The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

3 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

I think you might be right.....but the ongoing focus on touring is fairly concerning. There's never really been a period where the focus has seemed to entirely on any new material. Which suggests to me that there really isn't any pressing urge to make anything new. The clock is ticking however, and for every 6 months-year they spend touring, that's time lost when it comes to moving forward. 

seizing the opportunity to make the kind of money they've made by prioritizing the NITL tour over any forward movement is understandable imo and Axl is not exactly known for his multi-tasking abilities. He's known for doing exactly what he pleases, like touring with AC/DC. Another seized opportunity (working with someone Axl admires greatly)

and touring is easier compared to figuring out how to complete the "right" album for Gn'R. Now they can't tour. We had small updates from Susan and Slash that they're working on it.

I speculate that the most important goal for Axl as a musician was always the studio albums, but that doesn't mean it's the only thing he cares about. The reunion was a big event that happened.

It all sounds like a bunch of excuses for a man that has released only 1 record in almost 30 years, but I'm not concerned cause I think Axl would want to release a final Gn'R album with Slash, so he'll get to it. The clock is ticking, but they still got time to make it happen.

it's not going to be a lot more pathetic if, say, Axl would release an album when he's 62 compared to when he's 60 for example. They're not a young band anymore, so maybe Axl can afford to do it his way.

45 minutes ago, Rovim said:

but does Axl considers Chinese to be a dud? or at least he tried to not repeat himself with that record so that could be one of his main goals with every new Gn'R release of original material.

I'm not saying his approach is the right way to make a record, but that's the way I believe he wants to make it and I think it comes from an honest place. I also think when Axl releases music, he's doing it for himself, not for anyone else.

There's not a single fibre of Axl that considers Chinese a dud. In his mind, the NITL tour proved him right. He has this idea of touring a record until people 'get it'. I loved the record from day 1! but by 2012 I was well and truly ready for part II, as was everybody that enjoyed it... trying to change the other sides opinion on it was and still is a waste of time.

I also agree that Axl makes records that he likes... but he also wants to have others like it, and is really sensitive to criticism... which! when you've spent weeks, months... years!! working on something it's fair to see how you might just be a little too close to something to hear criticism and not be offended.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Rovim said:

seizing the opportunity to make the kind of money they've made by prioritizing the NITL tour over any forward movement is understandable imo and Axl is not exactly known for his multi-tasking abilities. He's known for doing exactly what he pleases, like touring with AC/DC. Another seized opportunity (working with someone Axl admires greatly)

and touring is easier compared to figuring out how to complete the "right" album for Gn'R. Now they can't tour. We had small updates from Susan and Slash that they're working on it.

I speculate that the most important goal for Axl as a musician was always the studio albums, but that doesn't mean it's the only thing he cares about. The reunion was a big event that happened.

It all sounds like a bunch of excuses for a man that has released only 1 record in almost 30 years, but I'm not concerned cause I think Axl would want to release a final Gn'R album with Slash, so he'll get to it. The clock is ticking, but they still got time to make it happen.

it's not going to be a lot more pathetic if, say, Axl would release an album when he's 62 compared to when he's 60 for example. They're not a young band anymore, so maybe Axl can afford to do it his way.

It all depends on the quality of the music that he releases at the end of the day! And!! the longer he waits the more expectation builds, so much so that it's eventually in that CD spectrum of never going to satisfy! .. obviously, whatever they release will be torn to shreds anyway because that's what people do these days... but you get my point.

6 minutes ago, Rovim said:

honestly? I care very little about that cause I want Axl, Duff, and Slash to release a Guns album they all feel is truly great and I also think they can do it so I just hope Axl will try to do it which I believe he will, if he's not doing it already. Doesn't necessarily means they'll succeed in prying it out of Axl's clutch, but you never know.

I couldn't give a shit about media expectations either or pleasing everybody, But I do care that I like the music!

Showing up for soundcheck is not only a matter of not getting rusty and keeping your voice trained but also a matter of respect towards the rest of the band 

When you play a tour with 150 gigs and you show up for 10 soundchecks you don't seem to give that many fucks

It's disrespectful from Axl towards the other band members and the crew who work their asses off to create a good show and then Axl shows up, unprepared, probably not being familiar with the sound of the venue because he didn't attend the soundcheck and he phones it in

Edited by SAU3R

3 minutes ago, Towelie said:

The less you sing, the worse you sound. The muscles close up, tension creeps in and you just can't hit the notes the same. 

this is true, but the more you sing the more you use these muscles and you wear out your vocal chords in the long run. This is why Axl said that the upside of not singing for years is that now his vocal chords are in a better condition. (paraphrasing)

Edited by Rovim

1 minute ago, Rovim said:

this is true, but the more you sing the more you use these muscles and you wear out your vocal chords in the long run. This is why Axl said that the upside of not singing for years is that now his vocal chords are in a better condition. (paraphrasing)

Not if your singing correctly. Although Axl's style of singing is not really technically healthy for anybody. 

Just now, Towelie said:

Not if your singing correctly. Although Axl's style of singing is not really technically healthy for anybody. 

well... I think it's like driving a really good car and you're a race car driver, you know your shit. If you don't drive it at all you fuck it up, but if you drive it everyday for 8 hours its condition will deteriorate quickly.

40 minutes ago, Towelie said:

Being a singer it's a constant struggle trying to find a good balance when singing. I don't sing properly really but I get the best sound for me anyway. But my voice does give out, just the way it is. Fuck it.

7 minutes ago, DonkeyNuts said:

How long have you been a member of the crew or a band member? How do you know what is disrespectful? 

I am guitarist in a band and when we have a gig and our singer doesn't show up for soundcheck, while the rest of the band, I'm pissed, because we invest our time in trying to make the best show possible and our singer doesn't seem to be interested in that

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Rovim said:

I also think when Axl releases music, he's doing it for himself, not for anyone else.

And that right there tells us everything we need to know about why there isn't new music yet.

3 hours ago, SAU3R said:

Showing up for soundcheck is not only a matter of not getting rusty and keeping your voice trained but also a matter of respect towards the rest of the band 

When you play a tour with 150 gigs and you show up for 10 soundchecks you don't seem to give that many fucks

It's disrespectful from Axl towards the other band members and the crew who work their asses off to create a good show and then Axl shows up, unprepared, probably not being familiar with the sound of the venue because he didn't attend the soundcheck and he phones it in

I agree

• Like 2

I was reading the thread when something was deleted?

When Axl is ready to release some music he will.  I think the grief he gets from fans just fuels the pressure and causes frustration all round.  Just a throught.

Edited by DurhamGirl

5 hours ago, DonkeyNuts said:

Bands do, singers don't.

You have no idea what you're on about. Have you played with a band before? Because almost EVERY singer I've worked with needs to change keys on the spot, needs to be constantly reminded of the lyrics, has to be queued to come in... a lot of these singers have degrees in singing. Singers need the rehearsal as much and more than the rest of the band. Guitar players, bass, keys, drums do the work at home (the pros) most singers turn up with a lyric sheet, no other equipment and can barely figure out the basic operation of a mic stand. There are some exceptions who know there shit inside and out (and always deliver), but from the 100s of musicians I've played with or talked with, this is a common subject that we all laugh about!

You are too much🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

*edit - I just saw that this post was derailed with this topic... so we'll leave it here😉*

On topic. We'll have to wait and see what comes from all of this, but I'd love  a new song written by Slash with Axl on vocals! However I'm not that concerned about it, looking forward to it of course! But, the days where this was the biggest concern in my life are well and truly gone🤣🤣

Edited by Tom2112
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

You have no idea what you're on about. Have you played with a band before? Because almost EVERY singer I've worked with needs to change keys on the spot, needs to be constantly reminded of the lyrics, has to be queued to come in... a lot of these singers have degrees in singing. Singers need the rehearsal as much and more than the rest of the band. Guitar players, bass, keys, drums do the work at home (the pros) most singers turn up with a lyric sheet, no other equipment and can barely figure out the basic operation of a mic stand. There are some exceptions who know there shit inside and out (and always deliver), but from the 100s of musicians I've played with or talked with, this is a common subject that we all laugh about!

You are too much🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

You reek of white privilege 🤣

Edited by Coma16
jajajajajajajajaja

30 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

You are too much🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

*edit - I just saw that this post was derailed with this topic... so we'll leave it here😉*

On topic. We'll have to wait and see what comes from all of this, but I'd love  a new song written by Slash with Axl on vocals! However I'm not that concerned about it, looking forward to it of course! But, the days where this was the biggest concern in my life are well and truly gone🤣🤣

I totally resent that, I've been figuring out the mic stand and I'm pretty sure I almost have it.😄

• Haha 4

Fernando said in the discord chat back in May that there had been no discussions about a NITL blu-ray and the only plan was the (short-lived, eventually) "selects" on youtube. Now he's saying a NITL blu-ray/dvd is on the way. So it seems plans changed along the way.

I'm not sure if I believe Fernando's explanation on why Axl trademarked his name. It probably will result to nothing significant, but I'm not buying that Axl just randomly decided to do it now.

As for Slash working on SMKC, it's not a problem per se. He's forced not to tour for more than a year, so this would inevitably happen regardless of whether there's been work going on with GnR, since he has a lot of time to do both and wants to keep himself busy. The problem is which one comes out first, and that will depend on how much progress will have been made in regards to GnR (because there's no question about SMKC - the material will be all written and ready) when the circumstances allow for actual recording in a professional studio - in other words, on whether they'll have all the material together and Axl will be ready to record and release. 

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 4

16 hours ago, lame ass security said:

I totally resent that, I've been figuring out the mic stand and I'm pretty sure I almost have it.😄

All mygnr singers, I am doing a free public service masterclass on mic stand operations! PM me :D 

Watch the GNR show from the RDS Dublin '06 for further proof (during the end section of Jungle), Axl can't even tighten a mic stand "Somebody fix that" after he tries and fails to fix Dizzys mic, he needs my masterclass too! Fernando PM me!

Edited by Tom2112
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, GnR Chris said:

I probably said this earlier, but it's not that fuckin' serious. Just release some new music. Clearly Duff and Slash still enjoy making new music. It doesn't have to be the greatest record ever. It doesn't even have to be the best record of 2020. Just show us you're still an actual band and not just a touring act content to only sing songs from 1987 and sell us toy trains.

And that there is the big problem mate. Axl's low self-esteem seems to need to release the greatest record ever, each time. He puts all this unneccesary pressure on himself when fans like us would be thrilled to just hear his voice on a new album. Obviously if it was a Metallica Lulu moment it wouldn't be well recieved but Im sure anything he creates and releases would be at the very least really good. 

• Like 2