The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

2 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

Man a "The Dirt" style GnR biopic would be the coolest music movie ever ... It's unfortunate something like that will never be created ... 

I agree. But wonder if tgey would shave the timr period of Axls DV incidents against erin and stephanie and the courtcase.

If they were to write a book dirt style the 94 to 96 period is what i want to read the most. Also the recording of the illusions albums would be great.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, 2020_Intensions said:

Man a "The Dirt" style GnR biopic would be the coolest music movie ever ... It's unfortunate something like that will never be created ... 

It would be a great way to relaunch them to a new generation on a wide scale.

However Slash is on record as opposing the idea (because this band seems to literally hate good publicity).

Whatever happened to that planned biopic for GNR announced years ago?

9 hours ago, DownUnderScott said:

For movie comedy though it would be the 2015-2020 period 😃

Actually i want to include the ashba era, just to show how abysmal GNR was. Include RIR 2011 with the raincoat and bridge school for more comedy value.

• Haha 2

On 10/1/2020 at 11:58 PM, DownUnderScott said:

For movie comedy though it would be the 2015-2020 period 😃

With Fernando as the main clown :lol:

On 10/2/2020 at 6:23 AM, GNR_RNR said:

It would be a great way to relaunch them to a new generation on a wide scale.

However Slash is on record as opposing the idea (because this band seems to literally hate good publicity).

Whatever happened to that planned biopic for GNR announced years ago?

Probably because they wouldn't want it to be cheesy and stuff like the Dirt was.

• Like 1

2021: release Hardschool and whatever else they have been working on (if they have been working on, you might say. I want to believe), call it 'Use Your Illusion III' and tie it in with the reissues/anniversary. The record would be successfull, the reissues would be successful (unless you sell boxsets for $1000), the tour would be successful.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Twinaleblood said:

2021: release Hardschool and whatever else they have been working on (if they have been working on, you might say. I want to believe), call it 'Use Your Illusion III' and tie it in with the reissues/anniversary. The record would be successfull, the reissues would be successful (unless you sell boxsets for $1000), the tour would be successful.

I'd pay $1000 for a super deluxe Chinese Democracy release. 3+ CDs worth of material, including the remix CD, CD2 and CD3 songs, both complete and incomplete, I'd eat it all up for $1,000 easy. A little red hand or grenade flash drive full of tracks.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Sweersa said:

I'd pay $1000 for a super deluxe Chinese Democracy release. 3+ CDs worth of material, including the remix CD, CD2 and CD3 songs, both complete and incomplete, I'd eat it all up for $1,000 easy. A little red hand or grenade flash drive full of tracks.

Despite my better judgment I would definitely throw $1000 at this. Don’t understand why the band can’t seem to capitalise on this possibility. My view is that they’d sell thousands of such a box set. They could fashion a Chinese takeaway type box for this, it would be a hard core fans dream. It’s just so damn frustrating. WHY THE FUCK IS EVERYTHING SO DIFFICULT WITH THIS BAND?????!

• Like 1

Now that the old band is more or less together again, which they've shown to the entire world through thorough touring, the last thing they should do is releasing anything associated with the CD era. CD boxset could/should have been out around 2013/14, but now it's not the time. People - me among them - want new music with Slash, obviously. Sure, I'd love to hear CD II or whatever some day, but logically, this would be a stupid move in the present era. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, axlvai said:

A chinese boxset.... is a horrible business. Theres not enough ppl who would buy it. 

Ppl want to hear Scom.... cmon.

1 hour ago, jamillos said:

Now that the old band is more or less together again, which they've shown to the entire world through thorough touring, the last thing they should do is releasing anything associated with the CD era. CD boxset could/should have been out around 2013/14, but now it's not the time. People - me among them - want new music with Slash, obviously. Sure, I'd love to hear CD II or whatever some day, but logically, this would be a stupid move in the present era. 

I agree

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Sweersa said:

Despite the fact I'd love to hear this.....$1000 for 3cds worth of material and some tat?!  Come on! 3 discs of Chinese era stuff at a $40 tag, ok!

Look at what other bands offer and what they charge for it!