The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

11 minutes ago, ThePreacher said:

I find it very positive that the casuals are now demanding something new. I hope one day they show those comments for the right person ;)

I agree, but I think we've got more chance of finding rocking horse shit

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, ThePreacher said:

I find it very positive that the casuals are now demanding something new. I hope one day they show those comments for the right person ;)

It would almost certainly not get the desired reaction even if Axl read it himself. They would first be convinced that it was just a few very vocal disgruntled fans, and then they would say something snide on Betas Instagram or Fernandos Instagram. unfortunately It's very unlikely that it leads to a new record, or even an urgency to get some work done outside of touring.

32 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

The 'inflatable guitar and novelty bandana' casuals can say what they like though really. The only thing that will bring change is if the band stop making money. 

That could of course happen. 

Could happen, but won't. GNR as badly run as it is, is a cash cow with plenty to go around still. When the pandemic ends and they announce shows people will flock to hear the hits, that includes people on this forum. 

If they returned with the NITL set / show again, they 'might' be in trouble.

7 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Could happen, but won't. GNR as badly run as it is, is a cash cow with plenty to go around still. When the pandemic ends and they announce shows people will flock to hear the hits, that includes people on this forum. 

If they returned with the NITL set / show again, they 'might' be in trouble.

I think you're probably right.....although sales were poor don't forget, especially for the American shows, possibly for Europe too. I can't really see why the Europe leg was cut down so massively if it wasn't for sales. 

It could go either way really. When prices are as high as they are, people tend to prioritise what they can and can't afford. 

23 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

I think you're probably right.....although sales were poor don't forget, especially for the American shows, possibly for Europe too. I can't really see why the Europe leg was cut down so massively if it wasn't for sales. 

It could go either way really. When prices are as high as they are, people tend to prioritise what they can and can't afford. 

And post-COVID it will be even worse as people will be looking after every penny and many will also unfortunately be unemployed. Going to see GNR (and a potentially generic GNR show if similar to NITL) will not be an attractive situation. Case in point - my mate wasn’t willing to pay big money see GNR in Glasgow because he saw them at Donington in 2018 and it’s ‘effectively the same setlist’ and he is a big GNR fan.

A tour supporting a new release/UYI-centric setlist would go a long way to enticing folk to buy a ticket and even then that’s only if they can afford it.

2 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

And post-COVID it will be even worse as people will be looking after every penny and many will also unfortunately be unemployed. Going to see GNR (and a potentially generic GNR show if similar to NITL) will not be an attractive situation. Case in point - my mate wasn’t willing to pay big money see GNR in Glasgow because he saw them at Donington in 2018 and it’s ‘effectively the same setlist’ and he is a big GNR fan.

A tour supporting a new release/UYI-centric setlist would go a long way to enticing folk to buy a ticket and even then that’s only if they can afford it.

Yeah, to a greater or lesser degree I'm in that boat really. I'm unemployed at the moment, got to be really careful of money, and a GNR show couldn't be a priority to me. It would take a lot to be able to justify spending that money.....perhaps a new setlist might make it easier to do, but I don't think I could spend the money they're asking to see the same show again (and probably not as good). 

Perhaps rich casuals with more disposable income would find it easier to do though? 

24 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Yeah, to a greater or lesser degree I'm in that boat really. I'm unemployed at the moment, got to be really careful of money, and a GNR show couldn't be a priority to me. It would take a lot to be able to justify spending that money.....perhaps a new setlist might make it easier to do, but I don't think I could spend the money they're asking to see the same show again (and probably not as good). 

Perhaps rich casuals with more disposable income would find it easier to do though? 

Maybe - but regardless they are taking a hit....it’s how big a hit that the question. Of course something easy like an EP or an album is the easy boost and best enticer they could do to make folk go that but extra to go see them......

Hopefully yourself and others hit by unemployment can get back to work. 👍

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

True. Come 2022, with less money and loads of bands embarking on tours, one will prefer someone like, say, AC/DC, who were able to form a new record during, to yet another NITL leg with two different covers and a chance they might play some 20-year old revamped demo after a few months if Axl feels like it. 

24 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

That's true, and we are at the early stage of a recession so who knows what things will look like in 2021 and 2022. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

Even during the recession of 2007 to... well present day, people were still buying tickets to gigs, if anything concert tickets and sales went up during that time. 

There are definitely a lot of people like your friend, but there are still loads more who don't pay that kind of attention to set-lists / don't care - they just want to hear the hit songs and have a good time. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Even during the recession of 2007 to... well present day, people were still buying tickets to gigs, if anything concert tickets and sales went up during that time. 

There are definitely a lot of people like your friend, but there are still loads more who don't pay that kind of attention to set-lists / don't care - they just want to hear the hit songs and have a good time. 

True enough. I think there will still be a big demand (average age of fan base being that bit older and potentially having more disposable income) but there will be a hit for sure. Some people will need a bit of extra enticing to brave going into a concert situation with COVID about. If there are new songs then that would tip the balance of those ‘on the fence’. Folk who can’t miss out on hearing those new songs....

Some new material would REALLY help them (and us)! 😂

Edited by DTJ80
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

True enough. I think there will still be a big demand (average age of fan base being that bit older and potentially having more disposable income) but there will be a hit for sure. Some people will need a bit of extra enticing to brave going into a concert situation with COVID about. If there are new songs then that would tip the balance of those ‘on the fence’. Folk who can’t miss out on hearing those new songs....

Some new material would REALLY help them (and us)! 😂

Yeah, there will be a bit of a drop off for sure, at least in the beginning. For me and how I feel about GNR, I'd need to be enticed to go back... outside of there not being any shows for the next 2-3yrs, I can't see myself being desperate enough for a gig that I'd go to another NITL show. New music and I'm there. 

All this waiting with no concrete evidence (a snippet or something) is becoming tedious - and I have been one of the most positive folk on here. I still think we will get something but the wait is bloody excruciating.

Made 100x worse by the fact that AC/DC are clearly in promo mode and that 30-sec snippet just released has sent the fans into meltdown (sounds really good TBF).

😤 FUCKING HELL!!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DTJ80 said:

All this waiting with no concrete evidence (a snippet or something) is becoming tedious - and I have been one of the most positive folk on here. I still think we will get something but the wait is bloody excruciating.

Made 100x worse by the fact that AC/DC are clearly in promo mode and that 30-sec snippet just released has sent the fans into meltdown (sounds really good TBF).

😤 FUCKING HELL!!!!

Did you think?! I thought it sounded identical to everything they've ever done but a little slower! 

I suppose that's what AC/DC have always done really though. You buy one album and you've got the general idea! 

8 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Did you think?! I thought it sounded identical to everything they've ever done but a little slower! 

I suppose that's what AC/DC have always done really though. You buy one album and you've got the general idea! 

Based on the small snippet it sounded good. I’m not a big AC/DC fan and prefer the stuff up to around ‘For Those....’ but it SOUNDS like AC/DC which is what you expect. And there is something reassuring about that these days. Again - based on 30 seconds of a YouTube video - production sounded a bit better than Rock Or Bust....

😭 GNR......get a grip and give us something FFS!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, allwaystired said:

The 'inflatable guitar and novelty bandana' casuals can say what they like though really. The only thing that will bring change is if the band stop making money. 

That could of course happen. 

Or the band go from stadiums to arenas to theatres extremely quickly!.

8 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

Based on the small snippet it sounded good. I’m not a big AC/DC fan and prefer the stuff up to around ‘For Those....’ but it SOUNDS like AC/DC which is what you expect. And there is something reassuring about that these days. Again - based on 30 seconds of a YouTube video - production sounded a bit better than Rock Or Bust....

I was reading GNR facebook around the bands greatest hits and those that responded wernt very kind. Basically new music and rightfully so. Even the casuals have had enough.

1 minute ago, Sydney Fan said:

Or the band go from stadiums to arenas to theatres extremely quickly!.

I'd say they are already Arena level really (taking aside the really strange choice to move back to stadiums after several Arena runs in the US of course). I can certainly see them doing Theatres.....but with incredibly high prices to soften the blow! 

1 hour ago, DTJ80 said:

😤 FUCKING HELL!!!!

I think ACDC are really going to be promoting this majorly. They will be everywhere with this new release. Good on them. GNR could have released at least one single or a mini EP until we get an album. But nooooooooo..

12 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

Yeah - I don't think their fanbase really want anything different from them really! They'd probably hate it if they tried anything different! 

Black In Black 

ACDC Live 

They're basically the two albums you need in my view! I have Rock Or Bust too, because it was in the bargain bin, the CD cover was cool, and I was going to the tour. 

Incredibly they've never released a Greatest Hits!