The "New Album" Thread - Susan McKagan says album is coming

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Grandma's hamster has never been in safer hands.

Axl is close to 60 Reunion is now over 4 years old The last unheard new song was played in 2006 The last studio album was in 2008 The last new song before that in 1999 Every s

It's clearly going to be announced in a few days (or just after the holidays), along with the first single.

Posted Images

Since these guys are substantially old-school, there’s always this possibility that they/Axl won’t want to release anything until they can immediately start touring it…

There, I said it. If that’s the case, we’re in for at least another year of silence, another year of pain, another year that’s gone forever and we’ll never have again. 

I hope to fuck not. 

5 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Since these guys are substantially old-school, there’s always this possibility that they/Axl won’t want to release anything until they can immediately start touring it…

There, I said it. If that’s the case, we’re in for at least another year of silence, another year of pain, another year that’s gone forever and we’ll never have again. 

I hope to fuck not. 

That is not it, Axl didn't tour for an entire year after Chinese. 

He just can't be arsed to release music

• Like 2
17 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

That is not it, Axl didn't tour for an entire year after Chinese. 

He just can't be arsed to release music

Yeah, but that was Chinese. Maybe he wanted to piss off some execs or something. This might be different. Again, I hope it's not the case. 

Let's be honnest .Slash is a good guys. The men ask him what he was doing during this spécial période and he said " working on original music for GNR" why he will lie. U will tell me that it's not him who decide but Axl ? but who knows better Axl than him ? so if he do that it's because he know something could happen. Or maybe he said that to put a little presure to Axl. But for sure him and Duff know better Axl than us so if he work since 4 years on some music for GNR I trust him? Also the pressure to put one or 2 CD with the big 3 is a lot. after AFD and the 2 UYI. Can u beleive ???? u need to have a mazing song specially because Izzy is not here to help

Oohhhh, I am going against popular opinion here.  I am not doing “Read the room,” no. Lol. I just dont GnR going there with the three of them doing new music. Nothing can top what was. 
Slash us very busy working on MKandS,  the Conspirators. See his and his lady’s Insta.

He quickly mentioned GnR because he knew he was going to be asked and then what he said was prettty generic.  If there was something why not just say.  I dont think there has been a solid indication that new music is going to be produced

• Like 1
3 hours ago, AxlSlashthebest said:

He can't speak because........Axl. We gonnna have a surprise but don't know when.......u will see my friends

I’m truly sorry for you. You still have hope. Abandon all hope....

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
19 hours ago, Gnrcane said:

Even if they had new music ready to be released (which they don't), it makes no sense to put it out now. The money is all in touring and new music can't sell tickets when they can't have concerts.

AC/DC are about to release a new album... Bon Jovi just released one..its shit..but he still got it out...Smashing Pumpkins are releasing a new album next month...tired of excuses.. Eddie Van Halen just died ...life is short...someone should tell Axl

• Like 1
4 hours ago, AxlSlashthebest said:

He can't speak because........Axl. We gonnna have a surprise but don't know when.......u will see my friends

we're here to rant with you once it has sunk in that we ain't getting any surprise anytime soon ;)

11 hours ago, DurhamGirl said:

He quickly mentioned GnR because he knew he was going to be asked and then what he said was prettty generic.  If there was something why not just say.  I dont think there has been a solid indication that new music is going to be produced

In this case ,it was clearly a soft news piece that the PR guys set up. I don't think he needed to worry too much about being asked hard-hitting questions about new music. he just threw it out there when asked what he's been up to lately.

I think there has been quite a few indications of new music. Slash and Duff have both mentioned working on stuff. Fortus said we could hear music earlier than we think. The band rehearsed Hardschool and there were indications that something was brewing for this year until the pandemic hit.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

In this case ,it was clearly a soft news piece that the PR guys set up. I don't think he needed to worry too much about being asked hard-hitting questions about new music. he just threw it out there when asked what he's been up to lately.

I think there has been quite a few indications of new music. Slash and Duff have both mentioned working on stuff. Fortus said we could hear music earlier than we think. The band rehearsed Hardschool and there were indications that something was brewing for this year until the pandemic hit.

This is pretty much where I’m at. Plus Susan effectively said she had been given permission to say a small bit too in the AFD podcast. We will get something.....it’s just a case of when....😤

Edited by DTJ80
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

And she is...? Also, this doesn't change anything about my post, since they might want the tour to continue all right, but that's not up to them these times, is it... 

5 hours ago, StayofExecution2020 said:

No idea, but that bitch is smokin' hot.

I agree! Does she have an Instagram? I can try to work my magic manliness on her. :D

Edit: Found it! Also found her website with contact info. She's a luxury home realtor for Malibu. So, that may be her connection to the camp.

Edited by Sweersa
17 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

I dare someone to call 'Malibu Monica' and ask her about her 6 month old tweet. 

Please record the call if you do. 

I sent her a DM on Instagram, it doesn't look like she keeps up with that though.

I'd consider calling her number in a few days, and even leaving her a voicemail if she doesn't answer.

I won't record, but I'll take notes.

• Like 2