The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

4 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

Indeed in my opinion. 

We're seeing the opposite of that now. Last new album released in 2008 and last live dvd 2012 and both of these were apparently wrestled away from from Axl.

Still your opinion right?  Based on some narrative being pushed out on the internet?  Never really talked to Axl about it or hear it come out of his mouth?

12 hours ago, GNR_RNR said:

Yes Axl won't want to do it. But management need to be better at telling him what he has to do.

He likes TB because they don't make him do the basic behaviours a serious management team would.

if management would tell Axl what he needs to do it probably won't be pretty and would defeat the purpose which I'm guessing is to have someone he can trust manage Gn'R affairs and do what he says/represent his interests cause maybe he doesn't want to deal with some/most of the shit himself.

His goal might not be for management to be what we consider as efficient, capable of providing the bare minimum or do shit the "right" way. They work for Axl so their job is to keep him happy, and not the fans.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, cineater said:

Still your opinion right?  Based on some narrative being pushed out on the internet?  Never really talked to Axl about it or hear it come out of his mouth?

Yeah still just my opinion, don't intend to claim anything else.

People on here care about the band and will have their opinions on how they personally think it could be run better, just like armchair coaches for sports teams.

1 minute ago, Rovim said:

if management would tell Axl what he needs to do it probably won't be pretty and would defeat the purpose which I'm guessing is to have someone he can trust manage Gn'R affairs cause maybe he doesn't want to deal with some/most of the shit himself. His goal might not be for management to be what we might consider as efficient as possible or do shit the "right" way.

Very true, TB have been around a long time so they definitely get the job done and have presided over one of the most successful reunions in history. 

I do think it's true that artists and fans will naturally have differing priorities in terms of management. 

In my opinion, I'm astounded by how many Instagram followers Meegan has. Who the hell follows 4th rate celebs like that just because they are married to musicians? Is that normal?, or only because it is effectively the official GnR news feed by default. I don't have an Instagram account, so might be out of touch, but seriously...!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ToonGuns said:

In my opinion, I'm astounded by how many Instagram followers Meegan has. Who the hell follows 4th rate celebs like that just because they are married to musicians? Is that normal?, or only because it is effectively the official GnR news feed by default. I don't have an Instagram account, so might be out of touch, but seriously...!

99% GNR Fans

1 minute ago, ToonGuns said:

She's cool and should un-ironically be the social media manger for GNR.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ToonGuns said:

I believe most of us follow her for the GnR videos and Slash stuff she posts...I couldnt care less about her, but still, I follow her for those reasons

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ToonGuns said:

She's actually fan friendly, and has replied to many of us here, plus she live streams the shows, not fully of course. She is also a better photographer than Kat. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, jamillos said:

He can show up when motivation is there (see AC/DC). 

He can show up, when he has no other choice. ;) One would think that rehearsals for a tour is important. One would think that during that and soundchecks for a show, some jamming could be done.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

She's actually fan friendly, and has replied to many of us here, plus she live streams the shows, not fully of course. She is also a better photographer than Kat. 

And she generally posts entertaining stuff. More entertaining than say, the GNR instagram.

Edited by PatrickS77
  • Like 3

I don’t see Slash working on SMKC as a bad thing - we know he writes for both. Was listening to Apocalyptic Love earlier and apart from Anastasia and a couple of others.....it was ‘OK’. I’d like to think Axl and Duff recognise the good stuff with the stuff their not interested in going to SMKC.....which clearly has a fan base for that stuff.

Based on what I heard earlier I’d generally say it was fairly generic - although there were times where parts of were cool but then quickly became ‘meh’. On the illusions albums there was such a variety of material where on Apocalyptic Love it was all quite samey IMO. Which is what Axl and Duff would bring - variety.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, GNR_RNR said:

Yeah still just my opinion, don't intend to claim anything else.

People on here care about the band and will have their opinions on how they personally think it could be run better, just like armchair coaches for sports teams.

Never spoke to him either.  I was just wondering if you thought the negative narrative that gets passed around is part of why they run radio silent?

5 hours ago, GNR_RNR said:

Yes Axl won't want to do it. But management need to be better at telling him what he has to do.

He likes TB because they don't make him do the basic behaviours a serious management team would.

No management has ever made Axl do "what he had to do" - with the exception of Alan Niven before the band became big.

Fernando grew up with Axl doing chores for him. Do you think Axl would listen to Fernando (supposing that Fernando knew what Axl has to do and told him) when he didn't listen to experienced managers he had before?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, DTJ80 said:

I don’t see Slash working on SMKC as a bad thing - we know he writes for both. Was listening to Apocalyptic Love earlier and apart from Anastasia and a couple of others.....it was ‘OK’. I’d like to think Axl and Duff recognise the good stuff with the stuff their not interested in going to SMKC.....which clearly has a fan base for that stuff.

Based on what I heard earlier I’d generally say it was fairly generic - although there were times where parts of were cool but then quickly became ‘meh’. On the illusions albums there was such a variety of material where on Apocalyptic Love it was all quite samey IMO. Which is what Axl and Duff would bring - variety.

I recognise it as a potentially bad sign! I would really like to believe that GNR have their album in the can, mixed and mastered! if GNR are not there with the record (I think it's extreme wishful thinking) and Slash is off doing a solo record instead you can kiss goodbye to any chance that GNR are releasing anything anytime soon... and if they do release something, it's not going to be the record Slash wants to put out explaining why he has the itch to create outside of GNR... during a time when they are focussing on making a new record. 

Of course there's a chance that this is just down time between sessions for the GNR record and Slash got bored (he did say in his book, he always gets into trouble when he's off the road, so this might be a 'keep me busy' thing) and wanted to play! but I just don't see know how to see this as a good sign for GNR... and if true and Slash / Duff are now being wasted like GNR 2011-2014, once again TB / Axl you're doing one hell of a job!!:facepalm: 

Edited by Tom2112
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

I recognise it as a potentially bad sign! I would really like to believe that GNR have their album in the can, mixed and mastered! if GNR are not there with the record (I think it's extreme wishful thinking) and Slash is off doing a solo record instead you can kiss goodbye to any chance that GNR are releasing anything anytime soon... and if they do release something, it's not going to be the record Slash wants to put out explaining why he has the itch to create outside of GNR... during a time when they are focussing on making a new record. 

Of course there's a chance that this is just down time between sessions for the GNR record and Slash got bored (he did say in his book, he always gets into trouble when he's off the road, so this might be a 'keep me busy' thing) and wanted to play! but I just don't see know how to see this as a good sign for GNR... and if true and Slash / Duff are now being wasted like GNR 2011-2014, once again TB / Axl you're doing one hell of a job!!:facepalm: 

My guess is they probably got finished songs. They won't release a record and keep touring. They will get old touring and touring. While a few SMKC and Duff Mckagan solo records get out with small tours in between big GN'R tours. One of them will die and then and only then Axl will think it'll be a good idea to release a record if he doesn't go first. IF Axl goes first I think TB will work with Slash and Duff to release a posthumous record featuring Axl. 

That's the biggest possibility at this point. Hate to say it but they'll probably prove me right. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

He can show up, when he has no other choice. ;) One would think that rehearsals for a tour is important. One would think that during that and soundchecks for a show, some jamming could be done.

Why would he need to rehearse songs he's been singing for 30 years? He knows how they go. Going to soundcheck isn't going to make his voice sound any better.

4 hours ago, cineater said:

Never spoke to him either.  I was just wondering if you thought the negative narrative that gets passed around is part of why they run radio silent?

I think there are a couple online GNR communities that are a lot more “cheerleading” oriented that they could easily engage in dialogue with, if they wanted. 

The information void sort of invites negative appraisals, given the history. 

Edited by Ant

37 minutes ago, GoForJMark said:

My guess is they probably got finished songs. They won't release a record and keep touring. They will get old touring and touring. While a few SMKC and Duff Mckagan solo records get out with small tours in between big GN'R tours. One of them will die and then and only then Axl will think it'll be a good idea to release a record if he doesn't go first. IF Axl goes first I think TB will work with Slash and Duff to release a posthumous record featuring Axl. 

That's the biggest possibility at this point. Hate to say it but they'll probably prove me right. 

Problem with a posthumous record is how many Axl full vocal unreleased songs are there anyway.

For years and years the bands have always had shitloads of instrumentals they have recorded but Axl rarely recorded and put on any vocals for them.

5 minutes ago, vloors said:

Problem with a posthumous record is how many Axl full vocal unreleased songs are there anyway.

For years and years the bands have always had shitloads of instrumentals they have recorded but Axl rarely recorded and put on any vocals for them.

Certainly there’s enough for at least an album’s worth, no?

What we know for sure has vocals: Hard School, Atlas, Perhaps, State of Grace, The General, Silkworms, Quick Song, Nothing, Going Down, Eye On You, and Heaven’s Door Acoustic.

What has been mentioned to also have vocals: Berlin, Soul Monster, Zodiac, and Tonto.

7 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

No, those songs have been played 1000 times. My point was, we know they've jammed together in Axl's studio - I called it jamming, which is not the point, we can call it getting to know each other creatively again, whatever. But what I meant was I don't believe Axl will want to make the whole thing over a cell phone, you know? I believe some joint studio work will also be done (maybe it has already). And the point was that time is relative, and we may be surprised unpleasantly that the album is not finished yet, because they could have been waiting it out. Would be great if that wasn't the case, but for all we know, it could be. I doubt they'd meet in a studio under these circumstances, even if for the mood if not for the "risk" itself. 

7 minutes ago, jamillos said:

No, those songs have been played 1000 times. My point was, we know they've jammed together in Axl's studio - I called it jamming, which is not the point, we can call it getting to know each other creatively again, whatever. But what I meant was I don't believe Axl will want to make the whole thing over a cell phone, you know? I believe some joint studio work will also be done (maybe it has already). And the point was that time is relative, and we may be surprised unpleasantly that the album is not finished yet, because they could have been waiting it out. Would be great if that wasn't the case, but for all we know, it could be. I doubt they'd meet in a studio under these circumstances, even if for the mood if not for the "risk" itself. 

Why do you doubt they’d meet in a studio when Slash very clearly was just photographed in a studio with Kerns? If Axl and Slash aren’t in studio together, it isn’t because of coronavirus. 

2 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

Why do you doubt they’d meet in a studio when Slash very clearly was just photographed in a studio with Kerns? If Axl and Slash aren’t in studio together, it isn’t because of coronavirus. 

Well, Slash is Slash, and Axl is Axl. I could leave it at that. Also, I meant including Duff. It's not impossible, but can you imagine Axl with a mask? And how would he sing? Etc. If it's just jamming and trying out new stuff without the recording booths, I just don't see it happening like this, that's all.