The "New Album" Thread - Susan McKagan says album is coming

8 hours ago, surforia said:

No, I saw the last show of the Axl/DC tour in Philly.  He was out of the chair by then and he sounded even better than these videos.

He still didn't run around during the AC/DC shows (because he didn't "want it to make it about him" or whatever the reason was, which IMO was pretty considerate and cool). So that made him probably sound even better, because being still and standing gives you more control of your voice, than being still and sitting down. 

Edited by jekylhyde
  • Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Grandma's hamster has never been in safer hands.

It's clearly going to be announced in a few days (or just after the holidays), along with the first single.

Axl is close to 60 Reunion is now over 4 years old The last unheard new song was played in 2006 The last studio album was in 2008 The last new song before that in 1999 Every s

Posted Images

2 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

Yes I'm very excited about this.

1 hour ago, Italian girl said:

I am not :shrugs:

I’d be surprised if he WASNT in the studio working on both bands material TBH. Just because SMKC is referenced doesn’t mean that’s all he will be doing!

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, Towelie said:

I remember when fans were getting pissed when Slash announced Living The Dream and I said on here that in all likelihood we would hear the follow-up album before we get anything from Guns. I was right.

Slash likes to keep busy. And if Axl ain’t gonna use Slash for new GN’R music, Slash isn’t gonna sit around waiting. 

• GNFNR 3

So either the GNR album is done and hes working on SMKC followup or theres no GNR album, and SMKC is now being worked on.

You have to credit his work ethic in keeping busy.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

I guessed we’d see Duff and Slash each release new materia againl before anything GNR. And here it’s confirmed Conspirators are in studio working on a new record. 

Like, why the heck is this so difficult for Axl? I don’t get it at all.

Edited by GnR Chris
1 minute ago, SoNobodyToldYaBaby said:

Slash should drop Miles for this record and do another 2010 album with guest vocalists to freshen things up.. Would be a cool way to sneak Axl in on a song and there wouldn't be as much expectation on the track because it wouldnt be under the Guns name

I'd love this! Not gonna happen though. We'll get another album with Myles that will probably sound exactly like all their other albums and nothing from Axl.

• Like 1

I love SMKC, sometimes even more than Guns (it's a complicated relationship). Myles' voice is incredibly pleasing to me. His lyrics can feel a bit recycled (I've heard "dark to light" like 700 times) but he works hard and takes care of himself.

As for a new Guns album, I'll see you guys in 2055 when Axl, Beta, and Fernando all pass away in a car crash on their way to the Guns N' Burgers restuarant opening, thus releasing the vault from one set of greasy fingers to the money hungry tendrils of the label that will sell everything Axl had as 'W. Axl Roses's final masterpiece'

• Like 4
57 minutes ago, metallex78 said:

Slash likes to keep busy. And if Axl ain’t gonna use Slash for new GN’R music, Slash isn’t gonna sit around waiting. 

I don't think this means Axl is not interested in using Slash's ideas for Gn'R, just that he can work on both Gn'R music and Conspirators cause he probably knows it will take Axl much longer to complete a Gn'R album compared to the Con's next one.

I also can't see how this will negatively affect work on a Gn'R record so I view this as good news. More Slash is always good and I like Living The Dream, even if Gn'R is always my first priority.

• GNFNR 2
4 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

That's odd because Myles is recording his 2nd solo album right now

Not that odd. They have more free time the last few months than they’ve had in years. All the recording now means there’s material ready to support touring when bands start hitting the road again.

Keep in mind I’m referring to Myles solo, Alter Bridge, and Conspirators. We already know there won’t be a Guns N’ Roses record. Maybe an Illusions box set. 

1 hour ago, SoNobodyToldYaBaby said:

Slash should drop Miles for this record and do another 2010 album with guest vocalists to freshen things up.. Would be a cool way to sneak Axl in on a song and there wouldn't be as much expectation on the track because it wouldnt be under the Guns name

This would be fantastic. Living the dream was stale cock rock, 'Slash' and 'apocalyptic love' were great albums. World on fire still had some cool riffs but was starting to get a bit generic. I like Myles and AB, but in the studio SMKC have probably run their creative course. 

• GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Sydney Fan said:

So either the GNR album is done and hes working on SMKC followup or theres no GNR album, and SMKC is now being worked on.

You have to credit his work ethic in keeping busy.

He can do both at the same time as well - we all know his work ethic so I’d say that’s likely.

Slash has already said he writes for both, has confirmed he has used the AFD Les Paul on studio recordings, has jammed with Axl recently.....but that’s all shite because of a photo of him in the studio with a SMKC member (which in my eyes just validates his first point).

Nothing here says to me anything negative.

1 minute ago, El Guapo said:

It would only take one similar pic of Slash and Axl in a studio to give the fans some good vibes while nothing's ready for announcement. One photo. But no. 

Very true - a single photo or 10 second snippet of something new would send this place into meltdown 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
59 minutes ago, JimiRose said:

This would be fantastic. Living the dream was stale cock rock, 'Slash' and 'apocalyptic love' were great albums. World on fire still had some cool riffs but was starting to get a bit generic. I like Myles and AB, but in the studio SMKC have probably run their creative course. 

I much preferred WOF to AL. The first 5 tracks on WOF are amazing.

• Like 3

Axl won’t let go of that album it’s obvious. It’s probably done, we’re just waiting for him to find his muse to finish the last bits of ‘essential’ tinkering. 

The illusions were pulled from him and, arguably, so was Chinese by the powerhouse that is Azoff.

I genuinely believe the only thing that will prompt Axl to release the record is another huge leak 🤞

2 minutes ago, gavgnr said:

Axl won’t let go of that album it’s obvious. It’s probably done, we’re just waiting for him to find his muse to finish the last bits of ‘essential’ tinkering. 

The illusions were pulled from him and, arguably, so was Chinese by the powerhouse that is Azoff.

I genuinely believe the only thing that will prompt Axl to release the record is another huge leak 🤞

Nah. Another huge leak would be used as an excuse NOT to release anything. 

Edited by allwaystired
  • Like 1