The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

2 hours ago, jamillos said:

You had me in the first half, not gonna lie. 

I'm not too proud to admit I googled it too! 

1 hour ago, gavgnr said:

That would be quite something and would be a great thing for the band’s legacy 

It's about as likely as Elvis writing and recording a new album. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, El Guapo said:

I was never so bored with Guns N' Roses. The whole NuGnr era was pretty bad, but never this boring. 

It's incredible that 4.5 years after the reunion, they haven't even released a song let alone an album. People really thought things would change when Slash and Duff came back, and I was one of those people, but once I realized that Slash and Duff had essentially joined the NuGNR touring machine, my interest disappeared. Throw in the fact that Fermanager is an idiot who is openly rude to the fanbase, and I wonder why I still care at all...

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

It's incredible that 4.5 years after the reunion, they haven't even released a song let alone an album. People really thought things would change when Slash and Duff came back, and I was one of those people, but once I realized that Slash and Duff had essentially joined the NuGNR touring machine, my interest disappeared. Throw in the fact that Fermanager is an idiot who is openly rude to the fanbase, and I wonder why I still care at all...

There was a guy who predicted all that and you all laughed at him. Mother Goose was right!

GNR-120506-GCH9690.jpg

Edited by Sosso
  • Like 4

I fully believe if the reunion had not had happened, we would have had the follow-up to CD by 2020, at the latest. 

We know from Axl it had been recorded for a while, years ago, and I'm certain when the reunion was in the air a year or two leading up to 2016, they had to re-work at least some of it with Slash and Duff, perhaps Melissa and Frank, etc. which makes sense.

It really is a damn shame "new GN'R" only put out one album. At the very least, two would have been great since we know at least two albums and a half were done in 2006, per Axl in the Eddie Trunk radio show. I'd imagine they have done more since 2006 too, so who knows. Bumblefoot has said he had recorded on many other songs that were not on CD, and we know that to be true on some of the leaks with his guitar work. That means they may have up to 2+ albums of material in the vault now, not including stuff Axl never intends on releasing. 

Who knows what forms material like OMG2, Silkworms, State Of Grace, and Eye On You, etc. will take, if anything. Or unheard heavy Bucket guitar driven songs that we only got instrumentals of (mostly) from the Village leaks. As much as most of us would love to hear those, it would also be a shame if Bucket's stuff was re-recorded by Slash since their styles are very, very different. 

At this point, I'm thinking it best to come up with an album with a few of the best CD era songs that have yet to be released, along with totally new stuff with the current lineup. Then, years later, maybe the 15th or 20th anniversary of the 2008 CD album, drop a 3+ disc CD era set including CD2 and CD3 with many bonus tracks to possibly include a 4th disc with the alt covers or whatever. That would be killer. I'd pay $1,000 for that easy, but I'm a crazy fan like many of you. They could do a special flash drive with audio files like they did with AFD as an option too, include it all, 1999 Sean B produced album, the 2002 RTB album, etc. CD remix album, CD2, whatever DJ Ashba recorded with them, get it all out there for the die hard fans and take my money please. 

• Like 1

On 9/18/2020 at 1:12 AM, 2020_Intensions said:

Ya'll seriously are convincing yourself's that Axl can pull off DON'T DAMN ME now in 2020/2021? LOL he never even attempted it back during the peak of his career .... I know yous heard Dead Horse .... He can't even sing THAT song anymore ... 

Well there was slash doing the intro to fast when they first started it, then for some unknown reason they seem to fuck it up in the middle. I think axl comes in tk soon after the solo, and they dont know how to end it before axl does the spoken word stuff at the end. The times they have done it, they just seem out of synch.

Edited by Sydney Fan

12 hours ago, Sosso said:

There was a guy who predicted all that and you all laughed at him. Mother Goose was right!

GNR-120506-GCH9690.jpg

Pitman was part of the problem though. He had no qualms about taking the payday when he was in the band and only spouted the shite he did when he realised that they (MGMT) were making such a big fuss over Slash and Duff rejoining and wanted to have people guessing who was actually in the band (much like Axl done with Bumble in '06), that was when the toys got thrown out of the pram. Keeping in mind he was the one that said "Guns N' Roses do not need to release music". 

I'm a big fan of Pitman's work on Chinese, he was an integral part of it's creation, but attacking the fan base for something so miniscule when he took to Twitter after being on the drink? Fuck him. 

• Like 1

Honestly.... so so so so many missed opportunities with this band.

The fan base is lining up gagging for releases.

GnR should acknowledge that they have a very local passionate fan base, and reward them as such.

We compared GnR to Deep Purple a few weeks back on another topic, but to use the same band as a comparison - look at their discography. Or The Beatles. Or even bands like Lynyrd Skynyrd. Huge bands with loyal followings but who constantly release live albums, box sets, new albums, etc. New albums aside GnR could trawl through the archive and do the same - live releases for each line up / each era, vinyl box sets, remasters, deluxe editions. Not $1000, but multiple releases focussing on the music (not the box the music comes in). It wouldn't take a great amount of work and would better cement the legacy, whilst the average fans wouldn't even notice so wouldn't hurt the concert revenue. Most of us are completists and would buy all these types of releases, rewarding the band for their "art". Not just constantly pushing t-shirts or branded tat (and tattoos!).

That kind of approach is what separates artists from brands.

GnR are floating through a cesspit of drivel towards the latter, and it's almost beyond the point of no return. Almost.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, ToonGuns said:

GnR should acknowledge that they have a very local passionate fan base, and reward them as such.

We compared GnR to Deep Purple a few weeks back on another topic, but to use the same band as a comparison - look at their discography. Or The Beatles. Or even bands like Lynyrd Skynyrd. Huge bands with loyal followings but who constantly release live albums, box sets, new albums, etc. New albums aside GnR could trawl through the archive and do the same - live releases for each line up / each era, vinyl box sets, remasters, deluxe editions. Not $1000, but multiple releases focussing on the music (not the box the music comes in). It wouldn't take a great amount of work and would better cement the legacy, whilst the average fans wouldn't even notice so wouldn't hurt the concert revenue. Most of us are completists and would buy all these types of releases, rewarding the band for their "art". Not just constantly pushing t-shirts or branded tat (and tattoos!).

GnR are floating through a cesspit of drivel towards the latter, and it's almost beyond the point of no return. Almost.

I'm definitely on the way out. At this point, they would have to win me back, so to speak. That could still happen with great new music. If all they can do now is putting some lazy Slash solos on top of some mediocre Chinese leftovers, I'm probably done for good.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Sweersa said:

I fully believe if the reunion had not had happened, we would have had the follow-up to CD by 2020, at the latest. 

We know from Axl it had been recorded for a while, years ago, and I'm certain when the reunion was in the air a year or two leading up to 2016, they had to re-work at least some of it with Slash and Duff, perhaps Melissa and Frank, etc. which makes sense.

It really is a damn shame "new GN'R" only put out one album. At the very least, two would have been great since we know at least two albums and a half were done in 2006, per Axl in the Eddie Trunk radio show. I'd imagine they have done more since 2006 too, so who knows. Bumblefoot has said he had recorded on many other songs that were not on CD, and we know that to be true on some of the leaks with his guitar work. That means they may have up to 2+ albums of material in the vault now, not including stuff Axl never intends on releasing. 

Who knows what forms material like OMG2, Silkworms, State Of Grace, and Eye On You, etc. will take, if anything. Or unheard heavy Bucket guitar driven songs that we only got instrumentals of (mostly) from the Village leaks. As much as most of us would love to hear those, it would also be a shame if Bucket's stuff was re-recorded by Slash since their styles are very, very different. 

At this point, I'm thinking it best to come up with an album with a few of the best CD era songs that have yet to be released, along with totally new stuff with the current lineup. Then, years later, maybe the 15th or 20th anniversary of the 2008 CD album, drop a 3+ disc CD era set including CD2 and CD3 with many bonus tracks to possibly include a 4th disc with the alt covers or whatever. That would be killer. I'd pay $1,000 for that easy, but I'm a crazy fan like many of you. They could do a special flash drive with audio files like they did with AFD as an option too, include it all, 1999 Sean B produced album, the 2002 RTB album, etc. CD remix album, CD2, whatever DJ Ashba recorded with them, get it all out there for the die hard fans and take my money please. 

The band is a joke, you think Axl has all of those different versions to hand? He probably forgot they exist. Do GnR seem like the type of outfit that plan ahead for re releases and alternate versions? They have a few guys who suck axls dick, and a band that enjoy easy money. GnR have been a Myth since 2006. Pub bands are run better. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, El Guapo said:

I'm definitely on the way out. At this point, they would have to win me back, so to speak. That could still happen with great new music. If all they can do now is putting some lazy Slash solos on top of some mediocre Chinese leftovers, I'm probably done for good.

Look out your window, the big three are there in the rain with a boombox😄 "baby come back"

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, ToonGuns said:

GNR have a lot more in common with Van Halen than any other band. Run by a crazy control freak. Nobody knows what is going on. They release no statements, they are barely active... they've such a tangled history! anyway, a VH/GNR tour would be the perfect combo! 

I don't see gnr releasing any commemorative release of CD, and I don't see the label pushing for it either. Outside of the forums the interest levels in the music recorded between 1999-2015 is minimal... We would love to hear finished versions of the songs but I don't think it's a legitimate prospect outside of GNR releasing those songs as the next GNR album... at this point, I don't care. I'd rather hear an all new record that has songs written a few months/years ago and not 20+ year old songs, but it'll be what it'll be! BUT if it's good then who cares if the materials 20 years old or not?