The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

4 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Looks like ACDC is gearing up for a new release... too bad Axl seemed to have been let go.

Incredible that a band whose lead singer had to pack up have been able to write, record and (soon) release a new album.....

.....actually, it isn't incredible. At all. Any and every other band seem to be managing to release highly successful albums throughout this year.

To believe the pandemic is ANYTHING to do with a total lack of new GNR material at this stage is sheer lunacy. 

• Like 2

I hope at some point someone writes a book about the "why" of Guns N' Roses.  I can think of so many great rock n' roll bands that have put more effort into making money off their efforts.  Hell, Led Zeppelin has done more to exploit its catalog than GNR.  It's baffling.  I don't want GNR releasing things as recklessly as The Who - making each compilation increasingly less important.  But, they can be like Led Zeppelin.  I'd be ok with that.

My bias tells me that there's money to be made selling their efforts.  I might be wrong but I don't think I am.  

Edited by Spike Killer

If a decently mixed 2006-2014 (or whatever) CD2 leaked, I'd be fully satisfied. 

Best case would be a volume of material like the locker leaks, but from that era of everything from the CD sessions.

At this point, something like that is possible, even if a smaller scale. 

• Like 1

As a huge AC/DC fan (with and without Axl), I'm very excited and can't wait to see what's in store. 

I love GN'R, they're my favorite band ever (unfortunately <_<), and I try to give them as many passes as possible, but it really is telling when dinosaurs like AC/DC seem to have their shit figured out in the current age. 

I didn't follow the journey to the release of Chinese Democracy as I was younger and hadn't become a fan yet. For someone who has - is this time period leading up to this supposed album "worse" than what it was waiting for Chinese? 

2 hours ago, Sweersa said:

That's the most likely outcome, for sure. I'd prefer for them to keep CD2 with the CD-era musicians and release a double, one CD being CD2, the other being new stuff.

I'd prefer to be listening to their new record and have been listening to it since 2012... but ya'know😄 

In a perfect world, us poor bastard fans of Chinese democracy would get to hear the mythical CD II untouched by Duff and Slash:drool:... But remember it could be worse, we could hear CD II without Duff and Slash... but Ashba had already had his way and re-recorded Robins parts:blink:

2 minutes ago, GNRfanJen said:

As a huge AC/DC fan (with and without Axl), I'm very excited and can't wait to see what's in store. 

I love GN'R, they're my favorite band ever (unfortunately <_<), and I try to give them as many passes as possible, but it really is telling when dinosaurs like AC/DC seem to have their shit figured out in the current age. 

I didn't follow the journey to the release of Chinese Democracy as I was younger and hadn't become a fan yet. For someone who has - is this time period leading up to this supposed album "worse" than what it was waiting for Chinese? 

In my view, way worse. 

Back then we knew without doubt that CD was being worked on, we'd hear snippets, and then started hearing songs played live from 2001 onwards. It took ages obviously, but we knew it was coming. 

It also just felt more exciting really. There was an unpredictability there, even if it was frustrating.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

I'd prefer to be listening to their new record and have been listening to it since 2012... but ya'know😄 

In a perfect world, us poor bastard fans of Chinese democracy would get to hear the mythical CD II untouched by Duff and Slash:drool:... But remember it could be worse, we could hear CD II without Duff and Slash... but Ashba had already had his way and re-recorded Robins parts:blink:

Back then, my hope was DJ would have only re-recorded very little, sort of like Bumble only did a few bits, instead of re-recording all Bucket parts.

1 minute ago, allwaystired said:

In my view, way worse. 

Back then we knew without doubt that CD was being worked on, we'd hear snippets, and then started hearing songs played live from 2001 onwards. It took ages obviously, but we knew it was coming. 

It also just felt more exciting really. There was an unpredictability there, even if it was frustrating.

At least there were some current leaks in the early 00s, the best we've had are leaks of a remix album and leaks of demos from 20years ago... that's how fucked this band is. They have either learned how to keep all their work locked away, and are now working with very happy editors etc. or they haven't done much work in years and there isn't really anything to leak. I think it's the latter.

4 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

At least there were some current leaks in the early 00s, the best we've had are leaks of a remix album and leaks of demos from 20years ago... that's how fucked this band is. They have either learned how to keep all their work locked away, and are now working with very happy editors etc. or they haven't done much work in years and there isn't really anything to leak. I think it's the latter.

Yeah, I'm with the latter to be honest. I can't think how a band like GNR could be getting together and recording without any leaks or information coming out whatsoever these days. Literally no-one has mentioned or seen them in the same place at the same time......and whenever they meet for rehearsals prior to the next leg of a tour we ALWAYS hear about that, one way or the other. 

I know people will say about that guitar/amps being at Axl's house.....but that really doesn't suggest anything to me, and could be about anything. There's nothing but non-committal comments about "jamming" or "working on ideas" thrown out to interviewers so they can move on to the next question. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, BigVanVader said:

I hope at some point someone writes a book about the "why" of Guns N' Roses.  I can think of so many great rock n' roll bands that have put more effort into making money off their efforts.  Hell, Led Zeppelin has done more to exploit its catalog than GNR.  It's baffling.  I don't want GNR releasing things as recklessly as The Who - making each compilation increasingly less important.  But, they can be like Led Zeppelin.  I'd be ok with that.

My bias tells me that there's money to be made selling their efforts.  I might be wrong but I don't think I am.  

I would love a tell all from Slash and Duff. What really went down with the reunion, Izzy etc, why they couldn't come to an agreement.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Yeah, I'm with the latter to be honest. I can't think how a band like GNR could be getting together and recording without any leaks or information coming out whatsoever these days. Literally no-one has mentioned or seen them in the same place at the same time......and whenever they meet for rehearsals prior to the next leg of a tour we ALWAYS hear about that, one way or the other. 

I know people will say about that guitar/amps being at Axl's house.....but that really doesn't suggest anything to me, and could be about anything. There's nothing but non-committal comments about "jamming" or "working on ideas" thrown out to interviewers so they can move on to the next question. 

Yeah I am with you.

I get that they want mystique, but acknowledging work is going on really is not ruining that. I guess in a sense the say nothing method, does bring with a sense of anticipation, imagine tomorrow you opened up your computer and it says "NEW GNR Released today" Fairly sure most people here would lose their shit, and so would a lot of non forum music fans. 

I guess there have been a couple of bands who have managed to make entire albums without ever having the news get out before they wanted it out, VH with A different kind of truth, AC/DC currently, Bowies last albums... it is possible at a high level to keep things under wraps... I can't write off GNR altogether because 1. They are so secretive, you just don't know what they've actually done (Could be nothing, could be a lot) 2. If CD II is the new album and Duff and Slash just have to play over it and replace a few parts, then they don't have to go to some huge studio for weeks... it could literally be recorded anywhere (even on the road). I am not optimistic about that again, although It is possible!

Slash has said he was both Axl and Duff separately on GNR material... so that's the only firm thing that has been said in my book... doesn't indicate a release or anything imminent though.

I do believe a new album will EVENTUALLY come out...... when????? Only Axl knows..... will it be good or will we still care???? Who knows..... but, I do HONESTLY believe a new album will be released.  I've been a fan since the 80s and have been through all the nonsense that comes with being a fan of this band. ALL OF IT!!!😔😔😔

Iron Maiden are the model I wish GnR followed... regular albums, all of a reasonable to good standard, good tours, well branded, great attitude, regular live albums, box sets, record store day exclusives, remastered, b side albums etc.

Edited by ToonGuns
*boxsets not boxers, damn autocorrct
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Looks like ACDC is gearing up for a new release... too bad Axl seemed to have been let go.

The only way any bad can release new music is letting Axl go, didn't they tell you. Axl Rose is anti new music, it cannot be released whilst he is present! This will be ACDCS 3rd album since 2008, it'll be their 7th since GnR released appetite (GnR have 5 if you include Lies as a fully fledged album) despite ACDC's undoubted peak coming between 75-80. GnR are a joke, fernandont is a joke and axl is finished. No new music, no more support for this mess

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tom2112 said:

Yeah I am with you.

I get that they want mystique, but acknowledging work is going on really is not ruining that. I guess in a sense the say nothing method, does bring with a sense of anticipation, imagine tomorrow you opened up your computer and it says "NEW GNR Released today" Fairly sure most people here would lose their shit, and so would a lot of non forum music fans. 

I guess there have been a couple of bands who have managed to make entire albums without ever having the news get out before they wanted it out, VH with A different kind of truth, AC/DC currently, Bowies last albums... it is possible at a high level to keep things under wraps... I can't write off GNR altogether because 1. They are so secretive, you just don't know what they've actually done (Could be nothing, could be a lot) 2. If CD II is the new album and Duff and Slash just have to play over it and replace a few parts, then they don't have to go to some huge studio for weeks... it could literally be recorded anywhere (even on the road). I am not optimistic about that again, although It is possible!

Slash has said he was both Axl and Duff separately on GNR material... so that's the only firm thing that has been said in my book... doesn't indicate a release or anything imminent though.

The 'NEW GNR released today' would only be realistic if that had every happened before.. and it never will! Fuck GnR, its nearly 2021! they haven't toured this year (bar 1 gig) and they still can't release. They can't release because there is nothing. 6 years nearly back together with 17 years of material behind that. There is no new releases because there is no new music. fernando suck my nuts

12 minutes ago, JimiRose said:

The 'NEW GNR released today' would only be realistic if that had every happened before.. and it never will! Fuck GnR, its nearly 2021! they haven't toured this year (bar 1 gig) and they still can't release. They can't release because there is nothing. 6 years nearly back together with 17 years of material behind that. There is no new releases because there is no new music. fernando suck my nuts

Have you been living under a rock? They haven't played more than 1 show because the entire worlds concert industry is shut down, there's this thing called covid 19, you should wear a mask outside. 

Also, they absolutely wouldn't need to have done something before for it to be a possibility in the future. Where us the logic there?

And... it's 5 years at a push... officially it's 4.5yrs since they got back together, definitely not 6yrs considering 6 years ago nugnr were still touring around now.

My oh my🤔🙄😄

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rjuncajun said:

I do believe a new album will EVENTUALLY come out...... when????? Only Axl knows..... will it be good or will we still care???? Who knows..... but, I do HONESTLY believe a new album will be released.  I've been a fan since the 80s and have been through all the nonsense that comes with being a fan of this band. ALL OF IT!!!😔😔😔

Sadly, I think it may take the death of the members for us to hear anything. At that point the GNR 'estate' will release anything and everything I would think. 

15 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Have you been living under a rock? They haven't played more than 1 show because the entire worlds concert industry is shut down, there's this thing called covid 19, you should wear a mask outside. 

Also, they absolutely wouldn't need to have done something before for it to be a possibility in the future. Where us the logic there?

And... it's 5 years at a push... officially it's 4.5yrs since they got back together, definitely not 6yrs considering 6 years ago nugnr were still touring around now.

My oh my🤔🙄😄

I don't get it honestly,

Why are people asking for new music in such an agressive manner?, like desperate, and insulting and all? is everything good at their lives?

I want new music too but i'm not gonna shoot myself in the head if they don't. They must have their reasons.

In all fairness the music industry is in full fast food mode. In order to stay relevant you have to release new music every week/month to make the headlines. Is just the way things are and Axl is not known precisely for releasing music just to please others.

I will support them whenever i can, will go to their shows as i have been doing these last few years, but my expectations on new music are flat. Cool if they release something if not, bummer, but not going crazy over it.

Maybe they know this?. I mean the world was waiting for Chinese Democracy to release, everybody was in expectation of what was that going to be, even as Rock was not important anymore. But this happened 12 years ago, they blew it and the world is 100% different. Even with the reunion, the world doesn't have the same interest as before. So why bother?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, dario27 said:

I don't get it honestly,

Why are people asking for new music in such an agressive manner?, like desperate, and insulting and all? is everything good at their lives?

I want new music too but i'm not gonna shoot myself in the head if they don't. They must have their reasons.

In all fairness the music industry is in full fast food mode. In order to stay relevant you have to release new music every week/month to make the headlines. Is just the way things are and Axl is not known precisely for releasing music just to please others.

I will support them whenever i can, will go to their shows as i have been doing these last few years, but my expectations on new music are flat. Cool if they release something if not, bummer, but not going crazy over it.

Maybe they know this?. I mean the world was waiting for Chinese Democracy to release, everybody was in expectation of what was that going to be, even as Rock was not important anymore. But this happened 12 years ago, they blew it and the world is 100% different. Even with the reunion, the world doesn't have the same interest as before. So why bother?

That's the old argument - "why bother because no-one will be interested", which is fine if A) you want to only be a nostalgia band and B) you don't spend years and years constantly telling fans a new album is imminent. 

The reason 99.9999999 per cent of musical acts still "bother" even though they have a classic album in their past that they probably won't live up to is to stay fresh, interesting and because they don't want to be constantly trading on past glories. Even the Rolling Stones, who I clash as the very definition of a band trading on their past, have managed covers albums in recent years and even brand new material over lockdown. Is it as good as 'Exile'? Definitely not. But they 'bother' because they are musicians. 

No one is going to 'shoot themselves in the head' if GNR don't release any new material ever again, but in a band forum forum about a new album, you've got to expect a bit of a lively discussion about a new album! 

• Like 2