Jump to content

The "New Album" Thread - Susan McKagan says album is coming


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Grandma's hamster has never been in safer hands.

Axl is close to 60 Reunion is now over 4 years old The last unheard new song was played in 2006 The last studio album was in 2008 The last new song before that in 1999 Every s

It's clearly going to be announced in a few days (or just after the holidays), along with the first single.

Posted Images

Man, a remix of UYI without the awful drum tone and hall reverb / bass chorus / weird ambience / weird Axl's voice effects would make my 2021. The whole production made the record age so poorly in comparison to TSI.

Note: I'm not bashing UYI, it's just that the mix doesn't do the songs much justice.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, DTJ80 said:

Someone reckoned (and it looked legit on the screen grab) one of the things written was “Don’t Damn....”. It could be related to the UYI boxset I guess?

Cant be to practice for playing live as it would kill Axl trying to sing that 😂.

I really think DDM is completely doable based on,

1. Its done early in the set while axls voice is fresh. Maybe third track in.

2. Its slowed down abit. Solos should still be the same speed as the album version.

Edited by Sydney Fan
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, soon said:

Oh, thanks. I must have missed that part of the discussion.

Axl singing DDM last we heard him - Sounding like a junk yard dogging attacking a poodle :lol:

But on a serious note, I know Duff has expressed regret for how often he used the chorus effects pedal on his parts on UYI. So possibly if he were working on UYI boxset it could be re-recording his parts without the chorus effect? I dunno. Guns loves re-recording bass parts, just ask Tommy.

Would be quite the play for Guns, the do a top to bottom remix and remaster - even with re-recorded parts in some cases - of UYI. Because the hardcore fan base desires it, generally speaking. Id obviously prefer a new album, but I could be excited about an overhauled UYI for at least a year. Like, maybe even as excited as I would be about a Frank album.

 

I dont know i think both illusions i would want to keep as is except,

Izzy more audible.

Production in line with TSI. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

I really think DDM is completely doable based on,

1. Its done early in the set while axls voice is fresh. Maybe third track in.

2. Its slowed down abit. Solos should still be the same speed as the album version.

Don’t get me wrong - I’d love to hear it. There would need to be changes as you say (although they haven’t been known to amend much to help Axls vocals up to this point). A couple of airings would be great just to hear it - doesn’t need to be a regular play.

Hugely underrated song.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, jafeijo said:

Man, a remix of UYI without the awful drum tone and hall reverb / bass chorus / weird ambience / weird Axl's voice effects would make my 2021. The whole production made the record age so poorly in comparison to TSI.

Note: I'm not bashing UYI, it's just that the mix doesn't do the songs much justice.

I totally agree that the mix is not excellent for all those reasons!

But... I believe it should be left as is. if they release a remix as a bonus then that's cool, but the original mix should remain... obviously with a remaster etc.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DTJ80 said:

Don’t get me wrong - I’d love to hear it. There would need to be changes as you say (although they haven’t been known to amend much to help Axls vocals up to this point). A couple of airings would be great just to hear it - doesn’t need to be a regular play.

Hugely underrated song.

Underated absolutely!. Love slashs solos in the song and the breakdown after the solo.

Edited by Sydney Fan
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

I dont know i think both illusions i would want to keep as is except,

Izzy more audible.

Production in line with TSI. 

I agree with your two points. Id go even further though, personally. Definitely more Izzy!

As long as they leave all of Axls sexy breathing sounds on tracks like So Fine alone! lol

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

Ya'll seriously are convincing yourself's that Axl can pull off DON'T DAMN ME now in 2020/2021? LOL he never even attempted it back during the peak of his career .... I know yous heard Dead Horse .... He can't even sing THAT song anymore ... 

Yeah, as much as I love Don't damn me, they really should not try that. :D

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DTV88 said:

This thread :facepalm:

Don’t worry, something tells me that GNR will soon begin to seriously consider thinking about how to possibly start getting ready to conceivably work on getting together to assemble new material for a likely future release in the foreseeable not-so-distant future.

  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, smokingarthur said:

Don’t worry, something tells me that GNR will soon begin to seriously consider thinking about how to possibly start getting ready to conceivably work on getting together to assemble new material for a likely future release in the foreseeable not-so-distant future.

Good enough for me. 👍

😂

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, smokingarthur said:

Don’t worry, something tells me that GNR will soon begin to seriously consider thinking about how to possibly start getting ready to conceivably work on getting together to assemble new material for a likely future release in the foreseeable not-so-distant future.

How many Tuesdays are left between now and 2034? ;)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, smokingarthur said:

Don’t worry, something tells me that GNR will soon begin to seriously consider thinking about how to possibly start getting ready to conceivably work on getting together to assemble new material for a likely future release in the foreseeable not-so-distant future.

Soon is the word 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...