The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

14 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

It seems by the time 2008 rolled around he didn't really care about anything ChiDem related

Yeah even the release of ChiDem itself was a total fluke thanks to the likes of Dr Pepper, Irving Azoff, and Best Buy. Had it not been for those parties, cd1 still would not be out yet (let alone cd2).

11 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Yeah even the release of ChiDem itself was a total fluke thanks to the likes of Dr Pepper, Irving Azoff, and Best Buy. Had it not been for those parties, cd1 still would not be out yet (let alone cd2).

The locker leaks would have been even cooler in a 2019 where CD hadn't been released yet.

47 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

It seems by the time 2008 rolled around he didn't really care about anything ChiDem related

There comes a point where what was your vision has been taken over by so many others it's no longer something you are passionate about.  Take away the passion from the creator and it's something they are just a part of if you know what I mean.

I always wonder how much control the label has over GNR?  We blame Axl and management when things don't happen but I don't think they are as free and in control of what they do that we attribute to them.

Now they could easily get out of any label stuff for sure if they wanted to. Plus, any label would love to put out a new GnR album feat. Slash, regardless how good/ commercial the music is. 

The label is not the reason nothing ever happens.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

Not sure if this has been discussed here yet, but when someone asked “what songs would you like the band to play live that they haven’t yet?” he answered “some of the new ones” lol!

that alone tells me that it’s not TB holding up a new album. It’s Axl, and only Axl.

Imo there was never any doubt that only Axl blocks a future release.

Sure TB don't help by not pushing him to release anything but if he wanted to he would.

We know there are countless songs already recorded (plus instrumentals and anything they've done since 2016).

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Tyler Drama said:

The vocals recorded in that song clearly were never meant to be on the final version. This is most notable on the very first few words of that song (I won’t be told anymore). They’re pretty obviously an error, or just wrongly-performed. The rhythm is completely different to how it’s actually supposed to be sung. I’m still convinced it’s the first time he ever sang it, for demo purposes, and he just never decided to do a final take.

I know Axl is lazy, but this band can't be that two bit surely! Some of the songs he's clearly been so painstakingly detailed on every note vocally and musically, I think the scraped hiccup in the second verse is 100% intentional and Madagascar is probably just how he felt like singing it. 

On 03/08/2020 at 10:20 PM, ToonGuns said:

Who knows. But it always sounded like an error to me. The kind of thing that isn't obvious (which is why many people dont notice it, so you can understand why QC didn't spot it) but still wrong. I can't imagine for the life of me why they would do that on purpose. It literally fucks up the whole word, you can't understand what he is saying (try reading the lyrics while listening). It's clear they've done some extensive vocal processing on the song, and I just think they cocked this bit up and nobody noticed until it was too late.

It's so obvious to me though, I don't know who can hear that song and not hear it straight away. With the 10 years of mixing that went into it, it just seems like a studio technique. Maybe we should ask fernando, not that he'll have a fucking clue

23 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Didn’t he follow up on that comment and say that they were bringing in new video editing people and that the series might come back? Coulda sworn I read that on the reddit thread.

I’ve been on that thread and can’t say I’ve seen anything like that. It’s done it seems.

6 minutes ago, FabioRoses said:

NITL.png

He did it.

I think his comment about 'brought on other people' is referring to Nightrain.

There's some issue with numbering depending on whether you view on phone or computer that we noticed earlier. 

I find Reddit immensely confusing. Was just trying to look at and discovered the comments from one user on the Fernando updates....who seems to be an uber-pervert that spends half his time ranting at Fernando, and the rest messaging random women about their tits or wanting to see nude pictures of them! 

Gave me a chuckle for a bit, but I'll never get that time back. 

If he reads this though: give it up pal! You'll go blind. 

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, cineater said:

There comes a point where what was your vision has been taken over by so many others it's no longer something you are passionate about.  Take away the passion from the creator and it's something they are just a part of if you know what I mean.

I always wonder how much control the label has over GNR?  We blame Axl and management when things don't happen but I don't think they are as free and in control of what they do that we attribute to them.

Idk, I feel like Axl is a special case where GnR is such a massive brand with a long record-breaking history he can basically do whatever he wants, which was kinda what he was doing since the 90s haha

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DTJ80 said:

I’ve been on that thread and can’t say I’ve seen anything like that. It’s done it seems.

You’re right. He was responding to a question related to the Nightrain forum and when he said “we are bringing people in” I assume he meant video editors for NITL Selects, cause that was one of the other questions asked by the same person. My bad. 

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

I haven't seen that if so......

See above

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

Idk, I feel like Axl is a special case where GnR is such a massive brand with a long record-breaking history he can basically do whatever he wants, which was kinda what he was doing since the 90s haha

Massive brand that is built on product from 30 years ago for the label.  That wasn't a long history and GNR barely makes a passing appearance in new charts since then.  That's just part of a constant yet decreasing revenue stream.  Hit on it at random intervals and pump a little more out of it on it's way out.  GNR can do what they want maybe because the label is happy just the way it is and wants to continue to capitalize on what they have to sell.  GNR touring helps that goal.  GNR putting out new music probably not a money maker for the label.

What's the label to do?  IMO, totally uninformed, I'd string them along until I was forced to make a decision about giving them what they want in the way of a new album.  Do I want to risk losing them as a touring act that supports the old revenue stream by telling them no deal?  I'd keep their heads turned towards touring, makes both of us money.  I wouldn't be encouraging new music.  Doesn't really make either of us money, probably comes closer to the loss side.  Go ahead and play some new songs in your set if it makes you happy.  Might be a little something I can tack onto the next regurgitation of the classic material to give folks reason to buy what they already have.

There's still the full reunion tour possibility the label would want to protect.  That would pump up the revenue stream.  I'd be pushing them that way.  Of course they can't tour now and the clock is ticking.  All future thoughts, but for now, dead stop with GNR on any new music.  They've got nothing to force me to do anything I can't talk my way out of.  Just string them along.

But I'm not the label, just a fan of the music.  Nothing going on, I'm not really paying attention.  I'm sure word will get to me.  I won't get lost.  Still part of the flock.  Still hopeful we'll hear, somehow, someway, what is they would like for us to hear.  After all, it's 2020, who saw any of this coming?  Stranger things have happened.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, EricA said:

20200804_172007.thumb.jpg.7ea78cdab39a901283a95bee57d587b3.jpg

9 hours ago, t-p-d-a said:

I don't want to start the topic "NITL Selects" again, it's closed but it is over? No more videos?

I think the reason he keeps avoiding answering that question is because the reason that they've stopped doing the videos is because Axl doesn't sound good and he doesn't want that out there. That's my guess anyway.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

I think the reason he keeps avoiding answering that question is because the reason that they've stopped doing the videos is because Axl doesn't sound good and he doesn't want that out there. That's my guess anyway.

Off Topic: In 2016 he was absoluty amazing for his age. Some songs were absoluty great. Sweet Child & YCBM were always meh.. Even in 2017 Paradise City had alot of rasp. This excuse is bull$h!t. My opinion

Maybe they want save 2016 for a NITL live album? If that's the reason why they don't upload NITL Selects from 2016, I'm aboluty fine with this. Just imagine Welcome To The Jungle from 2016 proper mixed. Holy S. I still get goosebumbs from Nightrain live at Coachella.

so back to topic:
So Fernando said New Music is a thing? "Some of the new ones"? I hope it will happen next year... or he thinks that "Think About You" and "Breakdown" are "the new ones" ?

Edited by t-p-d-a
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, cineater said:

Massive brand that is built on product from 30 years ago for the label.  That wasn't a long history and GNR barely makes a passing appearance in new charts since then.  That's just part of a constant yet decreasing revenue stream.  Hit on it at random intervals and pump a little more out of it on it's way out.  GNR can do what they want maybe because the label is happy just the way it is and wants to continue to capitalize on what they have to sell.  GNR touring helps that goal.  GNR putting out new music probably not a money maker for the label.

What's the label to do?  IMO, totally uninformed, I'd string them along until I was forced to make a decision about giving them what they want in the way of a new album.  Do I want to risk losing them as a touring act that supports the old revenue stream by telling them no deal?  I'd keep their heads turned towards touring, makes both of us money.  I wouldn't be encouraging new music.  Doesn't really make either of us money, probably comes closer to the loss side.  Go ahead and play some new songs in your set if it makes you happy.  Might be a little something I can tack onto the next regurgitation of the classic material to give folks reason to buy what they already have.

There's still the full reunion tour possibility the label would want to protect.  That would pump up the revenue stream.  I'd be pushing them that way.  Of course they can't tour now and the clock is ticking.  All future thoughts, but for now, dead stop with GNR on any new music.  They've got nothing to force me to do anything I can't talk my way out of.  Just string them along.

But I'm not the label, just a fan of the music.  Nothing going on, I'm not really paying attention.  I'm sure word will get to me.  I won't get lost.  Still part of the flock.  Still hopeful we'll hear, somehow, someway, what is they would like for us to hear.  After all, it's 2020, who saw any of this coming?  Stranger things have happened.

This is an important fact that people on here tend to forget. 

The money GNR produce from touring and their back catalogue is infinitely bigger than what new music would generate. 

4 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

Nah I don't think that's the case. Reception of both selects was broadly positive.

I can imagine Axl closing them down in the same way he wanted appetite for democracy shelved though.

6 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

I'd go with that to be honest. Everyone I've shown them to has just mocked them, sadly, and they went down like a lead balloon here.....but a lot of that was to do with the shows they chose I think. There were far better eamples than those that could have been used. 

• Like 1