The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

I really have to commend you all on your optimism.   Once again they have not contributed to a record and most others have, once again.  If I were you anything that is not written/said by Axl take it as an untruth.  I dont know what the name or the point of their game is, manybe they need everyone to become bored with them to frighten them into doing something.  Tis sad and sooooo frustrating.

Why do you think an album is in the works, what is it you see?

Edited by DurhamGirl

15 minutes ago, DurhamGirl said:

I really have to commend you all on your optimism.   Once again they have not contributed to a record and most others have, once again.  If I were you anything that is not written/said by Axl take it as an untruth.  I dont know what the name or the point of their game is, manybe they need everyone to become bored with them to frighten them into doing something.  Tis sad and sooooo frustrating.

Why do you think an album is in the works, what is it you see?

Cause the key members said so. I don't remember Slash ever lying in the past when he said they were working on something. All those in the know confirm it. We have proof of them having jammed in Axl's studio. I give exactly zero credibility to their "manager" and what he says about it, but if Slash and Duff confirm it, I have no reason to doubt it, never had. Any release date and the time it's been taking is a whole different story. Look at it this way: in a different universe, this actually could have been just a nostalgia act (I know it's kinda looked like it since 2018), with the guys openly admitting there's no other future beyond touring the greatest hits. But that's not GN'R's case, and god am I grateful for that. 

I have no problems bitching and messing around, because the guys friggin' deserve it, let's be honest. But sometimes I look at the big picture - and it's still great. We're getting an album, and Axl still is a beast - when he wants to, that is. All cool. 

Edited by jamillos
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, betterman said:

Apparently, Classic Rock (magazine) as far as I remember meant to have sources claiming this

Also been talked about "as fact" on other forums/discords

Load of bullshit then.

If the guy making the album said he had no idea about it and that it wasn't happening then the word of 'insiders' on forums is just the usual nonsense we've had for years. 

10 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Cause the key members said so. I don't remember Slash ever lying in the past when he said they were working on something. All those in the know confirm it. We have proof of them having jammed in Axl's studio. I give exactly zero credibility to their "manager" and what he says about it, but if Slash and Duff confirm it, I have no reason to doubt it, never had. Any release date and the time it's been taking is a whole different story. Look at it this way: in a different universe, this actually could have been just a nostalgia act (I know it's kinda looked like it since 2018), with the guys openly admitting there's no other future beyond touring the greatest hits. But that's not GN'R's case, and god am I grateful for that. 

I have no problems bitching and messing around, because the guys friggin' deserve it, let's be honest. But sometimes I look at the big picture - and it's still great. We're getting an album, and Axl still is a beast - when he wants to, that is. All cool. 

It is a nostalgia act though at this stage, until the moment they do something new or different. There's no getting around that fact. 

I've no doubt Slash and Duff want new material.....but I feel they're constantly putting a positive spin on the age old 'playing each other ideas' thing we've had for years. It's vague and evasive comments all the way. At this stage it would probably take a studio photo to convince me anything serious is happening. 

Edited by allwaystired

16 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

It is a nostalgia act though at this stage, until the moment they do something new or different. There's no getting around that fact. 

I've no doubt Slash and Duff want new material.....but I feel they're constantly putting a positive spin on the age old 'playing each other ideas' thing we've had for years. It's vague and evasive comments all the way. At this stage it would probably take a studio photo to convince me anything serious is happening. 

Absolutely legit point. I just think they run that old "let’s be mysterious" mode, which is not cool any more – especially in their situation – but go tell them that, right.

I think the time perspective is the key. Did they use their spare time throughout NITL to work on GNR stuff, or was it relaxing and possibly doing solo gigs? Was the plan not to begin any serious work until this year, and then it got fucked over by the virus? Because if so, then we’re talking months, not years. What gets me personally frustrated way more is the lack of communication, and like you say – why not post a single damn picture of the three from a studio, including Axl? One shot, all it takes, and people would have fuel for months. But oh well, as usual...

Edited by jamillos
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Absolutely legit point. I just think they run that old "let’s be mysterious" mode, which is not cool any more – especially in their situation – but go tell them that, right.

I think the time perspective is the key. Did they use their spare time throughout NITL to work on GNR stuff, or was it relaxing and possibly doing solo gigs? Was the plan not to begin any serious work until this year, and then it got fucked over by the virus? Because if so, then we’re talking months, not years. What gets me personally frustrated way more is the lack of communication, and like you say – why not post a single damn picture of the three from a studio, including Axl? One shot, all it takes, and people would have fuel for months. But oh well, as usual...

I totally agree. 

I think the problem with the 'mysterious' too is that we're coming at it from years of nonsense. Most of my favourite bands are pretty private, and just do their own thing, but you have years of confidence and faith built up in them. They're quiet....but you know some new material will come up. And if they say it's coming you know it definitely is. 

The GNR approach is victim to 'fool me once, shame on me....fool me twice shame on you' I think. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, gavgnr said:

Wasn’t there an also an Instagram post where she got all gooey about the tour but also mentioned a new record? If memory serves she then amended the post to refer only to the tour

Doesn't ring a bell though I'm sure someone will remember!

Just now, Sweersa said:

She talked about a new album on some podcast. I remember hearing her saying it, sort of out of the blue. It was on this forum too, or at least someone posted it.

Yeah, she mentioned that on Brando's podcast back in April, but apparently there was some Instagram comment she made, then quickly edited it when she realised she may have said too much!

3 minutes ago, Dean said:

Yeah, she mentioned that on Brando's podcast back in April, but apparently there was some Instagram comment she made, then quickly edited it when she realised she may have said too much!

Ohhh interesting! Would be good to know what she had said.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jamillos said:

You have been here a lot longer than me so I shall take your word for it and hope for new music ;)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, gavgnr said:

Wasn’t there an also an Instagram post where she got all gooey about the tour but also mentioned a new record? If memory serves she then amended the post to refer only to the tour

I’m not sure if she did?

but what you are describing reminds me a lot of a different insta  post. She talked about being out on tour with the band. She gave their itinerary of countries and her wording made it seem like she was breaking the news of another US run. And that run was hotly speculated at the time.

She quickly amended that post.

Is it possible that’s what you’ve got in mind?

37 minutes ago, gavgnr said:

Yep, I think you’re right.

I think we just need another leakfest, clear the vaults and let the band release a new album when and if they choose. Who’s with me? 

I'd love to have several more discs leak of what was done up to 2006, which is approximately 2.5 albums worth of material according to Axl in his 2006 Eddie Trunk interview. Or better yet, material similar to this in volume but before Bumblefoot recorded anything. 

History shows additional leaks are probable, if not likely. Even if not, we very-well could get all of that as some sort of deluxe CD anniversary re-release or something in 2028 or whatever. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, gavgnr said:

Yep, I think you’re right.

I think we just need another leakfest, clear the vaults and let the band release a new album when and if they choose. Who’s with me? 

Sign me up! Now - we just need to work out how to get the songs leaked 😂

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, betterman said:

Hmmm...The t-rex tribute just came out including Keshas version of Children of the revolution, U2 feat. Elton John doing Get it on and so on. GNR were largely rumored to have their own new version of Children of the revolution here, but as always no GNR to be seen. 

Several sources claim to know that this track was specifically recorded by reformed GNR and to be included on the (then) upcoming T rex tribute.

Even if this were true, the last thing I want from GnR is yet another cover.

Axl is creatively bankrupt and has been for years. I think people are really delusional about what newly written music is gonna sound like from a 60 year old Axl, compared to his past material. The best to hope for would be a release of everything in the vault, which I’d be very happy with. Hopefully they are reworking some old Axl tunes and not making some stupid “Rock or Bust” type generic ac/dc type album. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, YourMother'sDruthers said:

Axl is creatively bankrupt and has been for years. I think people are really delusional about what newly written music is gonna sound like from a 60 year old Axl, compared to his past material. The best to hope for would be a release of everything in the vault, which I’d be very happy with. Hopefully they are reworking some old Axl tunes and not making some stupid “Rock or Bust” type generic ac/dc type album. 

I enjoyed Rock or Bust.

Ronseal. That's what you want from ACDC.

• Haha 2