The "New Album" Thread - Susan McKagan says album is coming

On 16/07/2020 at 7:06 PM, AxlRoseCDII said:

It’s very clear the band is going to need/want money during the next year or so before states can open up again and they can tour, so what better way to do so than release some new music while people are trapped in their homes? 

But, but, but......Axl

• Like 1
  • Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Grandma's hamster has never been in safer hands.

Might as well bust this out again:

Axl is close to 60 Reunion is now over 4 years old The last unheard new song was played in 2006 The last studio album was in 2008 The last new song before that in 1999 Every s

Posted Images

It’s sad the locker leaks happened a year ago already. It made me so geeked for potential studio releases of any kind and here we are a year later. And nothing. Nada. 2020 fuckin’ sucks something fierce.

• Like 1

That stuff last year has kept my interest going tbh. 12 years already since the last record. Got an amazing CD in my car with the remastered vocal tracks and the best of the instrumentals. Listen to it daily. 

if only Guns would release new music that I could actually pay for

• Like 1
On 18.7.2020 at 7:19 PM, mamundson said:

Embarrassing went out the window with this band in the 90s. Announce the release of a new album or announce retirement.

90s? Nah, there was still a benefit of doubt and a palpable effort to create.

We're currently supposed to Stay tuned... again.

I assembled a kickass 2000ish version of the album to burn on a CD for my car from the locker leaks.

1. Chinese Democracy

2. Hardschool

3. Atlas Shrugged

4. Perhaps

5. If The World

6. The Blues

7. Catcher

8. There Was A Time

9. Riad

10. IRS

11. Madagascar

12. Eye On You

13. Silkworms

14. Prostitute

I only left out State Of Grace because of the unfinished and rough vocal cut, same with Quick Song, Silkworms barely made it. 

38 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

I assembled a kickass 2000ish version of the album to burn on a CD for my car from the locker leaks.

1. Chinese Democracy

2. Hardschool

3. Atlas Shrugged

4. Perhaps

5. If The World

6. The Blues

7. Catcher

8. There Was A Time

9. Riad

10. IRS

11. Madagascar

12. Eye On You

13. Silkworms

14. Prostitute

I only left out State Of Grace because of the unfinished and rough vocal cut, same with Quick Song, Silkworms barely made it. 

I'm so sick of everything Chinese Democracy related 🤣

• Like 2
46 minutes ago, JimiRose said:

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/taylor-swift-new-album-folklore-release-date-1032962/ 

How disrespectful, the worlds biggest solo artist is releasing a surprise new album! Has she not spoken to Fernando? 

My bet would be her manager's name is Fernandon't. You know, so that the tradition of doing the very opposite could be upheld. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, ThePreacher said:

Whats wrong with these "artists"? Do they have any shame at all?

"Bon Jovi confirms new album in october"

You have to record an album first before you can release it.

Myles has somehow found a way to start work on a new album - https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/myles-kennedy-has-written-a-full-on-motown-style-song-for-second-solo-album/

He said he recorded demos and started pre-production with the producer, Elvis. So it is possible if your name isn't Axl. 

"'Year Of The Tiger', first of all, is a very dark record, and it's very stripped down, very acoustic based," he explained. "This one has elements of that. I wanted to keep a common thread with it. There are acoustic elements. There's definitely still that element of a lot of slide guitar, a lot of lap steel, 'cause I just love how emotive both those are. But it definitely rocks a little more. There's no doubt about it — this is more of a rock record, with kind of a heavy R&B undercurrent at times as well. There's even one song — if it makes the record — which is a full-on Motown thing.

"I've got so many [songs] right now," Myles added. "[The overall direction] is really gonna depend on what makes the record. I think I learned that from David Bowie interview, where he [said he] would try and write… He'd have 40 songs to choose from [for an album], so that way you can make the best statement you can."

Edited by MidnightToker

Who’s taking bets on whether there’s a 2020 release? What are the perspective odds? 

Im guessing as the end of the year approaches we will get some news from the GNR camp about the album being in the final stages of completion or possibly the dreaded “finishing touches” are being done. Hoping to be out in 2021. 

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, smokingarthur said:

Who’s taking bets on whether there’s a 2020 release? What are the perspective odds? 

Im guessing as the end of the year approaches we will get some news from the GNR camp about the album being in the final stages of completion or possibly the dreaded “finishing touches” are being done. Hoping to be out in 2021. 

The locker leaks was the end.  Thank you Rick for take care of us!

15 minutes ago, smokingarthur said:

Things no GnR fan wants to hear ever again from the GnR camp:

- soon

- a little patience

- finishing touches

What else?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, smokingarthur said:

Tbh I think it's pretty clear that they are working on stuff. Ideally we'd see something released this year but I won't hold my breath. 

But the lack of any official communication on the state of new material is just shoddy.

We should have at least got a photo of Axl and Slash jamming together. Can you imagine the reaction to that?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, El Guapo said:

Things no GnR fan wants to hear ever again from the GnR camp:

- soon

- a little patience

- finishing touches

What else?

- Fam

- Looking very seriously at what we're doing in that regard 

- Fernando 

Edit: I mean, Roberto is fine, Ale- Alejandro is fine, but no more Fernando, please. And I used to have nothing against that name...

Edited by jamillos
  • Like 4
2 hours ago, GNR_RNR said:

Tbh I think it's pretty clear that they are working on stuff. Ideally we'd see something released this year but I won't hold my breath. 

But the lack of any official communication on the state of new material is just shoddy.

We should have at least got a photo of Axl and Slash jamming together. Can you imagine the reaction to that?

In contrast, the communication just issued by the guys ready to move forward with the Reckless Road website was EVERYTHING we don’t get from GNR. Clear, concise and answered everything we could have asked.

• Like 2