The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

3 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

Have you been living under a rock? They haven't played more than 1 show because the entire worlds concert industry is shut down, there's this thing called covid 19, you should wear a mask outside. 

Also, they absolutely wouldn't need to have done something before for it to be a possibility in the future. Where us the logic there?

And... it's 5 years at a push... officially it's 4.5yrs since they got back together, definitely not 6yrs considering 6 years ago nugnr were still touring around now.

My oh my🤔🙄😄

You've clearly read this wrong - they have only played 1 show this year - meaning this is the perfect time to record a new record. they havent had anything else to do except finish off / write and release new music. Not sure what covid has to do with releasing new music seeing as ozzy osbourne acdc taylor swift and every other band in the world who wanted to release an album have. Have you been drinking the fernando kool aid? it'll be 6 years before we get anything from them. ashba quit in summer 2015 and slash and axl had mended fences by then. There is obviously no release this year. 

My oh my..... 

3 hours ago, dario27 said:

I don't get it honestly,

Why are people asking for new music in such an agressive manner?, like desperate, and insulting and all? is everything good at their lives?

I want new music too but i'm not gonna shoot myself in the head if they don't. They must have their reasons.

In all fairness the music industry is in full fast food mode. In order to stay relevant you have to release new music every week/month to make the headlines. Is just the way things are and Axl is not known precisely for releasing music just to please others.

I will support them whenever i can, will go to their shows as i have been doing these last few years, but my expectations on new music are flat. Cool if they release something if not, bummer, but not going crazy over it.

Maybe they know this?. I mean the world was waiting for Chinese Democracy to release, everybody was in expectation of what was that going to be, even as Rock was not important anymore. But this happened 12 years ago, they blew it and the world is 100% different. Even with the reunion, the world doesn't have the same interest as before. So why bother?

You realise this is a GnR forum right? You must be in the wrong place. This is exactly the place for people to moan about the fact there is no new album. One step further, this is actually the new album thread. If I came here and vented about My mrs buying me american rice when I wanted basmati, then this would not be the place.

29 years ago GnR last released an original album containing Axl Slash and Duff. 12 years ago we had the first album of a supposed trilogy. Nada since. As a fan who has been to countless gigs, supported through merchandise and been let down time after time by this band, I and we as a group have a right to moan. If every band went with the attitude 'The world isn't interested, let's not bother' there would be about 4 new albums every year in all of music. There is massive fervent interest in a new GnR album. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, allwaystired said:

That's the old argument - "why bother because no-one will be interested", which is fine if A) you want to only be a nostalgia band and B) you don't spend years and years constantly telling fans a new album is imminent. 

The reason 99.9999999 per cent of musical acts still "bother" even though they have a classic album in their past that they probably won't live up to is to stay fresh, interesting and because they don't want to be constantly trading on past glories. Even the Rolling Stones, who I clash as the very definition of a band trading on their past, have managed covers albums in recent years and even brand new material over lockdown. Is it as good as 'Exile'? Definitely not. But they 'bother' because they are musicians. 

No one is going to 'shoot themselves in the head' if GNR don't release any new material ever again, but in a band forum forum about a new album, you've got to expect a bit of a lively discussion about a new album! 

You are a god, thank you for putting it slightly more eloquently than I. Now, back to GnR not releasing new music. Motherfuckers release some new music! 

1 hour ago, JimiRose said:

You've clearly read this wrong - they have only played 1 show this year - meaning this is the perfect time to record a new record. they havent had anything else to do except finish off / write and release new music. Not sure what covid has to do with releasing new music seeing as ozzy osbourne acdc taylor swift and every other band in the world who wanted to release an album have. Have you been drinking the fernando kool aid? it'll be 6 years before we get anything from them. ashba quit in summer 2015 and slash and axl had mended fences by then. There is obviously no release this year. 

My oh my..... 

If that's how you meant it, then ok. I Agree, if there's a record ready then yeah covid has no definitive restriction on a band at least releasing an album... now, if the album isn't completely finished, or if the record is more 'idea' than 'reality' then that's where covid throws a spanner in the works, at least in the beginning of all the pandemic stuff. 

Why I would say getting a record started or just recording in general is possibly tricky, is that in order to go in and record they need engineers, producers, assistant engineers, techs, load in crew... that's not even getting into the band members and management... there's a lot of people to navigate around. NOW, of course they can navigate all of that stuff AND 'maybe' they are doing just that but they are remaining tight lipped about it. We know absolutely nothing about this next record really, so it's entirely possible nothings ready, and it's equally possible the whole thing is in the can ready to go. We just do not know one way or the other, no point being bent out of shape over it.

Also, Fernandos kool-aid... I resent that, no need for low blows, we're all friends here! 😄

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

If that's how you meant it, then ok. I Agree, if there's a record ready then yeah covid has no definitive restriction on a band at least releasing an album... now, if the album isn't completely finished, or if the record is more 'idea' than 'reality' then that's where covid throws a spanner in the works, at least in the beginning of all the pandemic stuff. 

Why I would say getting a record started or just recording in general is possibly tricky, is that in order to go in and record they need engineers, producers, assistant engineers, techs, load in crew... that's not even getting into the band members and management... there's a lot of people to navigate around. NOW, of course they can navigate all of that stuff AND 'maybe' they are doing just that but they are remaining tight lipped about it. We know absolutely nothing about this next record really, so it's entirely possible nothings ready, and it's equally possible the whole thing is in the can ready to go. We just do not know one way or the other, no point being bent out of shape over it.

Also, Fernandos kool-aid... I resent that, no need for low blows, we're all friends here! 😄

If it is in the can, release it. I can't see why they wouldn't unless there is nothing there. Apologies for the fernando comment, that was indeed too far and should only be saved for the lowest of the low!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Who wants to bet the new album will be called Use Your Illusion III (plus IV if they want go to the effort of a double album), and be released next year or afterwards to big hype coinciding with the 30 year anniversary? :lol:

Paul McCartney is rumoured to be releasing McCartney III this year, which would complete a trilogy of albums that began 50 years ago in 1970! McCartney II being released in 1980.

The trouble with calling it UYI III is that it would need to be extremely good!

17 minutes ago, jackparker123 said:

Paul McCartney is rumoured to be releasing McCartney III this year, which would complete a trilogy of albums that began 50 years ago in 1970! McCartney II being released in 1980.

The trouble with calling it UYI III is that it would need to be extremely good!

Exactly. I don't know, maybe it would be better to leave the whole UYI legacy in the past and do something completely new. 

• Like 1

On 9/22/2020 at 10:12 AM, Sosso said:

Yeah, it would have been bigger than the actual release. Still, I'm glad that the album was finally released in 2008. I was still hyped about the 2006 Tour back then. 

I totally agree.  I was still excited to get it.  I actually loaded up my two small kids at the time and was at Best Buy when they opened to get it.  I still like the record, just disappointed on what could have been.  There were several members including Axl, that said a follow up wouldn’t be nearly as long a wait.  Well, 12 years later, I’m still waiting. 

4 hours ago, jamillos said:

Exactly. I don't know, maybe it would be better to leave the whole UYI legacy in the past and do something completely new. 

I agree, but if we look at it, any new album will be compared with UYI anyway (as it would be the first album featuring Slash and Duff on original songs since then). Of course, if they did ever attach the UYI name to a new album, the scrutiny would likely be higher though.

18 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

I agree, but if we look at it, any new album will be compared with UYI anyway (as it would be the first album featuring Slash and Duff on original songs since then). Of course, if they did ever attach the UYI name to a new album, the scrutiny would likely be higher though.

There’s 0 chance of a UYI3. The symbolism is long gone, the illusion has long disappeared replaced with a reality of broken promises, paralyzed ambitions and expectations unmet. 

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

It will surely be compared with everything from the old era. I can hear the "but it doesn't sound like Sweet Child O' Mine" already... 

Edited by jamillos

7 hours ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Who wants to bet the new album will be called Use Your Illusion III (plus IV if they want go to the effort of a double album), and be released next year or afterwards to big hype coinciding with the 30 year anniversary? :lol:

I could live with that. They could name the albums whatever they wanted haha.

I hope the new album is called Seven, since it's the 7th studio album, and the title cut being track 7, of course.

8 hours ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

:lol:. This is the worst bet ever....

Use Your Execution.

8 hours ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Only if they bring back Matt.

7 hours ago, jamillos said:

Yeah I agree. It's been too long and things have changed.

On 9/28/2020 at 4:18 PM, JimiRose said:

My oh my..... 

How do you know what they've had to do? How do you know the record isn't finished? Ozzy released his album before the pandemic, ACDC haven't released shit yet, and Taylor Swift? Lol. Why are you so anxious? They will release music when they want to, are you holding your breath?

On 9/28/2020 at 1:03 PM, allwaystired said:

That's the old argument - "why bother because no-one will be interested", which is fine if A) you want to only be a nostalgia band and B) you don't spend years and years constantly telling fans a new album is imminent. 

The reason 99.9999999 per cent of musical acts still "bother" even though they have a classic album in their past that they probably won't live up to is to stay fresh, interesting and because they don't want to be constantly trading on past glories. Even the Rolling Stones, who I clash as the very definition of a band trading on their past, have managed covers albums in recent years and even brand new material over lockdown. Is it as good as 'Exile'? Definitely not. But they 'bother' because they are musicians. 

No one is going to 'shoot themselves in the head' if GNR don't release any new material ever again, but in a band forum forum about a new album, you've got to expect a bit of a lively discussion about a new album! 

No one from Guns N' Roses have ever said that a "new album is imminent". Quite impossible and unreasonable to live up to made up promises, don't you think?

Edited by JohnnyUtah