The "New Album" Thread - Susan McKagan says album is coming

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Axl is close to 60 Reunion is now over 4 years old The last unheard new song was played in 2006 The last studio album was in 2008 The last new song before that in 1999 Every s

Grandma's hamster has never been in safer hands.

Posted Images

Myles has somehow found a way to start work on a new album - https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/myles-kennedy-has-written-a-full-on-motown-style-song-for-second-solo-album/

He said he recorded demos and started pre-production with the producer, Elvis. So it is possible if your name isn't Axl. 

"'Year Of The Tiger', first of all, is a very dark record, and it's very stripped down, very acoustic based," he explained. "This one has elements of that. I wanted to keep a common thread with it. There are acoustic elements. There's definitely still that element of a lot of slide guitar, a lot of lap steel, 'cause I just love how emotive both those are. But it definitely rocks a little more. There's no doubt about it — this is more of a rock record, with kind of a heavy R&B undercurrent at times as well. There's even one song — if it makes the record — which is a full-on Motown thing.

"I've got so many [songs] right now," Myles added. "[The overall direction] is really gonna depend on what makes the record. I think I learned that from David Bowie interview, where he [said he] would try and write… He'd have 40 songs to choose from [for an album], so that way you can make the best statement you can."

Edited by MidnightToker

Who’s taking bets on whether there’s a 2020 release? What are the perspective odds? 

Im guessing as the end of the year approaches we will get some news from the GNR camp about the album being in the final stages of completion or possibly the dreaded “finishing touches” are being done. Hoping to be out in 2021. 

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, smokingarthur said:

Who’s taking bets on whether there’s a 2020 release? What are the perspective odds? 

Im guessing as the end of the year approaches we will get some news from the GNR camp about the album being in the final stages of completion or possibly the dreaded “finishing touches” are being done. Hoping to be out in 2021. 

The locker leaks was the end.  Thank you Rick for take care of us!

15 minutes ago, smokingarthur said:

Things no GnR fan wants to hear ever again from the GnR camp:

- soon

- a little patience

- finishing touches

What else?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, smokingarthur said:

Tbh I think it's pretty clear that they are working on stuff. Ideally we'd see something released this year but I won't hold my breath. 

But the lack of any official communication on the state of new material is just shoddy.

We should have at least got a photo of Axl and Slash jamming together. Can you imagine the reaction to that?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, El Guapo said:

Things no GnR fan wants to hear ever again from the GnR camp:

- soon

- a little patience

- finishing touches

What else?

- Fam

- Looking very seriously at what we're doing in that regard 

- Fernando 

Edit: I mean, Roberto is fine, Ale- Alejandro is fine, but no more Fernando, please. And I used to have nothing against that name...

Edited by jamillos
  • Like 4
2 hours ago, GNR_RNR said:

Tbh I think it's pretty clear that they are working on stuff. Ideally we'd see something released this year but I won't hold my breath. 

But the lack of any official communication on the state of new material is just shoddy.

We should have at least got a photo of Axl and Slash jamming together. Can you imagine the reaction to that?

In contrast, the communication just issued by the guys ready to move forward with the Reckless Road website was EVERYTHING we don’t get from GNR. Clear, concise and answered everything we could have asked.

• Like 2
12 hours ago, jamillos said:

- Fam

- Looking very seriously at what we're doing in that regard 

- Fernando 

Edit: I mean, Roberto is fine, Ale- Alejandro is fine, but no more Fernando, please. And I used to have nothing against that name...

- f'n 

- soon

- sooner than soon

- adding the brazillian flag after each post. I thought gnr are an american band?. Are the only gnr fans in brazil?.

- "fam" has to go :facepalm:

Edited by Sydney Fan
  • Like 1
20 minutes ago, ThePreacher said:

Jarmo believes no new music this year cause what's happening in da world

I did a quick reread at his forum (since i don't follow his useless blabla), all he does is excusing every critical post about no new music, with the same dumb reasons Fernando is claiming all the time. So Jarmo knows shit, and what he believes is not from any matter.

Edited by EricA
  • Like 2
31 minutes ago, ThePreacher said:

Although regarding Jarmo, it doesn't take a crystal ball to guess that the band that has only released one album since 1993 would probably not release a new album in 2020 :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
36 minutes ago, EricA said:

I did a quick reread at his forum (since i don't follow his useless blabla), all he does is excusing every critical post about no new music, with the same dumb reasons Fernando is claiming all the time. So Jarmo knows shit, and what he believes is not from any matter.

Yes, this is what I believe also. Jarmo also was very sure we would get something in the winter :D And we didn't even have this pandemic yet

On 7/24/2020 at 1:56 AM, ThePreacher said:

Hes the biggest A$% kisser there is.  That's just another excuse in a long list of ones that make no sense.  Other big bands are have no issues releasing music. May not be full albums, but new music happening weekly.  Using Covid is another pathetic excuse

Edited by fabrph5

Wow since I joined the forum I feel as I have entred some bizarre, mind altering game where the prize is nothing.  Duffs' wife says yea great music on the way, Slash says we have to find a way to listen to it, Fenando, Jarmo and probably more tell us something that is actually nothing....aaaargh!  I dont think we are getting anything, just my intuition but I dont think Axl has any interest in his music from the past or the future.  What the 'big three' are up to is not about music but doing Axl a favour for whatever reason , making a bit of cash, free round the world trip, oh and did I say making a bit of money.  Whatever, its not about music.  Sad but they did say they were dangerous.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
3 hours ago, DurhamGirl said:

Wow since I joined the forum I feel as I have entred some bizarre, mind altering game where the prize is nothing.  Duffs' wife says yea great music on the way, Slash says we have to find a way to listen to it, Fenando, Jarmo and probably more tell us something that is actually nothing....aaaargh!  I dont think we are getting anything, just my intuition but I dont think Axl has any interest in his music from the past or the future.  What the 'big three' are up to is not about music but doing Axl a favour for whatever reason , making a bit of cash, free round the world trip, oh and did I say making a bit of money.  Whatever, its not about music.  Sad but they did say they were dangerous.

I remember your first post, just a few months ago, right? Full of optimism and confusion as to why people seemed a little, ummm, bummed out? 

Look what's happened to you in such a short of space time!  Haha! 

• GNFNR 1
  • Haha 3
3 hours ago, allwaystired said:

I remember your first post, just a few months ago, right? Full of optimism and confusion as to why people seemed a little, ummm, bummed out? 

Look what's happened to you in such a short of space time!  Haha! 

I have become a cynic which I thought I wouldnt but after reading historic posts where I came accross the same refrain over and over again, 'when do we get new music', I had to conclude that new music is highly unlikely.

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, DurhamGirl said:

I have become a cynic which I thought I wouldnt but after reading historic posts where I came accross the same refrain over and over again, 'when do we get new music', I had to conclude that new music is highly unlikely.

I remember Ron once said something like "enjoy it for what it is, this might be all it every will be, so get what you can from it" heavily paraphrased!! but it's my sentiment too! listen to the released music go to a show (if you want)... expecting anything else after that is just another way for them to disappoint you! so congrats on your mygnr graduation, now go enjoy some other bands that are firing out quality new music on the regular! plenty of bands still excited by creative endeavours!!

• Like 2