Jump to content

The "New Album" Thread - Susan McKagan says album is coming


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I like the idea of being on my death bed, saying "just refresh that page one more time for me....I'm pretty sure that insider was full of shit, but I want to be totally sure....." 

Axl is close to 60 Reunion is now over 4 years old The last unheard new song was played in 2006 The last studio album was in 2008 The last new song before that in 1999 Every s

Posted Images

8 hours ago, DownUnderScott said:

And that there is the big problem mate. Axl's low self-esteem seems to need to release the greatest record ever, each time. He puts all this unneccesary pressure on himself when fans like us would be thrilled to just hear his voice on a new album. Obviously if it was a Metallica Lulu moment it wouldn't be well recieved but Im sure anything he creates and releases would be at the very least really good. 

Maybe he doesn't believe in the consistency of his voice anymore.  I know that most of us don't either.  I think he needs to change his sound and sing with his regular mid-range (is that the term?) voice like the verses of Don't Cry and Patience. Axl is nearly 60.  The ferocity portrayed in his high, scratchy voice doesn't seem that legitimate anymore.  I'm not saying that Axl should go totally soft rock but if he took it easier on his voice, I think he could record some nice songs on top of the music created by this talented version of the band.  

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Blackstar said:

As for Slash working on SMKC, it's not a problem per se. He's forced not to tour for more than a year, so this would inevitably happen regardless of whether there's been work going on with GnR, since he has a lot of time to do both and wants to keep himself busy. The problem is which one comes out first, and that will depend on how much progress will have been made in regards to GnR (because there's no question about SMKC - the material will be all written and ready) when the circumstances allow for actual recording in a professional studio - in other words, on whether they'll have all the material together and Axl will be ready to record and release.

As always, you're right. It's GNR downtime officially. Slash is not needed for GNR at the moment. Don't know if he already recorded his parts, or if it's just a matter that Axl doesn't want to create something entirely from the scratch with him and Duff. So yeah, Slash will do something with this time, so why not write and record for SMKC? They don't have to release it right now or before GNR, mind you, albeit they probably will. But they are also limited on touring anyways. 

7 hours ago, Ralphelmo said:

I'm glad someone took care of those comments on the last few pages :)

As I said before, SMKC recording new album doesn't necessarly mean that Slash isn't working on GNR stuff. We all know though that it's not up to him if it ever gets recorded and released.

Also, it wasn't because Slash didn't have time to record and write stuff from GNR. He had 4 years. He probably would have 3 GNR records done by now lol.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Coma16 said:

I believe that Axl can record with any voice he chooses while in studio. The tricky part is being able to replicate during live shows. Except for ACDC for some reason...

The reason is that he wasn't in charge and free to sing however he wanted like with Guns N' Roses. Angus had him on a tight leash from beginning to end.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it’s safe to say that 2020 is off the list for any new “unreleased” music. Now we will play the 2021 game. Let’s all come together and find logic as to how 2021 must be the year for new music. I’ve already come to terms with 2020, let’s just keep this shit rolling into 2021. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Eddie Money said:

Maybe he doesn't believe in the consistency of his voice anymore.  I know that most of us don't either.  I think he needs to change his sound and sing with his regular mid-range (is that the term?) voice like the verses of Don't Cry and Patience. Axl is nearly 60.  The ferocity portrayed in his high, scratchy voice doesn't seem that legitimate anymore.  I'm not saying that Axl should go totally soft rock but if he took it easier on his voice, I think he could record some nice songs on top of the music created by this talented version of the band.  

Lose 30 ponds, if you still love what you do , and do it for yourself, no one else

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SOH said:

The reason is that he wasn't in charge and free to sing however he wanted like with Guns N' Roses. Angus had him on a tight leash from beginning to end.

There's probably also preservation going on. 

You can do it for a bit as he did it with ACDC but you absolutely can't do it night after night for 5 years non-stop on the never-ending NITL tour. 

They simply tour way, way too much, and for order for that to happen he has to reel his voice in and find new ways of singing stuff. Otherwise he really wouldn't be able to get through the amount of constant and relentless touring they seem to want to. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

There's probably also preservation going on. 

You can do it for a bit as he did it with ACDC but you absolutely can't do it night after night for 5 years non-stop on the never-ending NITL tour. 

They simply tour way, way too much, and for order for that to happen he has to reel his voice in and find new ways of singing stuff. Otherwise he really wouldn't be able to get through the amount of constant and relentless touring they seem to want to. 

or he could do a vocal chord surgery like steven tyler did

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SOH said:

The reason is that he wasn't in charge and free to sing however he wanted like with Guns N' Roses. Angus had him on a tight leash from beginning to end.

And I think it's also because AC/DC songs are sustained on the same level of tonality
Guns songs are full of ups and downs and that's probably harder to sing with proper technique

Just now, allwaystired said:

I suppose so.....but I imagine touring a hell of a lot of less would be easier and more pleasant! 

Sure, less shows + lose a few pounds + take good care of his voice and health would be the appropirate choice

Link to post
Share on other sites

GNR claims they can’t do anything right now cause of the pandemic.

meanwhile, over at Metallica land...

EDIT: sorry, forgot we can’t post YouTube vids anymore!

In short: Metallica is playing a concert soon (no audience) that will be screened at drive-ins.

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, rocknroll41 said:

Get claims they can’t do anything right now cause of the pandemic.

meanwhile, over at Metallica land...

 

Truth is Axl doesn't wants to do nothing because of the pandemic

Dude's way too perfectionist,, he probably wants everything to be perfect again

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

There's probably also preservation going on. 

You can do it for a bit as he did it with ACDC but you absolutely can't do it night after night for 5 years non-stop on the never-ending NITL tour. 

They simply tour way, way too much, and for order for that to happen he has to reel his voice in and find new ways of singing stuff. Otherwise he really wouldn't be able to get through the amount of constant and relentless touring they seem to want to. 

Exactly. This was part of the reason I started the setlist thread - they really need to overhaul it. They have done the big tour, earnt the millions, given the casuals the chance to catch Axl and Slash on stage - let’s move to the next stage.

The next tour will NOT compete in terms of  gross so no point trying to tour endlessly to do that. IMO they should:-

1) Play less gigs - more rest time in between

2) Overhaul the setlist - more variety and play stuff which is within Axls abilities (new material would help too.....).

3) Generally - need to sort the tempos as since Slash and Duff came back some stuff is too fast. Plus - be smart with the setlist order......Rocket Queen followed by You Could Be Mine and then Shadow Of Your Love is just ridiculous!! Neither wonder Axl sounds knackered half the time.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

Exactly. This was part of the reason I started the setlist thread - they really need to overhaul it. They have done the big tour, earnt the millions, given the casuals the chance to catch Axl and Slash on stage - let’s move to the next stage.

The next tour will NOT compete in terms of  gross so no point trying to tour endlessly to do that. IMO they should:-

1) Play less gigs - more rest time in between

2) Overhaul the setlist - more variety and play stuff which is within Axls abilities (new material would help too.....).

3) Generally - need to sort the tempos as since Slash and Duff came back some stuff is too fast. Plus - be smart with the setlist order......Rocket Queen followed by You Could Be Mine and then Shadow Of Your Love is just ridiculous!! Neither wonder Axl sounds knackered half the time.

All very sensible things to do! 

Whether they happen or not.......

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, DTV88 said:

“The New Album Thread”

:lol:

It’ll happen.....might be a while....but it will happen. Absolutely no chance they can tour for next 10 years on no new material. What was it the tour advertisement said - “ready to rule the next decade”......not on nostalgia you can’t.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Mygnr in 2026: The tenth anniversary of NITL is the perfect time to finally release the new album. It didn't make sense to release it before now, it would've been too soon and a band like GNR can't just rush into things. But I'm sure Fernando's daughter will update us any day now.

Mygnr in 2027: Well, they couldn't release a new album and a line of NITL anniversary t-shirts. But they've obviously been working on stuff and they wouldn't record all those songs and not release them. Slash seems optimistic!

Mygnr in 2028: Guys, nobody has seen Axl in 8 years, I'm starting to think maybe the album isn't coming as soon as we thought it would... but Fernando said on Discorddit that we'd hear something "new" soon.

...and so on.

God this is so sad...

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...