The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

9 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

And that right there tells us everything we need to know about why there isn't new music yet.

I don't think Axl is the only successful musician in the world that releases music for himself. It's not likely, so maybe it's not that simple. Axl needs others to come up with ideas. He is capable of coming up with good shit himself imo, but for the most part, like Slash said more than once in the past: he considers himself and Duff to be the bricklayers so I believe it's a combination of different things.

• Like 1

I'm glad someone took care of those comments on the last few pages :)

As I said before, SMKC recording new album doesn't necessarly mean that Slash isn't working on GNR stuff. We all know though that it's not up to him if it ever gets recorded and released.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Ralphelmo said:

As I said before, SMKC recording new album doesn't necessarly mean that Slash isn't working on GNR stuff. We all know though that it's not up to him if it ever gets recorded and released.

Agreed - we all know he doesn’t like being idle so stands to reason he would be doing work for both.

7 hours ago, DownUnderScott said:

And that there is the big problem mate. Axl's low self-esteem seems to need to release the greatest record ever, each time. He puts all this unneccesary pressure on himself when fans like us would be thrilled to just hear his voice on a new album. Obviously if it was a Metallica Lulu moment it wouldn't be well recieved but Im sure anything he creates and releases would be at the very least really good. 

Lulu....the worst thing metalluca did. I didnt get why lou reed of all people they would colaborate with them, and wondered why they didnt do something with lemmy kilmister instead as the band looked up to motorhead.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DownUnderScott said:

And that there is the big problem mate. Axl's low self-esteem seems to need to release the greatest record ever, each time. He puts all this unneccesary pressure on himself when fans like us would be thrilled to just hear his voice on a new album. Obviously if it was a Metallica Lulu moment it wouldn't be well recieved but Im sure anything he creates and releases would be at the very least really good. 

Maybe he doesn't believe in the consistency of his voice anymore.  I know that most of us don't either.  I think he needs to change his sound and sing with his regular mid-range (is that the term?) voice like the verses of Don't Cry and Patience. Axl is nearly 60.  The ferocity portrayed in his high, scratchy voice doesn't seem that legitimate anymore.  I'm not saying that Axl should go totally soft rock but if he took it easier on his voice, I think he could record some nice songs on top of the music created by this talented version of the band.  

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Blackstar said:

As for Slash working on SMKC, it's not a problem per se. He's forced not to tour for more than a year, so this would inevitably happen regardless of whether there's been work going on with GnR, since he has a lot of time to do both and wants to keep himself busy. The problem is which one comes out first, and that will depend on how much progress will have been made in regards to GnR (because there's no question about SMKC - the material will be all written and ready) when the circumstances allow for actual recording in a professional studio - in other words, on whether they'll have all the material together and Axl will be ready to record and release.

As always, you're right. It's GNR downtime officially. Slash is not needed for GNR at the moment. Don't know if he already recorded his parts, or if it's just a matter that Axl doesn't want to create something entirely from the scratch with him and Duff. So yeah, Slash will do something with this time, so why not write and record for SMKC? They don't have to release it right now or before GNR, mind you, albeit they probably will. But they are also limited on touring anyways. 

7 hours ago, Ralphelmo said:

Also, it wasn't because Slash didn't have time to record and write stuff from GNR. He had 4 years. He probably would have 3 GNR records done by now lol.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Coma16 said:

I believe that Axl can record with any voice he chooses while in studio. The tricky part is being able to replicate during live shows. Except for ACDC for some reason...

The reason is that he wasn't in charge and free to sing however he wanted like with Guns N' Roses. Angus had him on a tight leash from beginning to end.

I think it’s safe to say that 2020 is off the list for any new “unreleased” music. Now we will play the 2021 game. Let’s all come together and find logic as to how 2021 must be the year for new music. I’ve already come to terms with 2020, let’s just keep this shit rolling into 2021. 

3 hours ago, Eddie Money said:

Maybe he doesn't believe in the consistency of his voice anymore.  I know that most of us don't either.  I think he needs to change his sound and sing with his regular mid-range (is that the term?) voice like the verses of Don't Cry and Patience. Axl is nearly 60.  The ferocity portrayed in his high, scratchy voice doesn't seem that legitimate anymore.  I'm not saying that Axl should go totally soft rock but if he took it easier on his voice, I think he could record some nice songs on top of the music created by this talented version of the band.  

Lose 30 ponds, if you still love what you do , and do it for yourself, no one else

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SOH said:

The reason is that he wasn't in charge and free to sing however he wanted like with Guns N' Roses. Angus had him on a tight leash from beginning to end.

There's probably also preservation going on. 

You can do it for a bit as he did it with ACDC but you absolutely can't do it night after night for 5 years non-stop on the never-ending NITL tour. 

They simply tour way, way too much, and for order for that to happen he has to reel his voice in and find new ways of singing stuff. Otherwise he really wouldn't be able to get through the amount of constant and relentless touring they seem to want to. 

9 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

You can do it for a bit as he did it with ACDC but you absolutely can't do it night after night for 5 years non-stop on the never-ending NITL tour. 

They simply tour way, way too much, and for order for that to happen he has to reel his voice in and find new ways of singing stuff. Otherwise he really wouldn't be able to get through the amount of constant and relentless touring they seem to want to. 

or he could do a vocal chord surgery like steven tyler did

3 hours ago, SOH said:

And I think it's also because AC/DC songs are sustained on the same level of tonality
Guns songs are full of ups and downs and that's probably harder to sing with proper technique

Just now, allwaystired said:

I suppose so.....but I imagine touring a hell of a lot of less would be easier and more pleasant! 

Sure, less shows + lose a few pounds + take good care of his voice and health would be the appropirate choice

GNR claims they can’t do anything right now cause of the pandemic.

meanwhile, over at Metallica land...

EDIT: sorry, forgot we can’t post YouTube vids anymore!

In short: Metallica is playing a concert soon (no audience) that will be screened at drive-ins.

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Like 2

Just now, rocknroll41 said:

Get claims they can’t do anything right now cause of the pandemic.

meanwhile, over at Metallica land...

Truth is Axl doesn't wants to do nothing because of the pandemic

Dude's way too perfectionist,, he probably wants everything to be perfect again

8 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Exactly. This was part of the reason I started the setlist thread - they really need to overhaul it. They have done the big tour, earnt the millions, given the casuals the chance to catch Axl and Slash on stage - let’s move to the next stage.

The next tour will NOT compete in terms of  gross so no point trying to tour endlessly to do that. IMO they should:-

1) Play less gigs - more rest time in between

2) Overhaul the setlist - more variety and play stuff which is within Axls abilities (new material would help too.....).

3) Generally - need to sort the tempos as since Slash and Duff came back some stuff is too fast. Plus - be smart with the setlist order......Rocket Queen followed by You Could Be Mine and then Shadow Of Your Love is just ridiculous!! Neither wonder Axl sounds knackered half the time.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

Exactly. This was part of the reason I started the setlist thread - they really need to overhaul it. They have done the big tour, earnt the millions, given the casuals the chance to catch Axl and Slash on stage - let’s move to the next stage.

The next tour will NOT compete in terms of  gross so no point trying to tour endlessly to do that. IMO they should:-

1) Play less gigs - more rest time in between

2) Overhaul the setlist - more variety and play stuff which is within Axls abilities (new material would help too.....).

3) Generally - need to sort the tempos as since Slash and Duff came back some stuff is too fast. Plus - be smart with the setlist order......Rocket Queen followed by You Could Be Mine and then Shadow Of Your Love is just ridiculous!! Neither wonder Axl sounds knackered half the time.

All very sensible things to do! 

Whether they happen or not.......