stage lateness, sings for more than 3hours which is unbelievable and we all love him here!

he is not serious about releasing albums

Myles is a ,,dying cat"? Common, man! You may not like him as a singer but to name him like that is childish! 

and do not talk in the name of everyone saying ,,nobody" - you can speak for yourself or at least majority but I highly doubt it. 

when you put all the differences aside, they are both great singers, that is the truth!

now do not get in war with me because that is not my goal here :)

11 hours ago, Dangelus said:

People hating on Myles, yet Classic Rock magazine just awarded Alter Bridge’s Blackbird the 3rd best song of the 21st Century. Axl can only dream of making that kind of impact today.

Say what? Axl just did one of the biggest tours of all time. If that's not having an impact I don't know what it is. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, History2010 said:

Why is it hard for some people to understand that some of us just don't like how Myles sounds? I've listened to all the albums, watched a large amount of live videos and then went and watched SMKC live in person and it just doesn't do anything for me. It has nothing to do with jealousy or whatever LMAO

I will always pick Mickey because at the end of the day that's still Axl Rose and there's no one like him while there's a whole lot of artists like Myles Kennedy.

Same for me, it isn’t anything to do with being upset because Axl can’t sing how he used to any more. SMKC bore me to death. I’ve bought their albums and been to see them live and it was all very meh. Myles’ voice makes GnR songs sound completely different imo so I can’t even enjoy when they play them either. 

I really really wish I could like them because they release albums and live shows - but I can’t :shrugs:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ToonGuns said:

Sleazy rock and roll band, good drumming*, bluesy singer with attitude, and Jack Douglas (Aerosmith) producing.

What's not to like?!

Wish they had done more.

One of my favourite all time gigs (possibly my favourite) was Snakepit at Sheffield Corporation, UK in 2000. Tiny crowd. Sweaty venue. Pure rock n roll. Fan-fucking-tastic. I lost my t-shirt from that gig when I moved house one time only a few years back, keep thinking it "must be somewhere" but never found it. I'm pretty sure some of the t shirts for sale at that gig showed a lady doing "questionable" things with a snake, with the Snakepit logo over the top (I bought a different one - the album cover t shirt).

I went to that Snakepit show in Sheffield too and I would still rank it in my top 5 gigs of all time. Every band I saw after that seemed tame :lol:

3 hours ago, History2010 said:

Why is it hard for some people to understand that some of us just don't like how Myles sounds? I've listened to all the albums, watched a large amount of live videos and then went and watched SMKC live in person and it just doesn't do anything for me. It has nothing to do with jealousy or whatever LMAO

I will always pick Mickey because at the end of the day that's still Axl Rose and there's no one like him while there's a whole lot of artists like Myles Kennedy.

Exactly. I wish I could like SMKC, but I don't. 

And it's got nothing to do with being jealous that Axl can't sing anymore. I'm perfectly capable of disliking both Myles' singing AND Axl's current singing.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Free Bird said:

Ain't Life Grand is damn good but doesn't come close to It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere IMO.

ALG was good musically but Rod Jackson never did it for me on most of the songs.. He sounds good on some though.

6 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Same for me, it isn’t anything to do with being upset because Axl can’t sing how he used to any more. SMKC bore me to death. I’ve bought their albums and been to see them live and it was all very meh. Myles’ voice makes GnR songs sound completely different imo so I can’t even enjoy when they play them either. 

I really really wish I could like them because they release albums and live shows - but I can’t :shrugs:

7 hours ago, History2010 said:

Is there anybody who doesn't understand that? I think it's the opposite. Most people pretend that Myles sucks as a fact and not as opinion.

How could somebody argue about personal taste? I mean, occasionally Axl sounds like dog shit to my ears but I couldn't care less if you prefer him over Myles. 

I think technically Myles is really good and maybe some of the best singers out there but I don't really like his timbre. I accept him on most of the songs and there aren't many moments of greatness to my ears. I like his melodies but mostly love the songs because of Slash.

That being said, I would never act like it's a fact that he sucks or start to discredit people who prefers Axl nowadays. 

• Like 1

On 6/23/2020 at 2:23 AM, dragan1978 said:

Totally support your post :)

also, when I found about Alter bridge, it was a slow grower too but now it is in my top 5 bands, they are amazing!

Absolutely, they are. I actually somewhat liked Creed back in the day, but much prefer Myles Kennedy to Scott Stapp. And now AB to Creed.

I really dig Mark Tremonti's style and think he and Myles work really well together. That's another other thing I appreciate about Myles is how differently he compliments Tremonti and SLASH. Those two bands are so completely different. But I like them both.

7 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

ALG was good musically but Rod Jackson never did it for me on most of the songs.. He sounds good on some though.

I used to think he sounded cheesy... but now I don't.... at all, haha. Not sure what changed. All the songs have grown on me.

I'll take some overwrought soulful belting over middling sunset strip cliches, if we have to choose :D

If you wanna get Slash to stop noodling we need someone to turn to him and start belting it out into his face like Rod, haha. Then Slash will do the crouch and start foot stomping... you know what I'm talkin about!

Edited by Ant

19 hours ago, Ant said:

If you wanna get Slash to stop noodling we need someone to turn to him and start belting it out into his face like Rod, haha. Then Slash will do the crouch and start foot stomping... you know what I'm talkin about!

Not me, I will watch him "noodle" all day hahaha. Waiting for a good "Select" of his solo.. Hopefully not the Godfather.. They should have released a video of his solo into Sweet Child.. To me they go together.

On 25.6.2020 at 11:13 PM, Ant said:

I used to think he sounded cheesy... but now I don't.... at all, haha. Not sure what changed. All the songs have grown on me.

I'll take some overwrought soulful belting over middling sunset strip cliches, if we have to choose :D

Funny, I thought that too but I get used to over the years and the music is just fantastic. I still prefer Snakepit 1. But in fact, I had issues with every new singer Slash has worked with on a longer term after leaving Axl and Guns. They all had to grow on me for awhile. 

• Like 1

Its harder for Kirk to loose his phone at home on lockdown. I wonder what the excuse will be this time?

"We lost Kirks email for a while, but we found him in time for him to do most of the guitar solos." :lol:

15 hours ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

So it sounds like Metallica is coming out with another new album soon, but GnR can't figure out how to release new music!

they're not coming out with a new album soon. they're doing a similar thing to what some of the members in Gn'R are doing according to Susan and Slash. (writing new shit and passing it around)

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

I wonder how it's going to go down when/if touring resumes and the setlist is the same and no new material is released? 

The emphasis seems to have been on 'oh it all would have been different if it wasn't for this pesky virus'.....but what happens if things DON'T change after concerts resume? 

I can't see it going down well. There's always the argument 'outside of the forum people don't care' but I'd suggest the reverse is true. 

No casual fan will want to see the same show for the 3rd kr 4th time. Especially with the fact there will be a rush of concerts combined with a general lack of disposable income. GNR will be very very far from the priority of a causal fan. 

Basically - have they created a rod for their own back now? How can they deliver anything but a new show and new material without seriously pissing people off now? 

• Like 1

On 02/07/2020 at 12:53 AM, soon said:

Its harder for Kirk to loose his phone at home on lockdown. I wonder what the excuse will be this time?

"We lost Kirks email for a while, but we found him in time for him to do most of the guitar solos." :lol:

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

https://loudwire.com/james-hetfield-metallica-new-music/

This isn't a drill. James Hetfield posted an audio announcement saying "new Metallica music" is coming tomorrow, July 15.

"Hey, this is James from Metallica. Tune in on Wednesday to hear new Metallica music from S&M2," the frontman teased in the segment. Listen below.

While his message doesn't offer much, there is a premiere for a trailer of S&M2 and a live version of the song "All Within My Hands" on Metallica's YouTube channel scheduled for Wednesday, July 15. Lars Ulrich announced in June that the S&M2 shows were going to be released as a box set later this summer, so this is likely the first single being released from the set.

Edited by axlsalinger
  • Like 2