The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

5 hours ago, allwaystired said:

I'm 100% of the view that Covid has nothing to do with the lack of new material in any way, shape or form.

It will be interesting to see what people say though when/if touring starts again and there is no new material........

agree.  I see many other bands releasing music.  Because they want to.  GnR does not want to and this was just another excuse in a long line of meaningless ones

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gavgnr said:

How long has it been since Susan said this? Anyone got a link to her Instagram post please?

She said it, out of the blue, on Brando’s podcast back in April.

Edited by Dean

39 minutes ago, Dean said:

Yup - and oddly she implied that she was given the he nod/encouragement to do it. Someone needs to ask for an update on her Instagram 😂.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

Like I said, if masks are still mandatory in the US, I think that situation is a studio-no-go for Axl, as I'd believe he wants to do it old school (at least partially), like physically being there with the boys, not remotely via technology, in which case he's not gonna do it with fucking masks on. That's not a mood in which you want to record a new - heavily important - record. We already know that every pin-drop, every glance matters. 

Edited by jamillos

4 minutes ago, Sledge said:

My band used a rehearsal space without masks. Then again we think of eachother like family and restrictions aren't too bad in Sydney

Right, but that's rehearsing. Recording would involve sound engineers etc., and some people like going by the rules. And if I'm right, a mere glimpse of something like that might kill Axl's mood for the day or worse, and we may be in for a new SMKC record instead, with Axl locked up in his Malibu mansion for another year, just tweeting about politics...

9 hours ago, Dean said:

Wasn’t there an also an Instagram post where she got all gooey about the tour but also mentioned a new record? If memory serves she then amended the post to refer only to the tour

6 hours ago, jamillos said:

Like I said, if masks are still mandatory in the US, I think that situation is a studio-no-go for Axl, as I'd believe he wants to do it old school (at least partially), like physically being there with the boys, not remotely via technology, in which case he's not gonna do it with fucking masks on. That's not a mood in which you want to record a new - heavily important - record. We already know that every pin-drop, every glance matters. 

I suppose it possible the vocals are already done....(you never know) and regarding the studio.....I’d wager it’s properly top-of-the-line so it will have everything needed for vocals to be recorded in the current situation as @Popcorn crew said.

We know Slash was there pre-lockdown, who’s to say he/Duff etc haven’t been there during? 🤷🏼‍♂️

3 minutes ago, BigVanVader said:

Rock stars worrying about the Rona' makes me think of this image.

We all know that guy : drugmemes

Haha! 

I can never believe the hypocrisy of people who advocate for fair-trade, ethical goods, Amnesty international, environmental friendly etc etc. All great things of course.....then happily buy class A drugs, conveniently ignoring the trail of misery and exploitation that this causes. 

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

I suppose it possible the vocals are already done....(you never know) and regarding the studio.....I’d wager it’s properly top-of-the-line so it will have everything needed for vocals to be recorded in the current situation as @Popcorn crew said.

We know Slash was there pre-lockdown, who’s to say he/Duff etc haven’t been there during? 🤷🏼‍♂️

It's all possible, I just hope they either create, jam, or even record at least something together, you know, old time. But yeah, we know they've been jamming. In fact, the record may have already been done as we speak. 

Hmmm...The t-rex tribute just came out including Keshas version of Children of the revolution, U2 feat. Elton John doing Get it on and so on. GNR were largely rumored to have their own new version of Children of the revolution here, but as always no GNR to be seen. 

Several sources claim to know that this track was specifically recorded by reformed GNR and to be included on the (then) upcoming T rex tribute.

17 minutes ago, jamillos said:

It's all possible, I just hope they either create, jam, or even record at least something together, you know, old time. But yeah, we know they've been jamming. In fact, the record may have already been done as we speak. 

Fingers crossed it’s been done. 👍

1 hour ago, betterman said:

Hmmm...The t-rex tribute just came out including Keshas version of Children of the revolution, U2 feat. Elton John doing Get it on and so on. GNR were largely rumored to have their own new version of Children of the revolution here, but as always no GNR to be seen. 

Several sources claim to know that this track was specifically recorded by reformed GNR and to be included on the (then) upcoming T rex tribute.

Which sources? 

All I remember hearing is that the person who was putting it together was asked and said there was no GNR involvement in it whatsoever, and he knew nothing about it. 

• Like 1

I wouldn't be surprised if most of the vocal takes on the new album are 1999-201X 

I know this is unlikely, but I hope they keep some of the instrumental bits from the CD era lineup. Imagine Frank re-recording all of Brain's drums. Painful. I'm OK with Duff rerecording bass, and even Slash re-recording some of the bluesy guitar parts, I just hope we get some of the best of Robin and Bucket. At least we will probably have more of a Richard presence on the next album. I'd even settle with Richard re-recording some of the more challenging Robin and Bucket takes. 

25 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Which sources? 

All I remember hearing is that the person who was putting it together was asked and said there was no GNR involvement in it whatsoever, and he knew nothing about it. 

Yeah, you are right, i read it in this forum.

• Like 1