The "New Album" Thread - Susan McKagan says album is coming

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Grandma's hamster has never been in safer hands.

Axl is close to 60 Reunion is now over 4 years old The last unheard new song was played in 2006 The last studio album was in 2008 The last new song before that in 1999 Every s

Might as well bust this out again:

Posted Images

9 hours ago, Entman said:

ok we're officially on page 250 of this thread, can we get an "UPDATE: She lied" in the title?

I suppose, technically speaking, this is only possible if they release music that is fucking dug shite (not possible with that ginger cunt on vocals), as she did say she was very impressed with what she heard!

15 hours ago, Entman said:

ok we're officially on page 250 of this thread, can we get an "UPDATE: She lied" in the title?

Possible updates:

"She Lied"

"She Was Misinformed"

"She Doesn't Know Jack-Shit About What's Going On"

"She's Getting A Free Copy Of Greatest Hits On Vinyl If She Doesn't Open Her Mouth Anymore"

• Haha 2
On 9/5/2020 at 5:02 PM, gavgnr said:

I’m positive that there’s people out there with cd-rs full of unreleased GNR tunes. They’re probably sitting on a shelf somewhere and not been dusted off for years. Nobody gives a shit but us.

We need to start an internet campaign or something like that. Maybe a contribution to a Covid or other charitable cause. If a few thousand GNR fans contributed the cost of a cd to a fund, made this publicly known. Someone somewhere would get wind and hook us up. Ok I’ve had too much coffee 😂

I'm not trying to flex or anything, but I do operate a YouTube channel with almost 80,000 subscribers. Each video I post usually gets 5-10k views, unless they go viral, which some do. I have seriously thought about somehow utilizing my channel as a platform to request rare GN'R material. Doesn't quite fit my theme (99% cat videos) but I may work it out in a video. Of course there's a potential legal issue too, but I'd approach it lightly to avoid trouble. 

3 hours ago, Sweersa said:

I'm not trying to flex or anything, but I do operate a YouTube channel with almost 80,000 subscribers. Each video I post usually gets 5-10k views, unless they go viral, which some do. I have seriously thought about somehow utilizing my channel as a platform to request rare GN'R material. Doesn't quite fit my theme (99% cat videos) but I may work it out in a video. Of course there's a potential legal issue too, but I'd approach it lightly to avoid trouble. 

Probably not worth it, sadly. I think it would probably up a can of worms, lunatics and legal threats that wouldn't bring anything positive. Just think of some of the things that have gone on in the past....

Honestly, since the shows for next year have been reduced to a small handful, waiting until they can tour is pointless now imo. Plus, putting the album out now would be a great excuse to not have to do things like press, music videos, etc. (“we are social distancing!!”).

The whole “we are waiting until we can tour again” excuse is total bullshit. They just don’t wanna put anything out. Simple as that!

• Like 3
1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

Probably not worth it, sadly. I think it would probably up a can of worms, lunatics and legal threats that wouldn't bring anything positive. Just think of some of the things that have gone on in the past....

No doubt, probably best not to try.

If Guns wanted to release something and hired a proper creative/promotional team they could have the hugest online event of the pandemic. Hands down.

Interviews, remote guests, behind the scenes making of doc, as a pre-show. And then stream the album with visuals and band pics. have it set so that people around the world can post videos from their listening parties live in a caption right next to the album stream. 

Have their illustrious peers react to the album afterwards. So many possibilities to make it a huge event. One could imagine that the same amount of people who've bought ticket since NITL would take part in the event.

• Like 4

What gets me is guns has no trouble releasing concert shirts, lithographs and frisbees and toy trucks but not anything substantive that fans would jump all over. Easy $$ option much?

Edited by gavgnr
  • Like 2
  • GNFNR 1
3 hours ago, soon said:

If Guns wanted to release something and hired a proper creative/promotional team they could have the hugest online event of the pandemic. Hands down.

Interviews, remote guests, behind the scenes making of doc, as a pre-show. And then stream the album with visuals and band pics. have it set so that people around the world can post videos from their listening parties live in a caption right next to the album stream. 

Have their illustrious peers react to the album afterwards. So many possibilities to make it a huge event. One could imagine that the same amount of people who've bought ticket since NITL would take part in the event.

When you read about exciting and fucking cool ideas like this and then look at Gnr reality...no words.

• Like 4

My hope for a new album next year quickly dwindle as I realize 2021 is the 30th anniversary of UYI and they will want to milk that as much as possible. Probably not smart for both things to be so close to each other from their point of view. Hopefully it will be a good UYI anniversary atleast with the PC documentary and some official pro shot gigs. But probably not lol. Even if it comes out, that documentary footage will be heavily edited, I mean the exchange between Axl and Kurt at the 92 VMAs was filmed by the crew, we probably won't get to see such interesting things.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

I wonder how much stuff Axl has written was sold to other bands.  Like the rights to Crash Diet were sold and I think someone mentioned that one if last years leaks became a song by another band.  

maybe this is a question Brando @Gambit83 could ask a guest (Doug?) if the opportunity presents itself?

I just think there might be more of Axls music out there than we think.

Edited by Chester 524
  • Like 1

Most big bands do this in the sunset of their careers, but Gnr skipped the best part of their careers and went straight to ripping off loyal fans, and to tease new music after it has been teased for decades is bloody disgusting, to trade what they had for greed still blows my mind 

• Like 2
46 minutes ago, tony adler said:

Most big bands do this in the sunset of their careers, but Gnr skipped the best part of their careers and went straight to ripping off loyal fans, and to tease new music after it has been teased for decades is bloody disgusting, to trade what they had for greed still blows my mind 

GN'R career has been in the sunset since the late 1990s. 

10 minutes ago, Majestic Beast said:

With so much rehearsals and work in the studio,they should release a 4 disc pack with completely new material.:lol::slash:

They could release 100 CD's ($10.00 each) from the Demos alone, but the Management has no idea about Marketing and Distribution. 

Edited by Sosso
  • Like 1