The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

I also believe the first one is ready to go. But Fernando/Axl thinks it's unrespectful for the MONEY to release it now. You know, Duff mentioned that peope can't go to the record store. Yet, they can go and buy or order reharsed vinyl-version of that shitty "Greatest Hits" mess.

Mark my words. New AC/DC-album before the end of the year. What Guns N' Roses fans will get:

1.Answer to that lame "Guess what song"-update. This comes before christmas

2.One new "NITL-selects"

3.What would you want to see in "NITL-SELECTS" in spring 2021? -update

4.Christmas puzzle where Slash is wrong handed, again.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, axlvai said:

Im totally sure the new album is done. I mean ready to go. Now is on the Motherfucker's hands.

I'm totally sure the album doesn't even exist. I mean it's still at the 'jamming' stage. Now is when every other musical act are releasing albums. 

I'd fucking love to be wrong though. 

1 minute ago, allwaystired said:

Edited by allwaystired

20 minutes ago, ThePreacher said:

I also believe the first one is ready to go. But Fernando/Axl thinks it's unrespectful for the MONEY to release it now. You know, Duff mentioned that peope can't go to the record store. Yet, they can go and buy or order reharsed vinyl-version of that shitty "Greatest Hits" mess.

Mark my words. New AC/DC-album before the end of the year. What Guns N' Roses fans will get:

1.Answer to that lame "Guess what song"-update. This comes before christmas

2.One new "NITL-selects"

3.What would you want to see in "NITL-SELECTS" in spring 2021? -update

4.Christmas puzzle where Slash is wrong handed, again.

.....plus an assortment of truly bizaare 'Christmas 2020' items (tree baubles, Santa hats, wooly jumpers, candles, nativity scenes, Covid home testing kits, hand sanitizer, bleach, anti-depressants, etc.)

• Haha 4

On 9/26/2020 at 5:03 AM, jackparker123 said:

2021 will already be set aside for UYI so I can't see any concrete announcement of new music until 2022. And even then Axl will probably still find a way to push it into 2023 for the actual release date.

Nothing is happening soon.

15 years after TSI we got Chinese in 2008.

15 years after Chinese will we get the follow up in 2023??

Disney put out The Last Jedi and Solo in the same year.

What could possibly go wrong? LOL

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

I'm totally sure the album doesn't even exist. I mean it's still at the 'jamming' stage. Now is when every other musical act are releasing albums. 

I'd fucking love to be wrong though. 

I suppose that all depends on what the "new album" will look like. I have no doubt CD2 was done by 2008, at the latest.

So that album is done, and I would imagine the eventual new GN'R album will borrow heavily from it, if not take from it several songs, or a majority of that record, with bits or perhaps even entire instrumentals reworked with the current lineup. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

I suppose that all depends on what the "new album" will look like. I have no doubt CD2 was done by 2008, at the latest.

So that album is done, and I would imagine the eventual new GN'R album will borrow heavily from it, if not take from it several songs, or a majority of that record, with bits or perhaps even entire instrumentals reworked with the current lineup. 

I'm fairly confident that if anything comes it will be re-worked CD2 stuff rather than 'all new' material. 

I'm not convinced even that will happen though really. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sweersa said:

They are not going to keep guitars and bass from Tommy, Robin, Bumble, Bucket - same goes for the drums Frank will be on the majority if not all of the album... the only thing they might keep are Axls vocals from 10/20yrs ago.

The new album probably will be a lot of what was planned for CD II though I agree on that, but Slash and duff will be all over it, and I think they'll have a hand in remixing it and making it that bit rawer, best evidence of all this is how they approached the CD material live for NITL.

I think they are going to run into trouble though, deconstructing these songs and adding Slash over the top might be more difficult than it sounds... It would probably be easier and quicker to start from scratch! 

I think we're all hoping for a great 2021 surprise where they release a 50/50 album of raw rip your head of Slash hard rock, and then the rest is experimental huge epics by Axl...time will tell!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2020_Intensions said:

If so then a massive F YOU to her 

I don’t think there is any danger that’s what Susan was getting at with her comments - she was pretty clear it was new stuff.

I wish she would provide an update...😂

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

They are not going to keep guitars and bass from Tommy, Robin, Bumble, Bucket - same goes for the drums Frank will be on the majority if not all of the album... the only thing they might keep are Axls vocals from 10/20yrs ago.

The new album probably will be a lot of what was planned for CD II though I agree on that, but Slash and duff will be all over it, and I think they'll have a hand in remixing it and making it that bit rawer, best evidence of all this is how they approached the CD material live for NITL.

I think they are going to run into trouble though, deconstructing these songs and adding Slash over the top might be more difficult than it sounds... It would probably be easier and quicker to start from scratch! 

I think we're all hoping for a great 2021 surprise where they release a 50/50 album of raw rip your head of Slash hard rock, and then the rest is experimental huge epics by Axl...time will tell!

I think that is what we are all wanting - variety. Chuck in some acoustic tracks and we could have a Led Zep III/Physical Graffiti-type album which had everything. 👍

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

I think that is what we are all wanting - variety. Chuck in some acoustic tracks and we could have a Led Zep III/Physical Graffiti-type album which had everything. 👍

Like a best of... but with all new material! I'm sold! 

15 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

That's the most likely outcome, for sure. I'd prefer for them to keep CD2 with the CD-era musicians and release a double, one CD being CD2, the other being new stuff.