The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

3 hours ago, Sweersa said:

The Vegas blu ray.

That ain't Guns N Roses. That's a horrible representation of a shitty cover band.

And it's a live DVD, not an album of original material. Even Axl knew Ashba and Bumblefoot weren't the right fit.

Edited by DTV88
Edit
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Voodoochild said:

I'm surprised on how many of you like Ashba's Better. IMO, that was absolutely dreadful. Everything on that version sounds worse, even his guitar tone during the solo (which he didn't bother to play the second part as he used to do in the live performances).

Goth music just doesn't do it for me. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, DTV88 said:

That ain't Guns N Roses. That's a horrible representation of a shitty cover band.

You can deny it all you like, but it was Guns N' Roses. Just because you didn't like the lineup at the time, doesn't mean it was a cover band. One could say the current lineup is a cover band because Izzy is not in it. One could argue the AFD or UYI lineups were a cover band too, because Tracii Guns was not in the band then, and his name is in the name of the band.

I dislike the Disney Star Wars sequel trilogy compared to the 6 other films in the saga, but it's Star Wars, and will always be, regardless of my feelings towards it. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Voodoochild said:

I'm surprised on how many of you like Ashba's Better. IMO, that was absolutely dreadful. Everything on that version sounds worse, even his guitar tone during the solo (which he didn't bother to play the second part as he used to do in the live performances).

Maybe it was recorded before they played it live, who knows. I liked it. Recently Ashba said he didn't record on any tracks that didn't make CD, but perhaps he was not referring to the remix track. I thought he had some recording on some material. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

Maybe it was recorded before they played it live, who knows. I liked it. Recently Ashba said he didn't record on any tracks that didn't make CD, but perhaps he was not referring to the remix track. I thought he had some recording on some material. 

I tweeted him when he done that Q&A about ever hitting the studio with Axl, he liked the tweet but never replied.

I also think he is unaware how far back the Chinese sessions date, so when people ask him if he played on Chinese Democracy material, he assumes they are talking about the album’s 14 tracks and not songs from the same sessions that at least to his knowledge are “new” songs. That’s my thoughts anyway.

14 minutes ago, Dean said:

I tweeted him when he done that Q&A about ever hitting the studio with Axl, he liked the tweet but never replied.

I also think he is unaware how far back the Chinese sessions date, so when people ask him if he played on Chinese Democracy material, he assumes they are talking about the album’s 14 tracks and not songs from the same sessions that at least to his knowledge are “new” songs. That’s my thoughts anyway.

Interesting, I swear I saw him respond, perhaps it was to another, similar tweet. In that event, he very well may have been referring to the actual album since it was released before he was in the band. 

1 minute ago, Sweersa said:

Interesting, I swear I saw him respond, perhaps it was to another, similar tweet. In that event, he very well may have been referring to the actual album since it was released before he was in the band. 

Yeah you would have, I’m pretty sure we’re on about the same one, I just threw in my experience as it was slightly different to “did you play on Chinese stuff?” where he’d be allowed to shoot it down where as I was sort of angling for a positive reply.

49 minutes ago, Dean said:

Yeah you would have, I’m pretty sure we’re on about the same one, I just threw in my experience as it was slightly different to “did you play on Chinese stuff?” where he’d be allowed to shoot it down where as I was sort of angling for a positive reply.

You would think with him being out of the band for so long, he would have replied with info. 

1 hour ago, Dean said:

32 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

You would think with him being out of the band for so long, he would have replied with info. 

Has Pitman ever spoken about his time in the band? I’m sure he would be a goldmine of info!

I liked Ashbas version, which came as a surprise to me. It somehow reminded me of a 'still life, character study, indie film' and I dig those types of films. It made me feel like I feel when Im immersed in that type of a film. Dreamy and cathartic, maybe.

Or I guess, to a lesser extent it reminds me of those trailers for action films that has really quiet and sparse music to contrast the flashes of action and explosions in the trailer.

In both cases, I dig that type of sound design. So it kinda worked for me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sweersa said:

You can deny it all you like, but it was Guns N' Roses. Just because you didn't like the lineup at the time, doesn't mean it was a cover band. One could say the current lineup is a cover band because Izzy is not in it. One could argue the AFD or UYI lineups were a cover band too, because Tracii Guns was not in the band then, and his name is in the name of the band.

I dislike the Disney Star Wars sequel trilogy compared to the 6 other films in the saga, but it's Star Wars, and will always be, regardless of my feelings towards it. 

Nope. And as much as I like most of CD and some of the leaks like Perhaps and Hardschool, that ain't GNR either. That's an Axl & friends project. You can argue all you want about what the title says, or how Axl views it, but there's a reason why the vast majority of fans feel the same. :shrugs:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DTJ80 said:

Has Pitman ever spoken about his time in the band? I’m sure he would be a goldmine of info!

We’ve had nothing but silence since his dismissal when it comes to Guns apart from his lawsuit against Axl for money that was due to him.

Pitman was a big part of Chinese and is all over the record. He contributed a great deal, but when he said, back in 2012 or so, that GN’R didn’t need to release a record, that soured him for me, as he was sat there with his arm around the interviewer. Fast forward 4 years and he’s calling it a cash grab/nostalgia act etc 😂😂😂

12 hours ago, DurhamGirl said:

Gosh you are all clinging to small bits and pieces of nothing at all concrete.  There is not going to ba an album of new musicreadon this forum to 2014 and you will find the same conversations an, guesses and nothing appeared.  I wish they would just come out and say there is no album but I suppose this could lose them some fans.

I've been around a lot longer than that and you're probably right, but to be fair, the situation now is a lot different than 2014. There's a hell of a lot more money in an album with Slash and Duff than a followup to Chinese Democracy by the (mostly) same band.

On 7/26/2020 at 7:17 PM, The Holographic Universe said:

It’s one of their best and the fact that Metallica wrote those songs in their mid 50’s is incredible. If GNR could release an album with the same quality I would be thrilled. 

Yeah, and any new GNR album with Axl, Slash and Duff would go straight to number 1. I do hope the band is doing something with all this down time. There's no excuse not to do new music unless you just don't want to. So I'm hoping some new music does come out of this horrible year from GNR>

1 hour ago, DTV88 said:

Nope. And as much as I like most of CD and some of the leaks like Perhaps and Hardschool, that ain't GNR either. That's an Axl & friends project. You can argue all you want about what the title says, or how Axl views it, but there's a reason why the vast majority of fans feel the same. :shrugs:

Most fans probably think Slash plays on Chinese Democracy. 

2 hours ago, DTJ80 said:

I've tried reaching Pitman over Instagram but have not had success. I have to believe he has a lot of info, in addition to music. Maybe he can take a page out of Tom Zutaut's book and make some of his money back with GN'R material in his possession. Haha

5 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

Most fans probably think Slash plays on Chinese Democracy. 

I've tried reaching Pitman over Instagram but have not had success. I have to believe he has a lot of info, in addition to music. Maybe he can take a page out of Tom Zutaut's book and make some of his money back with GN'R material in his possession. Haha

I wonder if he signed some of gagging order when he got his money?