The "New Album" Thread - Susan McKagan says album is coming

13 minutes ago, kok said:

A future lenght movie would be way to short to capture all the drama. It is easily a 3 season 10 hour long episodes series

I used to like the idea of a biopic and/or tv drama, but now I think it would be the worst thing ever. The Queen and Motley Crue biopics made me barf!

• Like 1
  • Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Axl is close to 60 Reunion is now over 4 years old The last unheard new song was played in 2006 The last studio album was in 2008 The last new song before that in 1999 Every s

Grandma's hamster has never been in safer hands.

It's clearly going to be announced in a few days (or just after the holidays), along with the first single.

Posted Images

Reckless Road would be a good movie. A movie about Creating Appetite For Destruction. From the early days in 1985 (Welcome To The Jungle) until the New Jersey Show in 1988 with Aerosmith. Closing the movie with Paradise City. It needs a film structure like Bohemian Rhapsody.

40 minutes ago, t-p-d-a said:

Reckless Road would be a good movie. A movie about Creating Appetite For Destruction. From the early days in 1985 (Welcome To The Jungle) until the New Jersey Show in 1988 with Aerosmith. Closing the movie with Paradise City. It needs a film structure like Bohemian Rhapsody.

I thought the structure of Bohemian Rhapsody was atrocious. The fact that they tried to make it look like Mercury’s life revolved entirely around that 1985 Live Aid performance was so fuckin stupid.

• Like 1
48 minutes ago, GoForJMark said:

Fuck this whole new album situation. So jealous of hardcore AC/DC fans. 

Yep. They don't get to tour it right away but it doesn't matter. The fans and the music matters. When the times is right, they will sell A LOT OF concert tickets.

4 hours ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

I will never understand the vinyl fetish.

I love it.. Get a decent system and a good sounding pressing of an album and it really doesn't sound any better.. Sometimes I will take an edible grab a beer and just sit there listening to a whole album front to back the way it was intended. No skipping through songs. Plus you get the packaging which is something bands used to put a lot of thought into.  I got an original copy of LIES a few months ago and it sounded killer!! It was literally a rush listening to it. 

How old are you. Just curious if you grew up in the digital era.

Assuming GN'R has a new album recorded and mixed, how long would it take them from that point to master, and get it distributed if they actually intended on a release? I suppose this is a general question for any album, though GN'R of course never goes with the usual flow of things. Assume all things being equal.
Would it even be possible for them to get an album out before the end of 2020 from this point? I can imagine an online release, but I'd imagine a physical release to take longer for obvious reasons.

12 hours ago, axlvai said:

A chinese boxset.... is a horrible business. Theres not enough ppl who would buy it. 

Ppl want to hear Scom.... cmon.

You're absolutely right, as far as the masses go but there are definitely GN'R fans that would pay high prices for a CD set of any sort. 

39 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

Assuming GN'R has a new album recorded and mixed, how long would it take them from that point to master, and get it distributed if they actually intended on a release? I suppose this is a general question for any album, though GN'R of course never goes with the usual flow of things. Assume all things being equal.
Would it even be possible for them to get an album out before the end of 2020 from this point? I can imagine an online release, but I'd imagine a physical release to take longer for obvious reasons.

Not to be a jerk but speculation at this point is just unwarranted and foolish. The band is a joke and a cash grab. Not even an integral cash grab releasing anything remotely new and exciting. We are the least luckiest fan base in rock. 

• Like 1
49 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

I love it.. Get a decent system and a good sounding pressing of an album and it really doesn't sound any better.. Sometimes I will take an edible grab a beer and just sit there listening to a whole album front to back the way it was intended. No skipping through songs. Plus you get the packaging which is something bands used to put a lot of thought into.  I got an original copy of LIES a few months ago and it sounded killer!! It was literally a rush listening to it. 

How old are you. Just curious if you grew up in the digital era.

Bingo - with vinyl you listen to the full thing as skipping isn’t really an option. I love cranking up the vinyl player. Just got a copy of Marilyn Mansons Mechanical Animals and can’t wait to listen to it.....

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, Underhardy said:

Not to be a jerk but speculation at this point is just unwarranted and foolish. The band is a joke and a cash grab. Not even an integral cash grab releasing anything remotely new and exciting. We are the least luckiest fan base in rock. 

I don't disagree, just love to talk about something before something more exciting arises to talk about.

Please, someone leak the 2010-ish CD2!

1 hour ago, Sweersa said:

Axl reckons it takes 6 weeks for all of that, so it would be possible, if it was recorded, mixed, and they had already agreed on marketing.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, JohnnyUtah said:

Axl reckons it takes 6 weeks for all of that, so it would be possible, if it was recorded, mixed, and they had already agreed on marketing.

Good to know! I'd imagine it wouldn't take long to produce the physical media (CDs, label, artwork, etc.) once designs were finalized. China could probably crank all that stuff out quickly after they are sent the masters or whatever they need.

25 minutes ago, JohnnyUtah said:

I don’t recall him talking about a 6 week lead time before - was that in the run up the Chinese Democracy being released?

Anyone else getting the impression that they’ve hit some kind of serious internal drama in regard to the next album? Maybe they can’t agree on the sound/direction....Again? 🤦🏻‍♂️

• Like 2
1 minute ago, sofine11 said:

Anyone else getting the impression that they’ve hit some kind of serious internal drama in regard to the next album? Maybe they can’t agree on the sound/direction....Again? 🤦🏻‍♂️

Who knows? The complete lack of ANY information has created a “vacuum....then we fill that vacuum”....full of all sorts of shit because we have nothing to go on.

FRUSTRATING AS FUCK.

FWIW I think it’s more record company politics regarding the release more than anything. But like everyone else on here - it’s just a hunch. 🤷🏼‍♂️

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

I almost wish this was true, since this would mean that at least some of them still care about the band at all.

32 minutes ago, StayofExecution2020 said:

If that's the case they should just take the SOAD approach and come out and say it. 

Yup - I’d totally disagree with their choice to not release anything new (can only imagine they wouldn’t think the new stuff would be all that good but we know that from the Village sessions there is definitely stuff their to build on) but would at least be thankful that we all know nothing is happening re new stuff.

I do think we will get something...just bloody when.

58 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

Yeah I have a feeling we might get a repeat of the late 90s breakdown all over again. Hopefully not, tho!

1 hour ago, sofine11 said:

Maybe Axl wants to keep most of the Bucket, Brain, and Robin material intact (one can dream, I guess) and is only having Slash do a few solos here and there, like what Bumblefoot did with CD and perhaps Slash doesn't like that, or maybe Axl wants Slash to re-record it all but he's having trouble nailing down the Buckethead parts, so they have Richard do those, which results in some tension.

10 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

I thought the structure of Bohemian Rhapsody was atrocious. The fact that they tried to make it look like Mercury’s life revolved entirely around that 1985 Live Aid performance was so fuckin stupid.

Yeah I agree, and I didn't like that the whole movie revolved around Freddie and made the other band members look like minor characters. 

2 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

Yeah I agree, and I didn't like that the whole movie revolved around Freddie and made the other band members look like minor characters. 

Not only that, but it made Freddie look like an asshole and the rest of them looked like angels, when in real life they all had some pretty massive personality flaws!

The NWA movie did the same thing. It made Ice Cube and Dre look like saints, while making Eazy E look like a punk bitch, when in real life it was pretty much the other way around.

Edited by rocknroll41

t

6 hours ago, sofine11 said:

This would mean that that you have been drinking the Kool Aid that they have actually been working on some sort of new album (by they I mean the band as it is now).  There's no indication that Axl is remotely interested in a new release. 

• Like 1