The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

1 minute ago, sofine11 said:

Anyone else getting the impression that they’ve hit some kind of serious internal drama in regard to the next album? Maybe they can’t agree on the sound/direction....Again? 🤦🏻‍♂️

Who knows? The complete lack of ANY information has created a “vacuum....then we fill that vacuum”....full of all sorts of shit because we have nothing to go on.

FRUSTRATING AS FUCK.

FWIW I think it’s more record company politics regarding the release more than anything. But like everyone else on here - it’s just a hunch. 🤷🏼‍♂️

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, StayofExecution2020 said:

If that's the case they should just take the SOAD approach and come out and say it. 

Yup - I’d totally disagree with their choice to not release anything new (can only imagine they wouldn’t think the new stuff would be all that good but we know that from the Village sessions there is definitely stuff their to build on) but would at least be thankful that we all know nothing is happening re new stuff.

I do think we will get something...just bloody when.

58 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

Anyone else getting the impression that they’ve hit some kind of serious internal drama in regard to the next album? Maybe they can’t agree on the sound/direction....Again? 🤦🏻‍♂️

Yeah I have a feeling we might get a repeat of the late 90s breakdown all over again. Hopefully not, tho!

1 hour ago, sofine11 said:

Maybe Axl wants to keep most of the Bucket, Brain, and Robin material intact (one can dream, I guess) and is only having Slash do a few solos here and there, like what Bumblefoot did with CD and perhaps Slash doesn't like that, or maybe Axl wants Slash to re-record it all but he's having trouble nailing down the Buckethead parts, so they have Richard do those, which results in some tension.

10 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

I thought the structure of Bohemian Rhapsody was atrocious. The fact that they tried to make it look like Mercury’s life revolved entirely around that 1985 Live Aid performance was so fuckin stupid.

Yeah I agree, and I didn't like that the whole movie revolved around Freddie and made the other band members look like minor characters. 

2 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

Yeah I agree, and I didn't like that the whole movie revolved around Freddie and made the other band members look like minor characters. 

Not only that, but it made Freddie look like an asshole and the rest of them looked like angels, when in real life they all had some pretty massive personality flaws!

The NWA movie did the same thing. It made Ice Cube and Dre look like saints, while making Eazy E look like a punk bitch, when in real life it was pretty much the other way around.

Edited by rocknroll41

t

6 hours ago, sofine11 said:

This would mean that that you have been drinking the Kool Aid that they have actually been working on some sort of new album (by they I mean the band as it is now).  There's no indication that Axl is remotely interested in a new release. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, sofine11 said:

I dunno, Chinese Democracy was Axl's vision under Axl's control and even with him taking the reigns on the creative direction of the album he couldn't get the damn thing out until the number of years hit the double digits lol.  I think that the rest of GNR just unfortunately at the mercy of Axl when it comes to actually putting stuff out if I was a betting man

Edited by WhazUp

18 hours ago, sofine11 said:

Maybe the pinball machine release ended up taking all there time and creative energy away from the music. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Italian girl said:

I think they spent all their energy in creating that pinball machine, so no more hopes for a new album..

This.  There have been far too many lame excuses as to why music has not been released.  I dont understand why thy are just honest about their intentions.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, sofine11 said:

I dont get the impression that any of them care much about the bands integrity. So I doubt they could have drama about creative enterprises. Slashs TIL solos tell me he doesnt want to have played that song, but he did anyways.

The one thing that Axl, Duff and Slash can agree on is making money. And albums dont always make money in todays market..

• Like 2

23 hours ago, sofine11 said:

Meh, I’m going to again comment and say the “album” is already “finished.” This is business as usual. There were numerous hints that the intention was to drop it this year. Slash is never going to publicly state it finished until they have an actual plan in place to release it. Remember the whole reunion denial saga? Guns does whatever they want to. It’s not about the fans. It never has been and everybody needs to come to terms with that. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

27 minutes ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

Meh, I’m going to again comment and say the “album” is already “finished.” This is business as usual. There were numerous hints that the intention was to drop it this year. Slash is never going to publicly state it finished until they have an actual plan in place to release it. Remember the whole reunion denial saga? Guns does whatever they want to. It’s not about the fans. It never has been and everybody needs to come to terms with that. 

Good post and I’m definitely taking some positives from it. It could be soon, could be never. Always been the same with this band I guess 

1 hour ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

What do you mean by "finished"? The insider at the other forum says the music is done but Duff is stranded in Seattle and can't mix it. Do you have the same info?

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

What do you mean by "finished"? The insider at the other forum says the music is done but Duff is stranded in Seattle and can't mix it. Do you have the same info?

Oh no.....the return of the mysterious 'insider at another forum'! 

I think the best place for that 'information' is the same as all the other things 'insiders' have told us. The box marked 'bullshit'. 

• Like 3