The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

On 7/24/2020 at 1:56 AM, ThePreacher said:

Jarmo believes no new music this year cause what's happening in da world

Hes the biggest A$% kisser there is.  That's just another excuse in a long list of ones that make no sense.  Other big bands are have no issues releasing music. May not be full albums, but new music happening weekly.  Using Covid is another pathetic excuse

Edited by fabrph5

Wow since I joined the forum I feel as I have entred some bizarre, mind altering game where the prize is nothing.  Duffs' wife says yea great music on the way, Slash says we have to find a way to listen to it, Fenando, Jarmo and probably more tell us something that is actually nothing....aaaargh!  I dont think we are getting anything, just my intuition but I dont think Axl has any interest in his music from the past or the future.  What the 'big three' are up to is not about music but doing Axl a favour for whatever reason , making a bit of cash, free round the world trip, oh and did I say making a bit of money.  Whatever, its not about music.  Sad but they did say they were dangerous.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, DurhamGirl said:

Wow since I joined the forum I feel as I have entred some bizarre, mind altering game where the prize is nothing.  Duffs' wife says yea great music on the way, Slash says we have to find a way to listen to it, Fenando, Jarmo and probably more tell us something that is actually nothing....aaaargh!  I dont think we are getting anything, just my intuition but I dont think Axl has any interest in his music from the past or the future.  What the 'big three' are up to is not about music but doing Axl a favour for whatever reason , making a bit of cash, free round the world trip, oh and did I say making a bit of money.  Whatever, its not about music.  Sad but they did say they were dangerous.

I remember your first post, just a few months ago, right? Full of optimism and confusion as to why people seemed a little, ummm, bummed out? 

Look what's happened to you in such a short of space time!  Haha! 

• GNFNR 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, allwaystired said:

I remember your first post, just a few months ago, right? Full of optimism and confusion as to why people seemed a little, ummm, bummed out? 

Look what's happened to you in such a short of space time!  Haha! 

I have become a cynic which I thought I wouldnt but after reading historic posts where I came accross the same refrain over and over again, 'when do we get new music', I had to conclude that new music is highly unlikely.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, DurhamGirl said:

I have become a cynic which I thought I wouldnt but after reading historic posts where I came accross the same refrain over and over again, 'when do we get new music', I had to conclude that new music is highly unlikely.

I remember Ron once said something like "enjoy it for what it is, this might be all it every will be, so get what you can from it" heavily paraphrased!! but it's my sentiment too! listen to the released music go to a show (if you want)... expecting anything else after that is just another way for them to disappoint you! so congrats on your mygnr graduation, now go enjoy some other bands that are firing out quality new music on the regular! plenty of bands still excited by creative endeavours!!

• Like 2

On 7/23/2020 at 8:25 PM, Sydney Fan said:

- f'n 

- soon

- sooner than soon

- adding the brazillian flag after each post. I thought gnr are an american band?. Are the only gnr fans in brazil?.

- "fam" has to go :facepalm:

The fam thing is a fucking joke. Certain bands have earned the right to say that to their fan base. GNR ain’t one of those bands. It doesn’t bother me, but it’s the bands Social Media team doing it. The band would never talk that way, so it doesn’t make sense to use it.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Route66 said:

There won't be a new album any time soon

probably not, but I still believe Axl will try to release a final Gn'R album with Slash. There's no point in arguing with any fan who thinks Axl simply isn't interested in releasing new music anymore (and I can understand why some feel that way after 12 years of nothing) but I don't think it's cause he doesn't want to do it so there's still a chance it might happen imo.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, axlvai said:

Today is the end of the Maya calendar... so this time is no time. We will get it. Trust me.

😂 well... there must be an alternate timeline. My guess is, that Team Brazil travelled back in time to the year 2012 and prevented an album release back then, to make sure that the 'fam' can tour the nostalgic act over and over again.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Rovim said:

probably not, but I still believe Axl will try to release a final Gn'R album with Slash. There's no point in arguing with any fan who thinks Axl simply isn't interested in releasing new music anymore (and I can understand why some feel that way after 12 years of nothing) but I don't think it's cause he doesn't want to do it so there's still a chance it might happen imo.

Really hope you are right...

9 minutes ago, Rovim said:

if not, I'll quit the business

He has every intention of making new music... it's just his intention to follow through with the release that I question. I think it should eventually happen, but there's no guarantee.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

He has every intention of making new music... it's just his intention to follow through with the release that I question. I think it should eventually happen, but there's no guarantee.

I have no idea what's going on in the mind of Axl Rose, but I think his intention is to release a Gn'R album that will fulfill certain criteria and I'm guessing those are:

1. the music and the lyrics should evolve in some way compared to previous Gn'R records (something Richard has alluded to recently)

2. the album can't be just another hard rock album without making any kind of meaningful (to Axl at least) musical statement, it should work as a complete piece, so every tune in it should play a part in forming a cohesive product. (Axl talked about looking at it like a painting in the past, every detail must fit or something to that effect)

3. maybe he wants it to be regarded as an important continuation in the Gn'R catalog, and to promote it in a big way with a huge tour so it has the best chance in succeeding commercially as much as possible but as always, it's only speculation.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

There’s a part of me that thinks Axl suspects it’s probably going to be the last GNR album and wants it to be ‘perfect’ but then common sense kicks in and I remind myself it’s just a record, you know, a bunch of songs packaged together. It shouldn’t  be rocket science 

3 minutes ago, AxlSlashthebest said:

I'm little bit more optimist....a plan a double and maybe a triple. Axl are enought crazy to do that !!!

I  actually think a double album is a reasonable idea. Axl supposedly got all this material to work with and if they release another album, it's probably going to be their last. Tommy said Chinese was supposed to be more than just 1 album anyway and it will be cool if they'll have enough space to represent old tunes and new ones as well.

Enough room for all of Axl's more ambitious inclinations and Slash's classic hard rock compositions. I wonder how long we could wait for something like that though. I'm guessing... longer.

In fact, Axl could do one album after another, but that would require him to tour less, think twice about the songs he selects for live performance, and focus more on releasing stuff (also getting professional management wouldn't hurt). It's not as bad as some seem to think, but a thing like this would need a substantive change of approach.

He nailed it in 2016, and the same could happen again, naturally. The Covid affair is complicating things, but on the ohter hand, it provides more time and prevents touring, which - in our case - is a good thing.

We may speculate here, but these guys apparently just won't accommodate to the internet culture and release stuff online, especially without competent management that would push them in such direction. So they've probably been taking their sweet time, laying poolside, drinking margaritas, and basking in their touring income. Don't see anything particularly wrong about it, except that we could have gotten at least some proper videos in the meantime, like old pro-shots etc. Same old... 

6 minutes ago, jamillos said:

In fact, Axl could do one album after another, but that would require him to tour less, think twice about the songs he selects for live performance, and focus more on releasing stuff (also getting professional management wouldn't hurt). It's not as bad as some seem to think, but a thing like this would need a substantive change of approach.

He nailed it in 2016, and the same could happen again, naturally. The Covid affair is complicating things, but on the ohter hand, it provides more time and prevents touring, which - in our case - is a good thing.

We may speculate here, but these guys apparently just won't accommodate to the internet culture and release stuff online, especially without competent management that would push them in such direction. So they've probably been taking their sweet time, laying poolside, drinking margaritas, and basking in their touring income. Don't see anything particularly wrong about it, except that we could have gotten at least some proper videos in the meantime, like old pro-shots etc. Same old... 

I think the most important thing is that the quality is at least somewhat comparable to the rest of the albums in Gn'R's catalog. Like Faith No More's Sol Invictus or Tool's Fear Inoculum. It didn't fuck it up. Maybe less like Metallica's Hardwired. Double albums seemed to go over well for Metallica and Maiden fans. (The Book Of Souls)

at least when Slash says he's working on Guns stuff I can believe it and he usually comes up with a lot of ideas so I don't think lack of old or new ideas should be a problem.

maybe it's best to just release a potential double album all at once so Axl doesn't get a chance to not be in the mood to release the second half.

• Like 2