The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

7 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

It'd honestly be the most "Axl Rose" thing he could do.

> Spends 2 decades trying to legitimize the new GNR lineups
> Finally reunites with Slash and Duff, tours the world playing the hits and a bunch of CD songs
> Fans desperate for new material featuring Slash and Duff
> "Y'know, this is a good time for me to do a solo record"

:axl:

True! At this point I just hope we get new Axl music of some kind (GnR, Solo, Axl/DC, etc.).

9 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

@Blackstar he did say at the China Exchange interview in 2016 that he wished the band would’ve just stuck to forming their own Indy label back in the day, rather than signing to a major label. So you might be right.

Wishful thinking on my part, but it’d be cool if he was planning to buy back the masters to the ChiDem leftovers from UMG so that he could use those for his own solo album instead, while GnR itself just focuses primarily on new music.

In all honesty tho, he’s probably just starting his own clothing label or something, and the music/ other audio/ video parts of the trademark are just him covering all his bases.

Imagine Ashba as his clothing brand consultant.

• Haha 2

57 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

I don't think he's doing a solo record. He can barely get music out under GnR, why would he do it solo?

Yeah apparently Fernando confirmed on reddit that the new trademarks are “just standard paperwork” or some shit. Nothing more than that.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, jamillos said:

The change has already been happening, because it's inevitable, and whatever is happening now is not sustainable. The thing is, it doesn't happen over night; nothing of such nature does... 

Nonsense, the cream always rises to the top. Stop with the delusional dreams of utopia. 

1 minute ago, smokingarthur said:

Nonsense, the cream always rises to the top. Stop with the delusional dreams of utopia. 

It's called evolution. You either learn from your mistakes, or you get extinct. Yeah, currently it looks like the latter, but this is a long run. 

I just realized something...

When I asked fernando the other day on reddit if this GH vinyl was planned before the pandemic, he confirmed that it was.

That alone makes me doubt even more that a new album was ever planned for this year. Why would they release a new album and GH on vinyl so close together, afterall?

Then again, AFD was reissued just a month or two before ChiDem finally came out. So what do I know? 

10 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

When I asked fernando the other day on reddit if this GH vinyl was planned before the pandemic, he confirmed that it was.

That alone makes me doubt even more that a new album was ever planned for this year. Why would they release a new album and GH on vinyl so close together, afterall?

Then again, AFD was reissued just a month or two before ChiDem finally came out. So what do I know? 

The only reason I can think they would be released close together is any new material would definitely see the GH get a boost sales wise so they would want GH out there in as many mediums as possible to maximise revenue streams. 

12 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

I have seen literally nothing that suggests to me a new album was ever planned for this year. 

OK, surprises happen etc, but in the absence of any evidence whatsoever that a release was scheduled, I've got to go with the pragmatism here! 

• Like 1

I had a colonoscopy the other day, and while the doctor was in me, he interjected: "Actually, this reminds me of Team Brazil, the GNR management, do you know them? Well, and my nurse told me that her grandmother from the father’s side overheard her neighbour talking with the postman, who said that his distant cousin from Sao Paulo likes this dog, you know, whose owner had this dream the other day that he heard his daughter calling him and telling him she’d overheard someone playing the SCOM riff in some studio as she was walking by. And then she received a mysterious message that the new album would be released in August, and one of the songs (with Izzy and Steven guesting), called The Admiral, will be featured in the upcoming game Half-Life 3."
So it’s happening, folks! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3