The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

5 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

The fact that an image of Axl and Slash jamming hasn't been put out is simply a huge failure of management.

just a guess, but maybe Axl is not interested in doing that cause he's not too concerned with placating the fans. It would be very easy for that to happen. I don't think it has anything to do with management. Could have been cool though and maybe it will happen in the future but probably not.

Do you guys really expect these musicians, approaching 60, to have congregated in one studio during spring/summer? Especially Axl, who obviously can't sing with a mask on? I know you can do this stuff remotely, but I'd say they'd definitely want to jam etc., like Axl and Slash did in Axl's studio the other day. Like the old times, you know, for the chemistry to flow. All I'm saying is, we might see this as an unbearably long pause, but the guys may be just taking their time, relaxing more or less, and waiting it out...

To be honest, I wouldn't expect a new album this year. Maybe a DVD, and they definitely could release a single, but a whole record? Highly doubt that. 

Edited by jamillos
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

We know he writes for both - so it’s not unsurprising he is using lockdown time for both. If he says he has been writing for GNR-related stuff and jamming with Axl recently that doesn’t tie in with the ‘new material isn’t happening’ narrative.

Im as frustrated as everyone at the amount of time new material is taking but don’t see a Slash using his time for his solo stuff as a death knell for GNR stuff. As said elsewhere a photo of them jamming or in the studio would have been great - I don’t really agree with the radio silence approach they seem to want to adopt it has to be said.

What about the last SMKC album though? The exact some conversations were occuring - Slash was working on new GNR stuff apparently, people were saying exactly what you're saying.....now we're more years down the line and history is repeating itself. 

There's a gap in the band doing anything.  Vague comments are made on interviews. People think GNR are doing stuff....then it turns out Slash has been using the time for SMKC material. 

I want to be positive too, I'd love to be wrong, but the writing is on the wall it seems. Anything else is just wishful thinking. Nothing wrong with that of course....but the cycle of hope does just continue. 

Edited by allwaystired
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, jamillos said:

I know you can do this stuff remotely, but I'd say they'd definitely want to jam etc., like Axl and Slash did in Axl's studio the other day. Like the old times, you know, for the chemistry to flow. All I'm saying is, we might see this as an unbearably long pause, but the guys may be just taking their time, relaxing more or less, and waiting it out...

Right. Axl, the guy who doesn't show up to rehearsals, wants to jam??? I don't really see that a reality.

Edited by PatrickS77
  • Like 1

Just now, PatrickS77 said:

Right. Axl, the guy who doesn't show up to rehearsals, wants to jam??? I don't really see that a reality.

What on earth does 'jam' mean anyway?! To my mind it means 'messing about with instruments' and is far removed from 'writing and recording' . 

4 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

I guess the situation would be different if it meant working on a new record. And as we know, they've already done it. He can show up when motivation is there (see AC/DC). 

3 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

What on earth does 'jam' mean anyway?! To my mind it means 'messing about with instruments' and is far removed from 'writing and recording' . 

You know, the good old "throwing ideas around", "focusing" etc. 

4 minutes ago, jamillos said:

I guess the situation would be different if it meant working on a new record. And as we know, they've already done it. He can show up when motivation is there (see AC/DC). 

You know, the good old "throwing ideas around", "focusing" etc. 

Yeah.....that's what I'm afraid of. It's different wording of the same old lines. 

15 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Well, it's the stuff happening before you go recording. The throwing ideas around, working on stuff. By the time you're recording you're supposed to have your shit and songs together. But I don't see Axl as that guy. Maybe Duff and Slash, but I see Axl more as the guy doing stuff on his own.

Edited by PatrickS77
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

What about the last SMKC album though? The exact some conversations were occuring - Slash was working on new GNR stuff apparently, people were saying exactly what you're saying.....now we're more years down the line and history is repeating itself. 

There's a gap in the band doing anything.  Vague comments are made on interviews. People think GNR are doing stuff....then it turns out Slash has been using the time for SMKC material. 

I want to be positive too, I'd love to be wrong, but the writing is on the wall it seems. Anything else is just wishful thinking. Nothing wrong with that of course....but the cycle of hope does just continue. 

I get it. I just believe he has been doing both - GNR and SMKC. We don’t know exactly how much time he has needed to invest in GNR stuff bearing in mind the amount of material we know to exist from Axls side? A bit of rework might not take that much time......we all now he machinations of getting it out is a different thing right enough.

I do get why folk think negatively - plenty of reasons for that. Personally, I’d rather they took the time to make it as awesome as we hope it should be.....but the time being taken is painful 😂.

3 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Well, it's the stuff happening before you go recording. The throwing ideas around, working on stuff. By the time you're recording you're supposed to have your shit and songs together. But I don't see Axl as that guy. Maybe Duff and Slash, but I see Axl more as the guy doing stuff on his own.

Also - we have to be mindful there is a wealth of ideas and material already in place which we all know exists. Do they aren’t starting from ground zero....the jamming stuff could be simply an additional/newer idea. All guesswork right enough.

5 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

I get it. I just believe he has been doing both - GNR and SMKC. We don’t know exactly how much time he has needed to invest in GNR stuff bearing in mind the amount of material we know to exist from Axls side? A bit of rework might not take that much time......we all now he machinations of getting it out is a different thing right enough.

I do get why folk think negatively - plenty of reasons for that. Personally, I’d rather they took the time to make it as awesome as we hope it should be.....but the time being taken is painful 😂.

I think I'd need some sort of solid evidence now (photo in studio, video, hearing clips of new material etc) to believe something is happening. The usual comments in interviews no longer really cut it for me.

Still, at least we'll get a new SMKC album within 6 months. That's a positive in my view.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PatrickS77 said:

And for once I'm with Towelie. New SMKC album will be out before new GNR. Especially if they are only at a jamming stage and now SMKC comes inbetween. At any rate SMKC work faster than Axl.

How do you know there is a SMCK album? 
Are you their manager or is it a narrative that you come up with your little brain?

• Confused 2
  • Wow 1

43 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

I think I'd need some sort of solid evidence now (photo in studio, video, hearing clips of new material etc) to believe something is happening. The usual comments in interviews no longer really cut it for me.

Still, at least we'll get a new SMKC album within 6 months. That's a positive in my view.  

👍

19 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

How do you know there is a SMCK album? 
Are you their manager or is it a narrative that you come up with your little brain?

In the comments underneath Megan said it related to new SMKC album. Someone should ask her what the status is if the GNR album....😂

I used to like the “mystery.” But it’s clear the lack of transparency about a new GNR record is because there is no GNR record. Even when it took forever for Chinese Democracy to release, we were sometimes getting info about it from Axl or someone else who heard the material. 

A new Guns N’ Roses album doesn’t have to be the greatest record ever. Just fuckin’ give us some music besides recycling the same songs in box sets, vinyls and rereleases. And pushing toy trains and coronavirus tshirts. 

Edited by GnR Chris

33 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

Right because everything a source with no connection to GNR is true.🙃

You remind me of my ex girlfriend, someone who always insists on arguing and never takes other peoples word for it because you think you’re always right. Lighten up my man. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Rovim said:

just a guess, but maybe Axl is not interested in doing that cause he's not too concerned with placating the fans. It would be very easy for that to happen. I don't think it has anything to do with management. Could have been cool though and maybe it will happen in the future but probably not.

Yes Axl won't want to do it. But management need to be better at telling him what he has to do.

He likes TB because they don't make him do the basic behaviours a serious management team would.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

Yes Axl won't want to do it. But management need to be better at telling him what he has to do.

He likes TB because they don't make him do the basic behaviours a serious management team would.

In your opinion. :lol:

3 minutes ago, cineater said:

In your opinion. :lol:

Indeed in my opinion. 

We're seeing the opposite of that now. Last new album released in 2008 and last live dvd 2012 and both of these were apparently wrestled away from from Axl.