The "New Album" Thread - Susan McKagan says album is coming

2 hours ago, Janabis said:

There are a lot of classics that Axl consistently sounded terrible on during the NITL tour (SCOM, RQ, Estranged, etc.) A live release from this era would be embarrassing. 

2016/17 these were absolutely fine (for the most part anyway) but admittedly dodgy on a regular basis from 2018 onwards.

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Grandma's hamster has never been in safer hands.

Axl is close to 60 Reunion is now over 4 years old The last unheard new song was played in 2006 The last studio album was in 2008 The last new song before that in 1999 Every s

Might as well bust this out again:

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Janabis said:

There are a lot of classics that Axl consistently sounded terrible on during the NITL tour (SCOM, RQ, Estranged, etc.) A live release from this era would be embarrassing. 

If they did a compilation of songs, they'd be able to find good versions of pretty much every song except SCOM and November Rain. RQ was hit-or-miss but there were some really good performances of it.

A live album from NITL could be really cool depending on which shows they use. If they use some 2016 shows it could be a really good product. I personally want the dodger stadium show w/ Alder but I know the general consensus would say Houston.

10 hours ago, SAU3R said:

This was probably shot for a TV report or something like that.. 

I think news outlets usually have permission to film the first one or two songs of a show and they film it only with 3 or 4 different camera angles and just take the sound from the soundboard, so it's better than an audience recording but far worse than a concert film by a professional filming company 

So yes these are pro-shots but nothing that can be released on DVD etc. 

This.

Also, it's worth noting that AC/DC had already recorded the Wrigley Field gig from 2015 (with Brian) as the intended Blu-ray release from the tour. With the band's future in doubt, there probably wasn't much incentive to film any further shows as the Blu-ray was already done so to speak (despite how cool it would be to have a full show with Axl just to capture that moment).

1 hour ago, Ratam said:

Yes. It's yes :D👍

No. It's not. Plenty of managers refer to themselves as "we". Plenty of acts view the managers as part of the band. And you can't get closer to a band (meaning Axl) than Fernando.

9 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

He only sounds that good becouse he is stationary 

No, I saw the last show of the Axl/DC tour in Philly.  He was out of the chair by then and he sounded even better than these videos.

9 hours ago, yourcrazy said:

Maybe we should start a thread that lists all the people and dates that we’re talking about “new music  soon”.  The list has to be almost endless.  Not sure how to look up

Somebody collected all of the Richard Fortus quotes here (it is not letting me quote as it is locked),

http://www.mygnrforum.com/topic/218408-new-richard-fortus-interview-discusses-status-of-new-music/#comment-4414158

• Like 1
5 hours ago, axlvai said:

Tokyo 92 have amazing vocals what are u talkin about.

I’m not saying vocals are bad there. He sounded good but it was not his best. Compare it to Chicago, Paris or Oklahoma.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

No. It's not. Plenty of managers refer to themselves as "we". Plenty of acts view the managers as part of the band. And you can't get closer to a band (meaning Axl) than Fernando.

"Managers".... and Fernando....

:P

6 hours ago, axlvai said:

Tokyo 92 have amazing vocals what are u talkin about.

Tokyo '92 isn't bad, but between 1991-93 there were times when he sounded so incredibly fucking good, that it makes Tokyo seems like an 'average' or maybe even 'weak' show. So in the context of that whole tour, it's not the best show. But it's still good.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Creed said:

Axl is fooling us so much with GnR. It was a totally different Axl with ACDC.

He needs to perform like he did with AC/DC.  We saw them in Cleveland.  The biggest difference was he basically stayed back and let the band be the center of attention.  He hardly moved, which made his voice better.  He sounded better with a broken foot just sitting in the chair, lest winded etc

3 hours ago, sl4yer said:

I’m not saying vocals are bad there. He sounded good but it was not his best. Compare it to Chicago, Paris or Oklahoma.

Ycbm, RQ, Estranged... NR. Just listen the songs. If that not was one of his best.... what was? Cmon! Maybe u just saw thousand of times.

2 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Tokyo '92 isn't bad, but between 1991-93 there were times when he sounded so incredibly fucking good, that it makes Tokyo seems like an 'average' or maybe even 'weak' show. So in the context of that whole tour, it's not the best show. But it's still good.

All 1992 shows were up to A. A+. A++. So "average" maybe was A+. 

8 hours ago, surforia said:

No, I saw the last show of the Axl/DC tour in Philly.  He was out of the chair by then and he sounded even better than these videos.

He still didn't run around during the AC/DC shows (because he didn't "want it to make it about him" or whatever the reason was, which IMO was pretty considerate and cool). So that made him probably sound even better, because being still and standing gives you more control of your voice, than being still and sitting down. 

Edited by jekylhyde
2 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

Yes I'm very excited about this.

1 hour ago, Italian girl said:

I am not :shrugs:

I’d be surprised if he WASNT in the studio working on both bands material TBH. Just because SMKC is referenced doesn’t mean that’s all he will be doing!

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, Towelie said:

I remember when fans were getting pissed when Slash announced Living The Dream and I said on here that in all likelihood we would hear the follow-up album before we get anything from Guns. I was right.

Slash likes to keep busy. And if Axl ain’t gonna use Slash for new GN’R music, Slash isn’t gonna sit around waiting. 

• GNFNR 3