The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

On 04/09/2020 at 2:25 PM, jamillos said:

Right, but that's rehearsing. Recording would involve sound engineers etc., and some people like going by the rules. And if I'm right, a mere glimpse of something like that might kill Axl's mood for the day or worse, and we may be in for a new SMKC record instead, with Axl locked up in his Malibu mansion for another year, just tweeting about politics...

Rehearsal studio has a recording studio upstairs

12 hours ago, jackparker123 said:

That album needs to leak on Christmas Day if nothing concrete  regarding new material emerges from GNR in 2020.

#TheNextChapter

If all of the rumors of a "turned in" rejected 2010 album are true, there is a possibility as I'd imagine such an album was circulated within the industry. 

• GNFNR 1

I’m positive that there’s people out there with cd-rs full of unreleased GNR tunes. They’re probably sitting on a shelf somewhere and not been dusted off for years. Nobody gives a shit but us.

We need to start an internet campaign or something like that. Maybe a contribution to a Covid or other charitable cause. If a few thousand GNR fans contributed the cost of a cd to a fund, made this publicly known. Someone somewhere would get wind and hook us up. Ok I’ve had too much coffee 😂

10 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

Well... Rock or bust was a bit of a vault album. Old material Angus and Malcom had written etc. 

Creatively bankrupt and Axl are said far too regularly around here. There is a big difference between not releasing music and being creatively bankrupt. According to people who interact with him, he is always writing and recording, so I think if anything he has too many creative ideas and he just needs to be focussed. 

There are also artists in their 60s still playing and creating great music. And that discussion was had a few months back, and people listed so, so many great older artist who have released great music in the last few years! One off the top of my head is Paul Simon, incredible live and if anything his songwriting just gets better and better.

If you or anyone else is going to set rules for what a new GNR record can be, you are just going to disappoint yourself. I am fully open to whatever form a new album takes. I'll listen to it, then listen again! only then will I decide if I like it or not. I'm not going to decide whether I like GNRs unreleased album before I hear it, or because I heard demos from 1999. 

Great post.

6 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

It's quite difficult to take any view on Axl's creativity really as we have seen nothing in so long now. Perhaps he isn't creative at all, perhaps incredibly so. 

All we know for sure is that he doesn't want to share any of it. 

Fernando said in the chats on Reddit that since the release of Chinese, Axl has continued to write and create music, which is very good to know

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Dean said:

Fernando said in the chats on Reddit that since the release of Chinese, Axl has continued to write and create music, which is very good to know

I was just about to mention that - he was asked quite specifically if Axl was still writing/creating and it was an confirmed. Unfortunately it becomes a case of whether anyone believes this or not.....I do but I’m just trying to remain positive!

9 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

I was just about to mention that - he was asked quite specifically if Axl was still writing/creating and it was an confirmed. Unfortunately it becomes a case of whether anyone believes this or not.....I do but I’m just trying to remain positive!

Positivity is key my good man. Always hard to do when it comes to this band, but signs show that something is happening. Here’s hoping we’ve got a fruitful period ahead of us and Axl makes up for the lack of output over the years. Still a lot left in the tank!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dean said:

Positivity is key my good man. Always hard to do when it comes to this band, but signs show that something is happening. Here’s hoping we’ve got a fruitful period ahead of us and Axl makes up for the lack of output over the years. Still a lot left in the tank!

I know mate. There has been too many positive indicators to suggest we will get something.

And - if we don’t get anything....it’s not going to make me enjoy what we have any less and it’s not the end of the world! 😂

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

9 hours ago, Entman said:

ok we're officially on page 250 of this thread, can we get an "UPDATE: She lied" in the title?

I suppose, technically speaking, this is only possible if they release music that is fucking dug shite (not possible with that ginger cunt on vocals), as she did say she was very impressed with what she heard!

15 hours ago, Entman said:

ok we're officially on page 250 of this thread, can we get an "UPDATE: She lied" in the title?

Possible updates:

"She Lied"

"She Was Misinformed"

"She Doesn't Know Jack-Shit About What's Going On"

"She's Getting A Free Copy Of Greatest Hits On Vinyl If She Doesn't Open Her Mouth Anymore"

• Haha 2

On 9/5/2020 at 5:02 PM, gavgnr said:

I’m positive that there’s people out there with cd-rs full of unreleased GNR tunes. They’re probably sitting on a shelf somewhere and not been dusted off for years. Nobody gives a shit but us.

We need to start an internet campaign or something like that. Maybe a contribution to a Covid or other charitable cause. If a few thousand GNR fans contributed the cost of a cd to a fund, made this publicly known. Someone somewhere would get wind and hook us up. Ok I’ve had too much coffee 😂

I'm not trying to flex or anything, but I do operate a YouTube channel with almost 80,000 subscribers. Each video I post usually gets 5-10k views, unless they go viral, which some do. I have seriously thought about somehow utilizing my channel as a platform to request rare GN'R material. Doesn't quite fit my theme (99% cat videos) but I may work it out in a video. Of course there's a potential legal issue too, but I'd approach it lightly to avoid trouble. 

3 hours ago, Sweersa said:

I'm not trying to flex or anything, but I do operate a YouTube channel with almost 80,000 subscribers. Each video I post usually gets 5-10k views, unless they go viral, which some do. I have seriously thought about somehow utilizing my channel as a platform to request rare GN'R material. Doesn't quite fit my theme (99% cat videos) but I may work it out in a video. Of course there's a potential legal issue too, but I'd approach it lightly to avoid trouble. 

Probably not worth it, sadly. I think it would probably up a can of worms, lunatics and legal threats that wouldn't bring anything positive. Just think of some of the things that have gone on in the past....

Honestly, since the shows for next year have been reduced to a small handful, waiting until they can tour is pointless now imo. Plus, putting the album out now would be a great excuse to not have to do things like press, music videos, etc. (“we are social distancing!!”).

The whole “we are waiting until we can tour again” excuse is total bullshit. They just don’t wanna put anything out. Simple as that!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

Probably not worth it, sadly. I think it would probably up a can of worms, lunatics and legal threats that wouldn't bring anything positive. Just think of some of the things that have gone on in the past....

No doubt, probably best not to try.

If Guns wanted to release something and hired a proper creative/promotional team they could have the hugest online event of the pandemic. Hands down.

Interviews, remote guests, behind the scenes making of doc, as a pre-show. And then stream the album with visuals and band pics. have it set so that people around the world can post videos from their listening parties live in a caption right next to the album stream. 

Have their illustrious peers react to the album afterwards. So many possibilities to make it a huge event. One could imagine that the same amount of people who've bought ticket since NITL would take part in the event.

• Like 4