The "New Album" Thread - Susan McKagan says album is coming

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Axl is close to 60 Reunion is now over 4 years old The last unheard new song was played in 2006 The last studio album was in 2008 The last new song before that in 1999 Every s

Grandma's hamster has never been in safer hands.

I like the idea of being on my death bed, saying "just refresh that page one more time for me....I'm pretty sure that insider was full of shit, but I want to be totally sure....." 

Posted Images

Just now, Sweersa said:

I'm asking because my Mercedes only has a cassette tape player. :)

After the album drops in 2030, it would be nice to have it in my Benz. :D

Haha! 

I do actually wish we were at the stage of discussing what formats this (at present fictional) album will be released on seriously! Sadly we're still at the stage of debating whether the album is even being made! 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Sweersa said:

What are the odds of the eventual new album being released on cassette tape in the United States? Vinyl and CD is assumed.

By the time it is released cassettes will be back in fashion.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

COVID was a convenient excuse for this bands ineptitude in being able to re-release anything other than a shitty record that the daft shits tried to block in the first place.

Tell you what, I’m seeing the negativity grow across all the forums and even on the FB posts by GNR. One upon a time the latter contained nothing but posts by nut swingers. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, surforia said:

I still check this thread everyday, but why?  It's an existential question.

1. It's a question for the management. 2. Move on. 

Edited by jamillos
  • Haha 1
34 minutes ago, DurhamGirl said:

There is nothing in the utterences of GnR & co that makes me believe there will ever be new music :blink:

Except that you get to hear 'new' GNR music still... Im jealous! lol

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, allwaystired said:

I'm 100% of the view that Covid has nothing to do with the lack of new material in any way, shape or form.

It will be interesting to see what people say though when/if touring starts again and there is no new material........

agree.  I see many other bands releasing music.  Because they want to.  GnR does not want to and this was just another excuse in a long line of meaningless ones

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Robert39 said:

unless Izzy is coming back to the fold, we get nothing............ It's just a gig !!

Without Izzy it will probably just sound like watered down and over produced garbage anyway...

• Like 1
1 hour ago, gavgnr said:

How long has it been since Susan said this? Anyone got a link to her Instagram post please?

She said it, out of the blue, on Brando’s podcast back in April.

Edited by Dean
39 minutes ago, Dean said:

Yup - and oddly she implied that she was given the he nod/encouragement to do it. Someone needs to ask for an update on her Instagram 😂.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

Like I said, if masks are still mandatory in the US, I think that situation is a studio-no-go for Axl, as I'd believe he wants to do it old school (at least partially), like physically being there with the boys, not remotely via technology, in which case he's not gonna do it with fucking masks on. That's not a mood in which you want to record a new - heavily important - record. We already know that every pin-drop, every glance matters. 

Edited by jamillos
4 minutes ago, Sledge said:

My band used a rehearsal space without masks. Then again we think of eachother like family and restrictions aren't too bad in Sydney

Right, but that's rehearsing. Recording would involve sound engineers etc., and some people like going by the rules. And if I'm right, a mere glimpse of something like that might kill Axl's mood for the day or worse, and we may be in for a new SMKC record instead, with Axl locked up in his Malibu mansion for another year, just tweeting about politics...

9 hours ago, Dean said:

Wasn’t there an also an Instagram post where she got all gooey about the tour but also mentioned a new record? If memory serves she then amended the post to refer only to the tour