The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

A shame about EVH. Which is why GNR need to stop fucking about and release stuff before someone is ‘knocking on heavens door’.

I know @HollyWoodRose84 has been firm in his assertion that the album is done based on his connections. Which points towards ‘record company politics’ as being the issue....I can’t see how the thing is done and just sitting there.....(let’s not talk about CD...).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

A shame about EVH. Which is why GNR need to stop fucking about and release stuff before someone is ‘knocking on heavens door’.

I know @HollyWoodRose84 has been firm in his assertion that the album is done based on his connections. Which points towards ‘record company politics’ as being the issue....I can’t see how the thing is done and just sitting there.....(let’s not talk about CD...).

Fernando said they want a tour to coincide with the album.

43 minutes ago, ToonGuns said:

Just release music guys. Life is short. The terrible EVH news should be a sign to us all - live life, enjoy, no regrets.

I thought exactly the same. Every member of GNR is, miraculously, still alive.....the time is now. None of us ever know what's around the corner.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

I hadn’t seen him say that?  Problem with that is we could be ages away from a tour - i know there are gigs in the calendar for next year but they could easily be canned and all of a sudden it’s 2022. ☹️

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

I’m going to be honest here (and I’ve always been). I don’t have “connections.” I’m in the fashion business. I run in the same circles as all of the designers who help Guns with their stage and everyday wear. I’ve been with every current  member except Axl. You’d be surprised just how connected everyone is to Guns directly. People talk. I take notes. It’s a close community. I’m not here to disrespect the progress the band has made. It’s a known fact that Guns is a business. Releasing new music and pleasing fans has been second to distant third regards to the business entity. I was talking to someone earlier and I said I really can’t wait for the new music to drop and he said “Yeah but are you really?” Like pretty much saying the band has already solidified their status with their original catalog. Anything new that comes out may sell well commercially but it’s not going to be “classic.” If Chinese had Slash on it, it would have been a huge success. It’s a joke album by most in the industry because he didn’t play on it. This album will be awesome because of Slash, not because the songs are “great.” Same goes for AC/DC releasing the same album 17 times. It’s timeless because it’s Angus and Brian. Not because the majority of the songs on each album are great. 

Hope this clears everything up. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

I’m going to be honest here (and I’ve always been). I don’t have “connections.” I’m in the fashion business. I run in the same circles as all of the designers who help Guns with their stage and everyday wear. I’ve been with every current  member except Axl. You’d be surprised just how connected everyone is to Guns directly. People talk. I take notes. It’s a close community. I’m not here to disrespect the progress the band has made. It’s a known fact that Guns is a business. Releasing new music and pleasing fans has been second to distant third regards to the business entity. I was talking to someone earlier and I said I really can’t wait for the new music to drop and he said “Yeah but are you really?” Like pretty much saying the band has already solidified their status with their original catalog. Anything new that comes out may sell well commercially but it’s not going to be “classic.” If Chinese had Slash on it, it would have been a huge success. It’s a joke album by most in the industry because he didn’t play on it. This album will be awesome because of Slash, not because the songs are “great.” Same goes for AC/DC releasing the same album 17 times. It’s timeless because it’s Angus and Brian. Not because the majority of the songs on each album are great. 

So, if new music and pleasing fans a second to distant third in regards to the business......what's making you think things have changed? 

How do you mean 'help them with their stage and everyday wear'? They have stylists for the clothes they wear onstage and in their personal life sort of thing? If so, that's quite a revelation to me really. I always assumed they just wore whatever they were comfortable in onstage and everyday! 

7 minutes ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

To me, it doesn't matter. Axl and Slash are my childhood idols. When the album gets released, I'll be looking forward to it. As we saw today with Eddie Van Halen, you have to enjoy life while you can. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

I hadn’t seen him say that?  Problem with that is we could be ages away from a tour - i know there are gigs in the calendar for next year but they could easily be canned and all of a sudden it’s 2022. ☹️

Yeah. I'm definitely leaning towards the Europe shows not happening, the way things are going at present. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Yeah. I'm definitely leaning towards the Europe shows not happening, the way things are going at present. 

Axl will use any excuse to hoard music. If Covid hadn't happened it would have something else. But another year of cancellations will surely make it easier for him.

11 hours ago, ThePreacher said:

Page 274. AC/DC announces new album coming out November 13 2020

Axl, you still got time! Something, please....

And new song is out on Wednesday.

3 hours ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

Meh, I’m going to again comment and say the “album” is already “finished.” This is business as usual. There were numerous hints that the intention was to drop it this year. Slash is never going to publicly state it finished until they have an actual plan in place to release it. Remember the whole reunion denial saga? Guns does whatever they want to. It’s not about the fans. It never has been and everybody needs to come to terms with that. 

That's what I think too.

40 minutes ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

Thanks for sharing.  I bet all those clothes are expensive haha.

57 minutes ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

I remember you saying in you heard stuff (something to do with Stings multi-million pad in NY or something....) so it was business connections!! Apologies. 👍

Still - very cool info and if you have been close to most of the band and have heard positive things (re new music) then that’s good enough for me.

I know people in general think that ‘veteran’ bands can’t churn out stuff that can stand beside their best work (usually some 20+ years ago) but there are examples where it CAN happen - MetallicAs Hardwired, Rush’s Clockwork Angels are two which spring to mind. So I’d hope whoever you spoke to would be a bit more optimistic - Axl and Slash are not any old combo....there is a reason we are all here and fans of the group and it’s largely based on those two (not forgetting Izzy but not really applicable here unfortunately seeing as he is MIA).

Edited by DTJ80

2 hours ago, allwaystired said:

So, if new music and pleasing fans a second to distant third in regards to the business......what's making you think things have changed? 

How do you mean 'help them with their stage and everyday wear'? They have stylists for the clothes they wear onstage and in their personal life sort of thing? If so, that's quite a revelation to me really. I always assumed they just wore whatever they were comfortable in onstage and everyday! 

I do remember  some of the shirts axl was wearing on stage was from certain designers he had on the tour. I think that was for the shirts, jeans and the table cloth he used to wear around his waist. Jewellry i think to.

But the cowboy boots i thought were definetly his choice.

Edited by Sydney Fan

13 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

I do remember  some of the shirts axl was wearing on stage was from certain designers he had on the tour. I think that was for the shirts, jeans and the table cloth he used to wear around his waist. Jewellry i think to.

But the cowboy boots i thought were definetly his choice.

Slash pretty much just wears t-shirt and jeans really, so it seems mad to me they'd take a designer on tour. I always just assumed they wore whatever they liked- there never seemed anything flashy going on, just a selection of fairly casual clothing! 

Definitely interested to hear more on this subject as it's a totally alien world to me! 

Edited by allwaystired

Just now, allwaystired said:

Slash pretty much just wears t-shirt and jeans really, so it seems mad to me they'd take a designer on tour. I always just assumed they wore whatever they liked- there never seemed a thing flashy going on, just a selection of fairly casual clothing! 

Definitely interested to hear more on this subject as it's a totally alien world to me! 

Im sure its only axl who has a designer/stylist on tour. Everyone else in the band wears their own stuff.

23 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Slash pretty much just wears t-shirt and jeans really, so it seems mad to me they'd take a designer on tour. I always just assumed they wore whatever they liked- there never seemed anything flashy going on, just a selection of fairly casual clothing! 

22 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

Im sure its only axl who has a designer/stylist on tour. Everyone else in the band wears their own stuff.

They don't have designers on tour, but they get some of their clothes from certain brands.

Some of Axl's stage attire (jeans, jackets) is by a certain designer (I've forgotten his name), but he doesn't take him on tour - at least I don't think so. Most of his t-shirts are from various other sources.

Slash and Duff (as well as other rock musicians like Iggy Pop) got a lot of their clothes from late Jimmy Webb's store.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

What do you mean by "finished"? The insider at the other forum says the music is done but Duff is stranded in Seattle and can't mix it. Do you have the same info?

is this serious?  what happened, his mountain bike got a flat tire?  geez they made it to Seattle back in 85 without a fully working car. now this multi millionaire cant figure out how to get to his second home?  unless he has to quarantine due to covid, there is no way this is true

28 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

They don't have designers on tour, but they get some of their clothes from certain brands.

Some of Axl's stage attire (jeans, jackets) is by a certain designer (I've forgotten his name), but he doesn't take him on tour - at least I don't think so. Most of his t-shirts are from various other sources.

Slash and Duff (as well as other rock musicians like Iggy Pop) got a lot of their clothes from late Jimmy Webb's store.

Axl designer is Amiri.

• Like 1

Just now, Ratam said:

Axl designer is Amiri.

Yes! I just googled and found him as you posted it. :)

On his Axl Rose obsession: Every collection I design has a little bit of Axl Rose; I sneak it in somewhere, because when i was younger these guys were larger than life to me. When they reunited in 2016, his team reached out and said that somehow Axl saw a bit of this brand and he really loved it and was wondering if I'd like to help style a couple pieces. I ended up styling his entire look for the entire tour, head to toe Amiri. I got to meet him and talk to him a few times about Hollywood and growing up in L.A. and his origins of style. Then we did a Guns N' Roses collab last year in partnership with Maxfield [and Universal Music Group’s music merch company Bravado].

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/la-designer-mike-amiri-is-inspired-by-axl-rose-lost-boys-rock-n-roll-1116045

On the same subject: Velvet Revolver had worked with John Varvatos:

NITL Slash wearing a custom-made shirt by Jimmy Webb's brand:

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

I can see why he would want a new album to help promote a stale tour.  but it's not happening.  sign an exclusive deal with Spotify and take what you can get.  you have made enough money, but I guess half a billion dollars doesnt go as far as it used to.

Obviously this is about b(r)and finances and not about returning the favor for all of those who remained GNR fans over the last few decades.