The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

2 hours ago, El Guapo said:

I always thought is was intentional. A little "wtf" moment if you catch it. 

I would think it's intentional if Catcher in the Rye didn't also have a big fuck up on the edit in Bumblefoot's last note in the outro solo.

2 hours ago, ToonGuns said:

Who knows. But it always sounded like an error to me. The kind of thing that isn't obvious (which is why many people dont notice it, so you can understand why QC didn't spot it) but still wrong. I can't imagine for the life of me why they would do that on purpose. It literally fucks up the whole word, you can't understand what he is saying (try reading the lyrics while listening). It's clear they've done some extensive vocal processing on the song, and I just think they cocked this bit up and nobody noticed until it was too late.

It's a left over from the edit, and error indeed. And it's worse than the same leftover hiccup on Human Being.

1 hour ago, Voodoochild said:

I would think it's intentional if Catcher in the Rye didn't also have a big fuck up on the edit in Bumblefoot's last note in the outro solo.

It's a left over from the edit, and error indeed. And it's worse than the same leftover hiccup on Human Being.

Ive always thought there was a vocal error in Madagascar just before the speech/solo. Axl "we held together- ah' it seems he goes to sing as it would be in the live version, but gets cut off- live version  'we held together aaaah oooohhh'. You hear a slight 'ah' in the studio version then it goes. 

Or maybe I'm just hearing the live version in my head when i listen haha. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, ToonGuns said:

Who knows. But it always sounded like an error to me. The kind of thing that isn't obvious (which is why many people dont notice it, so you can understand why QC didn't spot it) but still wrong. I can't imagine for the life of me why they would do that on purpose. It literally fucks up the whole word, you can't understand what he is saying (try reading the lyrics while listening). It's clear they've done some extensive vocal processing on the song, and I just think they cocked this bit up and nobody noticed until it was too late.

Charlie we’re almost done! just do one more QC pass on Scraped.

... I... I can’t do it... don’t make me... I don’t... it’s been eight years... my family...

Edited by Ant
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, gavgnr said:

Ok so I’ve had a few beers tonight and it’s highly likely I’m reading way more into this than is actually there but I asked Fernando something in the Reddit sub and he responded straight away, though didn’t reply directly to me...

25263887-FDDC-42-D3-8588-9098-DBB1524-A.

Could the new record be titled ‘Video’? 

Your question was clarified 👍

I think the answer was in response to this question posted 10hrs ago:-

Rlexii

10h    

Thank you for your reply Fernando. Is this likely to be an audio only release or video too?

👍

6 hours ago, Nightrain7 said:

Ive always thought there was a vocal error in Madagascar just before the speech/solo. Axl "we held together- ah' it seems he goes to sing as it would be in the live version, but gets cut off- live version  'we held together aaaah oooohhh'. You hear a slight 'ah' in the studio version then it goes. 

The vocals recorded in that song clearly were never meant to be on the final version. This is most notable on the very first few words of that song (I won’t be told anymore). They’re pretty obviously an error, or just wrongly-performed. The rhythm is completely different to how it’s actually supposed to be sung. I’m still convinced it’s the first time he ever sang it, for demo purposes, and he just never decided to do a final take.

Edited by Tyler Drama

8 hours ago, UseYourDemocracyIII said:

Nothing makes my Tuesday like checking in on the mygnr forum after a few weeks to see the musical progression from 'absolutely nothing' to 'fuck all' :D 

In that case, there's plenty more exciting and fulfilling Tuesdays ahead for you! 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Tyler Drama said:

The vocals recorded in that song clearly were never meant to be on the final version. This is most notable on the very first few words of that song (I won’t be told anymore). They’re pretty obviously an error, or just wrongly-performed. The rhythm is completely different to how it’s actually supposed to be sung. I’m still convinced it’s the first time he ever sang it, for demo purposes, and he just never decided to do a final take.

Perhaps, but they are far from scratch vocals like we hear in State Of Grace and Quick Song.

It's possible those issues noted were not caught, I've read on here Scraped has an editing error.

I believe CD was rushed when it came out in 2008 (as weird as that sounds) as the booklet was a draft, etc. I also feel it was mastered well, but the bass seems too low but that may have been from the mixing stage. Or my equipment is trash.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Nightrain7 said:

I think you're actually hearing the first note of the guitar riff? I can't hear this "ah" you mentioned. 

1 hour ago, Sweersa said:

I believe CD was rushed when it came out in 2008 (as weird as that sounds) as the booklet was a draft, etc. I also feel it was mastered well, but the bass seems too low but that may have been from the mixing stage. Or my equipment is trash.

I agree 100% that the album was rushed in its final format. It could be just a "fuck this" mentality because Axl didn't really wanted to release it? 

Seems to me that the 2002/03 version would sound way more finished than what it came to be. The Village demos are somewhat proof: those songs lacks proper mixing and mastering, but they are well thought and realized products already. 

The 2008 CD was a mess in its sonic signature, especially the lack of Tommy's bass, like you said. We know they didn't let the songs breath, but rather just add another several layers in.

This fucked up the arrangement big time. Bumblefoot's guitar were also rushed IMO, and there's no real reason to have a lot of his added rhythm guitars in songs like Street of Dreams. In Riad, it's not that his work is bad, but I can't stand how they went to put his rhythm guitar on the right channel almost alone and at least three other guitar layers all squeezed together in the left channel. To me, it sounds like this wasn't really well thought, it doesn't match the original idea - to have this huge emphasis on the drums and guitar riff - of the song and underpowered it. 

• Like 1

Not sure if this has been discussed here yet, but when someone asked “what songs would you like the band to play live that they haven’t yet?” he answered “some of the new ones” lol!

that alone tells me that it’s not TB holding up a new album. It’s Axl, and only Axl.

5 hours ago, Tyler Drama said:

I see no problem with the first line, it's just a different rythmic approach which to my ears suits the song very well.

How can we know "how it's actually supposed to be sung"? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BreakDown2014 said:

I see no problem with the first line, it's just a different rythmic approach which to my ears suits the song very well.

How can we know "how it's actually supposed to be sung"? 

agreed, the difference between the live versions of the song and the studio version doesn't necessarily mean the studio version was sung "wrong". In Scraped for example, it's definitely a mistake where in Madagascar it sounds like it could've been an artistic choice.

Edited by Rovim

20 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Not sure if this has been discussed here yet, but when someone asked “what songs would you like the band to play live that they haven’t yet?” he answered “some of the new ones” lol!

that alone tells me that it’s not TB holding up a new album. It’s Axl, and only Axl.

Where was that?

1 hour ago, Rovim said:

agreed, the difference between the live versions of the song and the studio version doesn't necessarily mean the studio version was sung "wrong". In Scraped for example, it's definitely a mistake where in Madagascar it sounds like it could've been an artistic choice.

Fine

Edited by Tyler Drama