The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

26 minutes ago, Chester 524 said:

I can see why he would want a new album to help promote a stale tour.  but it's not happening.  sign an exclusive deal with Spotify and take what you can get.  you have made enough money, but I guess half a billion dollars doesnt go as far as it used to.

Obviously this is about b(r)and finances and not about returning the favor for all of those who remained GNR fans over the last few decades.  

But an inability to tour provides Axl an excuse to hoard his music for a few more years. Hoarding music is Axl's no.1 passion in life. Be glad for him.

2 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Slash pretty much just wears t-shirt and jeans really, so it seems mad to me they'd take a designer on tour. I always just assumed they wore whatever they liked- there never seemed anything flashy going on, just a selection of fairly casual clothing! 

Definitely interested to hear more on this subject as it's a totally alien world to me! 

2 hours ago, Blackstar said:

They don't have designers on tour, but they get some of their clothes from certain brands.

Some of Axl's stage attire (jeans, jackets) is by a certain designer (I've forgotten his name), but he doesn't take him on tour - at least I don't think so. Most of his t-shirts are from various other sources.

Slash and Duff (as well as other rock musicians like Iggy Pop) got a lot of their clothes from late Jimmy Webb's store.

A lot of Slash's pants (and Duff's too) are custom made (like the leather ones). Fortus definitely looks like someone else styled him in a stereotypical rock outfit. I think all of them are helped a little bit by stylists who send them pants and whatever to wear on stage.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

But an inability to tour provides Axl an excuse to hoard his music for a few more years. Hoarding music is Axl's no.1 passion in life. Be glad for him.

They could always do what Acdc is doing now and releasing a album in November then touring off it some point next year.

A album doesnt need to be released exactly the same time as the start of a tour.

They are just lazy plain and simple.  Correction Axl is just lazy.

Slash, duff and even dizzy find ways to record and release stuff. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, vloors said:

They could always do what Acdc is doing now and releasing a album in November then touring off it some point next year.

A album doesnt need to be released exactly the same time as the start of a tour.

Im expecting an SMKC album dropped before gnr drop new music.

4 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

100 percent. Slash has it already recorded with SMKC.

They were recording during lock down recently. And at this stage ill be happy to have a new SMKC because gnr are just not happening.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, vloors said:

After CD was released they didn't tour for a year, and they didn't tour the US for 3 years. They don't need to tour immediately following an album.

1 hour ago, Sydney Fan said:

1 hour ago, vloors said:

100 percent. Slash has it already recorded with SMKC.

They were recording during lock down recently. And at this stage ill be happy to have a new SMKC because gnr are just not happening.

They haven't actually recorded it, Todd and Slash were going through ideas and probably jamming some together. When they're able to get all the guys together then they'll probably start pre-production. So maybe sometime next year they might record for real? And with them they'll probably hold off on releasing it until they can do a tour (that's what they did with LTD).

Long time lurker; few time poster: Honestly, from what I can tell, as music has changed over time, I can only imagine the reason Axl “hoards” music is because he has a vague vision in his head of what each song should sound like and he records and records until the material reaches the level of his idea. I feel that he’s one of those artists that view a song as not ever being done, because he can mentally see how to keep adding onto it. And I’m not here to kiss his ass. I just understand that when you create something and you have an idea of what message you want to get across, you want everything to be perfect. Everyone here seems to think songs can just be reworked and new solos added, but we know Axl can be a bit of a perfectionist. So however he viewed the songs during their inception could have changed over the years. For all we know, even if no new songs have been written, and only reworked, he could’ve changed lyrics to fit a more current state of mind. Maybe his musical tastes have changed and he doesn’t view songs the way he used to. I’m with you guys. I want new music too. However, I’m not holding my breath. If it happens, that’s great and I’ll enjoy it most likely. If it doesn’t, so what? We gain nothing from complaining. If we don’t agree with the way management is running operations, that’s fine. However, they won’t change. They guys are getting older. Time is running out to make albums. Just move on to something else and if the band releases an album, listen and give your opinion. Otherwise, constantly whining about how the band is now a brand and is all about money isn’t going to change how they function. They don’t hang on every breath of every fan who comments on a message board. Just as you shouldn’t care about every move they make to generate money. Sorry for the long post. These are just the drunk thoughts of a fan who has given up after years with no album. I also felt this way before Chinese was released so maybe it’s just me. Who knows?

• Like 2

At this point now i think he just doesn't care enough.. if he really wanted to release something he would already do that. I mean you are Axl Rose, You have Slash n Duff back and all the money in the world. Even with the pandemic you had all the time in the world to do it. I don't know i love Axl more than any other musician but hate it more too.. look acdc , brian's back and within 5 months they got a new álbum coming .. i think there are No excuses anymore.

And there's another thing no one is talking about.... When touring comes back , after all this time... What can we expect from Axl ? Fat as shit and first 10 shows sounding shit ? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, agustingloger said:

At this point now i think he just doesn't care enough.. if he really wanted to release something he would already do that. I mean you are Axl Rose, You have Slash n Duff back and all the money in the world. Even with the pandemic you had all the time in the world to do it. I don't know i love Axl more than any other musician but hate it more too.. look acdc , brian's back and within 5 months they got a new álbum coming .. i think there are No excuses anymore.

And there's another thing no one is talking about.... When touring comes back , after all this time... What can we expect from Axl ? Fat as shit and first 10 shows sounding shit ? 

Not 5 months, though. The photos of the guys standing in front of the Vancouver studio leaked 2 years ago. 

No criticism here to any of the band but I am coming (as a new 'fan') to the conclusion one has to be living in the past to enjoy them or just tie oneself in knots in trying to work out when the next album will be.  Instead of a pin ball machinge maybe a time machine could be put together...

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, DurhamGirl said:

No criticism here to any of the band but I am coming (as a new 'fan') to the conclusion one has to be living in the past to enjoy them or just tie oneself in knots in trying to work out when the next album will be.  Instead of a pin ball machinge maybe a time machine could be put together...

I think you probably have to have the memories of the thrill of them in the 1980s/1990s in some ways to really appreciate them. Sure, you can watch videos, look at pictures etc, but it's difficult to describe how much they mattered back then. For myself, and a lot of others here I would imagine, they gave us an identity and a passion. They were absolutely everything you wanted, for a few years back then. They were of the time and captured our young minds, for sure. It's also why we're still here giving a shit really. 

If you weren't around then, and didn't experience that, then I think it's pretty natural that that magic isn't there. The excitement of seeing pictures of them in music magazines, of taping things like Paris from the TV and wearing out the video tape, being able to finally hunt down and find a t-shirt and feeling so thrilled to wear it, all that stuff. It was all special....and all of the time. 

If I hadn't been around that I'm not sure how I'd feel about the band now. I'd probably view them much as I view something like The Who to be honest - with detached indifference and distance, but a general view that they had a few good tunes back in the day. 

So you've got all that......but with this agonizing thing just under the surface that you KNOW they have things you;d love to hear gathering dust and that they have so much potential to bring you something you'll enjoy at a different stage in your life but won't release or do it. 

It's fucking mental really. 

Edited by allwaystired
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

I’m going to be honest here (and I’ve always been). I don’t have “connections.” I’m in the fashion business. I run in the same circles as all of the designers who help Guns with their stage and everyday wear. I’ve been with every current  member except Axl. You’d be surprised just how connected everyone is to Guns directly. People talk. I take notes. It’s a close community. I’m not here to disrespect the progress the band has made. It’s a known fact that Guns is a business. Releasing new music and pleasing fans has been second to distant third regards to the business entity. I was talking to someone earlier and I said I really can’t wait for the new music to drop and he said “Yeah but are you really?” Like pretty much saying the band has already solidified their status with their original catalog. Anything new that comes out may sell well commercially but it’s not going to be “classic.” If Chinese had Slash on it, it would have been a huge success. It’s a joke album by most in the industry because he didn’t play on it. This album will be awesome because of Slash, not because the songs are “great.” Same goes for AC/DC releasing the same album 17 times. It’s timeless because it’s Angus and Brian. Not because the majority of the songs on each album are great. 

Hope this clears everything up. 

Disagree completely. If CD with Slash was the same product it would still be shit.

9 hours ago, showbread1 said:

Long time lurker; few time poster: Honestly, from what I can tell, as music has changed over time, I can only imagine the reason Axl “hoards” music is because he has a vague vision in his head of what each song should sound like and he records and records until the material reaches the level of his idea. I feel that he’s one of those artists that view a song as not ever being done, because he can mentally see how to keep adding onto it. And I’m not here to kiss his ass. I just understand that when you create something and you have an idea of what message you want to get across, you want everything to be perfect. Everyone here seems to think songs can just be reworked and new solos added, but we know Axl can be a bit of a perfectionist. So however he viewed the songs during their inception could have changed over the years. For all we know, even if no new songs have been written, and only reworked, he could’ve changed lyrics to fit a more current state of mind. Maybe his musical tastes have changed and he doesn’t view songs the way he used to. I’m with you guys. I want new music too. However, I’m not holding my breath. If it happens, that’s great and I’ll enjoy it most likely. If it doesn’t, so what? We gain nothing from complaining. If we don’t agree with the way management is running operations, that’s fine. However, they won’t change. They guys are getting older. Time is running out to make albums. Just move on to something else and if the band releases an album, listen and give your opinion. Otherwise, constantly whining about how the band is now a brand and is all about money isn’t going to change how they function. They don’t hang on every breath of every fan who comments on a message board. Just as you shouldn’t care about every move they make to generate money. Sorry for the long post. These are just the drunk thoughts of a fan who has given up after years with no album. I also felt this way before Chinese was released so maybe it’s just me. Who knows?

Great post. There is an increasing level of frustration growing amongst what could be classed as former ‘nut-swingers’. The writing’s on the wall as even the die-hard fans are pissed with the lack of new music. You say that complaining doesn’t help, but part of me thinks the more the band sees the discontentment the more inclined they will be to say, ah fuck it, let’s just put the record out 

3 minutes ago, gavgnr said:

Great post. There is an increasing level of frustration growing amongst what could be classed as former ‘nut-swingers’. The writing’s on the wall as even the die-hard fans are pissed with the lack of new music. You say that complaining doesn’t help, but part of me thinks the more the band sees the discontentment the more inclined they will be to say, ah fuck it, let’s just put the record out 

Complaining is one thing.....but, as with most businesses, the only thing that can force a change is a fall in consumer interest and demand. If money is still rolling, a business will never really change the product. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Complaining is one thing.....but, as with most businesses, the only thing that can force a change is a fall in consumer interest and demand. If money is still rolling, a business will never really change the product. 

It wouldn't be necessary to "vote with your wallet" if they were a real band. It's hard to take Axl Rose serious as a musician/ artist at this point, imo.

3 hours ago, FRANSAD said:

They way how Slash mentions GNR in passing when discussing what he's been doing lately in this interview from today, really tells me they haven't done shit regarding to new album/music.

https://streamable.com/izfaff

nononewalbum.png

I actually thought it was quite promising 😂. He quite clearly said he had been “working on different stuff on top of original music for Guns N Roses and also the Conspirators”.

50 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

I actually thought it was quite promising 😂. He quite clearly said he had been “working on different stuff on top of original music for Guns N Roses and also the Conspirators”.

"original music" seems like he wrote original stuff for GN'R. Only for Axl to keep it in the vault... probably :jerkoff:

• Like 1