Jump to content

The "New Album" Thread - Susan McKagan says album is coming


Recommended Posts

On 29/07/2020 at 9:44 PM, DTV88 said:

Say what now? Not saying I don't believe you, but is there any proof of this? I seem to recall the publishing deal but not that part of it.

He's making that part up. That was never mentioned in the deal.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Grandma's hamster has never been in safer hands.

I like the idea of being on my death bed, saying "just refresh that page one more time for me....I'm pretty sure that insider was full of shit, but I want to be totally sure....." 

Axl is close to 60 Reunion is now over 4 years old The last unheard new song was played in 2006 The last studio album was in 2008 The last new song before that in 1999 Every s

Posted Images

On 7/29/2020 at 11:19 PM, SOH said:

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/guns-n-roses-catalog-to-generate-100-million-for-sanctuary/

This says "All future material" but I definitely remember something at the time from a news source that mentioned around 50 songs. 

"Axl Rose Signs To Sanctuary Publishing
26 January 2005

Sanctuary Music Group has signed Axl Rose to a publishing deal. Until recently, Warner Chappell published the Guns N' Roses frontman's works.

The deal covers both future material and catalogue. Rose's contribution to such hits as "Sweet Child O' Mine," "Paradise City" and "November Rain" are covered under the deal, as are dozens of new tracks Rose has recently recorded for Universal Music."

This was found on Jarmo's website, but I did not look on Sanctuary to see if they had archived copy. I remember this blurb at the time, but like everything else regarding the recordings, I assumed it was hyperbolic.

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, kever20 said:

"Axl Rose Signs To Sanctuary Publishing
26 January 2005

Sanctuary Music Group has signed Axl Rose to a publishing deal. Until recently, Warner Chappell published the Guns N' Roses frontman's works.

The deal covers both future material and catalogue. Rose's contribution to such hits as "Sweet Child O' Mine," "Paradise City" and "November Rain" are covered under the deal, as are dozens of new tracks Rose has recently recorded for Universal Music."

This was found on Jarmo's website, but I did not look on Sanctuary to see if they had archived copy. I remember this blurb at the time, but like everything else regarding the recordings, I assumed it was hyperbolic.

https://web.archive.org/web/20050405074622/http://www.sanctuarygroup.com/index.php?page=1&l1=1&l2=1&l3=0&getArticleId=894

https://www.billboard.com/articles//1419426/axl-rose-signs-to-sanctuary-publishing

The 2005 Sanctuary deal was discussed recently in another thread, and I posted some links to other articles there:

There isn't anything about "50 songs" in any of the articles.

Edited by Blackstar
Link to post
Share on other sites

When asked I think you said that something was ready to drop before COVID arrived - was this going to be a tour single/EP or something else?

The answer Fernando gave was......

"We have talked about doing a live album from NITL tours. As for the rest. We haven’t really talked about others".

Isn't that all we need to know? There have been no conversations about new material. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

When asked I think you said that something was ready to drop before COVID arrived - was this going to be a tour single/EP or something else?

The answer Fernando gave was......

"We have talked about doing a live album from NITL tours. As for the rest. We haven’t really talked about others".

Isn't that all we need to know? There have been no conversations about new material. 

Very true, I also picked up  

TBH I don't think Fernando is included in talks of 'new' material.Or anyone other than Axl. We know he has enough material to release a new album already.

Axl is the only blocker to new material.

One day he will deem a new record complete and at that point will other people know that GNR are about to release an album.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

When asked I think you said that something was ready to drop before COVID arrived - was this going to be a tour single/EP or something else?

The answer Fernando gave was......

"We have talked about doing a live album from NITL tours. As for the rest. We haven’t really talked about others".

Isn't that all we need to know? There have been no conversations about new material. 

The answer wasn't to that question (he skipped that question, actually), it was to the next one. The poster asked four questions, Fernando skipped question 1 and answered questions 2, 3 and 4:

  1. I think you said that something was ready to drop before COVID arrived - was this going to be a tour single/EP or something else?

  2. Will there be standalone live releases in the future of gigs from throughout the bands career - Ritz 88, UYI gig, CD gig, NITL gig? I think it’s important to document how good the band is during these eras. If so, please make these available on many mediums (CD, Vinyl, Blu Ray).

  3. If there is talk of a UYI boxset, will there also be a consideration of CD boxset (really hope so)?

  4. Are there plans to reissue Spaghetti, Live Era and CD on vinyl?

Fernando's answer:

2. We have talked about doing a live album from NITL tours. As for the rest. We haven’t really talked about others. 3. There’s no talk on either, as of yet. 4. Possibly.

Question from another poster: Does band members have played together since their last show or talk about the futur of Gnr?

Fernando: Yep and yep.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, EricA said:

So, Susan, Slash and whoever mentioned they work on new music, was lying than, or what, c'mon forget that idiot and what he's spreading at useless platforms like discord and reddit.

I think it's probably the most honest assessment of new music, over vague 'we're working on things...next question please' comments from others. 

They may well be 'working on things' but here we have a manager who is usually first to be positive about things saying nothing has been discussed. I'd say it's pretty concrete that no new release is anywhere near imminent. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

The answer wasn't to that question (he skipped that question, actually), it was to the next one. The poster asked four questions, Fernando skipped question 1 answered questions 2, 3 and 4:

  1. I think you said that something was ready to drop before COVID arrived - was this going to be a tour single/EP or something else?

  2. Will there be standalone live releases in the future of gigs from throughout the bands career - Ritz 88, UYI gig, CD gig, NITL gig? I think it’s important to document how good the band is during these eras. If so, please make these available on many mediums (CD, Vinyl, Blu Ray).

  3. If there is talk of a UYI boxset, will there also be a consideration of CD boxset (really hope so)?

  4. Are there plans to reissue Spaghetti, Live Era and CD on vinyl?

Fernando's answer:

2. We have talked about doing a live album from NITL tours. As for the rest. We haven’t really talked about others. 3. There’s no talk on either, as of yet. 4. Possibly.

That's really odd. On my screen he has numbered his answer  as to question 1. Just taken a screenshot but not sure how to upload....

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

That's really odd. On my screen he has numbered his answer  as to question 1. Just taken a screenshot but not sure how to upload....

Really odd. You can upload here, for example: https://imgbox.com/

and then paste the link. 

This how it looks on my screen:

fernan10.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

One day he will deem a new record complete and at that point will other people know that GNR are about to release an album.

Trouble is, will anyone give a shit by that point. He’s making the exact same mistake he made with Chinese. The anticipation builds to the N’th degree and then the finished product can never live up to people’s expectations.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Thanks!  

Yep definitely odd! Here's how it is on my screen. Totally different! 

https://ibb.co/28pr13w

This is really weird - and funny. Maybe it has something to do with the code of the Reddit phone app (I'm on a laptop) and it automatically creates a number list.

Anyway, in either case his answer doesn't mean much.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Blackstar said:

This is really weird - and funny. Maybe it has something to do with the code of the Reddit phone app (I'm on a laptop) and it automatically creates a number list.

Anyway, in either case his answer doesn't mean much.

It is! There's even confusion about Reddit posts! 

Yeah, you're right. Who knows?? 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, gavgnr said:

Trouble is, will anyone give a shit by that point. He’s making the exact same mistake he made with Chinese. The anticipation builds to the N’th degree and then the finished product can never live up to people’s expectations.

Yep

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

This is really weird - and funny. Maybe it has something to do with the code of the Reddit phone app (I'm on a laptop) and it automatically creates a number list.

Anyway, in either case his answer doesn't mean much.

 

29 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Thanks!  

Yep definitely odd! Here's how it is on my screen. Totally different! 

https://ibb.co/28pr13w

It shows up as 123 on my phone also.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Why does he lie? I mean, it's obvious why he's avoided answering that first question (because there never was anything planned and he was full of shit). But why lie about it in the first place? Nobody believed it anyway.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

When asked I think you said that something was ready to drop before COVID arrived - was this going to be a tour single/EP or something else?

The answer Fernando gave was......

"We have talked about doing a live album from NITL tours. As for the rest. We haven’t really talked about others".

Isn't that all we need to know? There have been no conversations about new material. 

 

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

Thanks!  

Yep definitely odd! Here's how it is on my screen. Totally different! 

https://ibb.co/28pr13w

 

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

This is really weird - and funny. Maybe it has something to do with the code of the Reddit phone app (I'm on a laptop) and it automatically creates a number list.

Anyway, in either case his answer doesn't mean much.

Those were my questions 😂. On my screen it was listed 1-3 so wondered if 1 and 2 were cobbled together. Also, I added in question 4 later so wondered if that caused an issue?

Regardless, he was good enough to answer my questions so that’s cool. We might get a Live Era/CD vinyl rerelease which is good in my eyes! 😂

Edited by DTJ80
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I doubt we’ll ever get a Lies reissue cause of OIAM, but i can see TSI, Live Era, and CD (mistakes eliminated) eventually getting vinyl reissues themselves.

If the band were smart, they’d do a separate release of the LLAS vinyl and the B-Sides & EPs vinyl from the LNL box, just so that we can have most of the Lies songs (and more) commercially available on vinyl too.

A proper release of the mystic tape would also be nice.

i actually just asked him about all that on the reddit thread. Doubt he’ll reply, tho.

Edited by rocknroll41
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Yeah I doubt we’ll ever get a Lies reissue cause of OIAM, but i can see TSI, Live Era, and CD (mistakes eliminated) eventually getting vinyl reissues themselves.

If the band were smart, they’d do a separate release of the LLAS vinyl and the B-Sides & EPs vinyl from the LNL box, just so that we can have most of the Lies songs (and more) commercially available on vinyl too.

A proper release of the mystic tape would also be nice.

i actually just asked him about all that on the reddit thread. Doubt he’ll reply, tho.

Ha ha - I saw those questions (good ones BTW). To be fair, he responded to me so it possible he will respond to you too. 👍

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DTJ80 said:

Ha ha - I saw those questions (good ones BTW). To be fair, he responded to me so it possible he will respond to you too. 👍

Thanks! Yeah I’d be interested to see if he answers my questions about the GH reissue (who’s idea was it, why, how involved was the band, and why add SOYL).

I also asked about the AFD era demos that didn’t make the box set (Pasha and Hell House). Hopefully we get those someday too!

Edited by rocknroll41
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...