The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

5 minutes ago, DurhamGirl said:

I would pay $1000 for something ANYTHING!!  But after years of nothing, well its not looking good...

I’d pay $1000 for a new album of brand new songs, on vinyl, if that vinyl were limited to only 1000 total released. There that’s my offer - take my money Axl!

😁

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

Despite the fact I'd love to hear this.....$1000 for 3cds worth of material and some tat?!  Come on! 3 discs of Chinese era stuff at a $40 tag, ok!

Look at what other bands offer and what they charge for it! 

I realize it would be unusual, but I'd pay as much as $2,000 for something like that.

25 minutes ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

I will never understand the vinyl fetish.

Nostalgia, and my understanding is vinyl offers the best sound quality experience on proper equipment.

I don't even have a vinyl player, but have collected a few over the years, it is cool having the big artwork, etc. 

I like cassettes for a practical reason, my 1999 Mercedes-Benz only has a tape player. But, people still enjoy collecting these regardless on if they have a player or not.

• Like 1

On 10/2/2020 at 3:39 AM, 2020_Intensions said:

Man a "The Dirt" style GnR biopic would be the coolest music movie ever ... It's unfortunate something like that will never be created ... 

A future lenght movie would be way to short to capture all the drama. It is easily a 3 season 10 hour long episodes series

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

I sort of feel the same. I get it, and it's a format I do play at home, but personally I'd always prefer CD over vinyl. Vinyl records I've had a while have degraded, as they do with every play, and I want my music to last as long as possible. I also think that CD sound quality is far better (but I understand that will open up a whole can of worms!) 

Vinyl has become a fashion accessory at present it seems but I'm sure the fad will pass at some point. i'd love to see the ratio of 'vinyl bought' to 'vinyl played'! I don't see any point in buying music unless i'm going to play the thing! 

13 minutes ago, kok said:

A future lenght movie would be way to short to capture all the drama. It is easily a 3 season 10 hour long episodes series

I used to like the idea of a biopic and/or tv drama, but now I think it would be the worst thing ever. The Queen and Motley Crue biopics made me barf!

• Like 1

Reckless Road would be a good movie. A movie about Creating Appetite For Destruction. From the early days in 1985 (Welcome To The Jungle) until the New Jersey Show in 1988 with Aerosmith. Closing the movie with Paradise City. It needs a film structure like Bohemian Rhapsody.

40 minutes ago, t-p-d-a said:

Reckless Road would be a good movie. A movie about Creating Appetite For Destruction. From the early days in 1985 (Welcome To The Jungle) until the New Jersey Show in 1988 with Aerosmith. Closing the movie with Paradise City. It needs a film structure like Bohemian Rhapsody.

I thought the structure of Bohemian Rhapsody was atrocious. The fact that they tried to make it look like Mercury’s life revolved entirely around that 1985 Live Aid performance was so fuckin stupid.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, GoForJMark said:

Fuck this whole new album situation. So jealous of hardcore AC/DC fans. 

Yep. They don't get to tour it right away but it doesn't matter. The fans and the music matters. When the times is right, they will sell A LOT OF concert tickets.

4 hours ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

I love it.. Get a decent system and a good sounding pressing of an album and it really doesn't sound any better.. Sometimes I will take an edible grab a beer and just sit there listening to a whole album front to back the way it was intended. No skipping through songs. Plus you get the packaging which is something bands used to put a lot of thought into.  I got an original copy of LIES a few months ago and it sounded killer!! It was literally a rush listening to it. 

How old are you. Just curious if you grew up in the digital era.

Assuming GN'R has a new album recorded and mixed, how long would it take them from that point to master, and get it distributed if they actually intended on a release? I suppose this is a general question for any album, though GN'R of course never goes with the usual flow of things. Assume all things being equal.
Would it even be possible for them to get an album out before the end of 2020 from this point? I can imagine an online release, but I'd imagine a physical release to take longer for obvious reasons.

12 hours ago, axlvai said:

A chinese boxset.... is a horrible business. Theres not enough ppl who would buy it. 

Ppl want to hear Scom.... cmon.

You're absolutely right, as far as the masses go but there are definitely GN'R fans that would pay high prices for a CD set of any sort. 

39 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

Assuming GN'R has a new album recorded and mixed, how long would it take them from that point to master, and get it distributed if they actually intended on a release? I suppose this is a general question for any album, though GN'R of course never goes with the usual flow of things. Assume all things being equal.
Would it even be possible for them to get an album out before the end of 2020 from this point? I can imagine an online release, but I'd imagine a physical release to take longer for obvious reasons.

Not to be a jerk but speculation at this point is just unwarranted and foolish. The band is a joke and a cash grab. Not even an integral cash grab releasing anything remotely new and exciting. We are the least luckiest fan base in rock. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

I love it.. Get a decent system and a good sounding pressing of an album and it really doesn't sound any better.. Sometimes I will take an edible grab a beer and just sit there listening to a whole album front to back the way it was intended. No skipping through songs. Plus you get the packaging which is something bands used to put a lot of thought into.  I got an original copy of LIES a few months ago and it sounded killer!! It was literally a rush listening to it. 

How old are you. Just curious if you grew up in the digital era.

Bingo - with vinyl you listen to the full thing as skipping isn’t really an option. I love cranking up the vinyl player. Just got a copy of Marilyn Mansons Mechanical Animals and can’t wait to listen to it.....

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Underhardy said:

Not to be a jerk but speculation at this point is just unwarranted and foolish. The band is a joke and a cash grab. Not even an integral cash grab releasing anything remotely new and exciting. We are the least luckiest fan base in rock. 

I don't disagree, just love to talk about something before something more exciting arises to talk about.

Please, someone leak the 2010-ish CD2!

1 hour ago, Sweersa said:

Axl reckons it takes 6 weeks for all of that, so it would be possible, if it was recorded, mixed, and they had already agreed on marketing.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JohnnyUtah said:

Axl reckons it takes 6 weeks for all of that, so it would be possible, if it was recorded, mixed, and they had already agreed on marketing.

Good to know! I'd imagine it wouldn't take long to produce the physical media (CDs, label, artwork, etc.) once designs were finalized. China could probably crank all that stuff out quickly after they are sent the masters or whatever they need.

25 minutes ago, JohnnyUtah said:

I don’t recall him talking about a 6 week lead time before - was that in the run up the Chinese Democracy being released?