The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

9 hours ago, gt72 said:

Sad but kind of hard to think of anything different .Theyve shown us who they are over the last 30 years content to play songs that they recorded in a very short heyday and never evolve.To me maybe they’re just artistically bankrupt as a unit without Izzy in the studio .And to me CD was an Axl solo album,I know people strongly disagree but I’m entitled to my opinion as well

Artistically bankrupt. With or without Izzy there would still be no new album right now. Izzy would not be pushing the band "Come on guys, lets go and make a new record!!!" it would be more like "Lets see what happens... I'll watch from a distance".

Also, maybe the entity GNR is, but the individual members still release music regularly with the exception of Axl... so I don't really buy into that, also! we've heard from so, so! many people that Axl is always writing new material and that he has tons of material that he works on! that in itself (even without releasing it) proves that creativity / artistry is not the issue! 

They are however incapable of seeing through a release, so in that sense specifically, we can say they have no idea what they are doing on that front. 

I will write the most stupid post of this forum. I appologise but u know......we are not allow to get out after 9 pm in France (because of the covid)....so we get crazy :

Maybe Axl and the band take the time to make  the best album (or double album) ever of all time !!!! i know I'm fucking crazy !!!!! let's drink wine :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, AxlSlashthebest said:

I will write the most stupid post of this forum. I appologise but u know......we are not allow to get out after 9 pm in France (because of the covid)....so we get crazy :

Maybe Axl and the band take the time to make  the best album (or double album) ever of all time !!!! i know I'm fucking crazy !!!!! let's drink wine :)

I liked the wine idea! :takethat:also heading into lockdown... woohoo! :thumbsdown:

Edited by Tom2112

13 minutes ago, AxlSlashthebest said:

I think there's definitely insecurity and pressure to release something that comes close to AFD and UYI. The last time he put something out, which he worked on for years and poured his heart into, it was received rather negatively, so I can imagine why he might be insecure to release something again.

Besides, I don't understand where these ''lazy'' comments come from. The fact he has been touring non-stop and playing three hour shows makes that argument fall kinda flat. It would be much easier (and lazier) for him to record songs in his studio without even leaving his house, than to go out and tour the world over and over. I have no idea why he doesn't release new music. No good songs? He doesn't care? He's insecure? He's a perfectionist? I couldn't tell you, but saying he's lazy makes the least sense.

Edited by EvanG
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, DurhamGirl said:

Maybe Axl is just tired of it all, it happens to many people reaching retirement age, they spend a lifetime giving their all and get to a stage where there is nothing left.  Nobody to blame it is just the way it is.  With the pandemic and its consequences he may decide to to retire.

Retire from what? “Giving his all”? Have you been to a GNR show? It’s diminishing returns, it’s lowest expectations realized. Axl can sound okay in “fits and starts”, but he has become a Godawful performer. And he’s been okay with it for years now. The AC/DC performances shows that he can still bring it out, however the GNR performances show he doesn’t give two fucks. 

Edited by smokingarthur
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Dean said:

Crazy, right? They had planned on dropping it not long after the fella listened to it and were due to appear on his podcast back then, but with the pandemic, everything got pushed back. Slash's comments, along with everyone else, completely baffle me, however, facts are facts and we do know that they have been at least working on something and the comments that Susan made are the saving grace of it all. Chinese Democracy didn't get the release that the album deserved, I just hope that they get it right this time around. 

From a record company perspective im sure it will be done right. I just hope axl this time gets onboard and does interviews for the.album this time around. No doubt slash will.

Edited by Sydney Fan

35 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

From a record company perspective im sure it will be done right. I just hope axl this time gets onboard and does interviews for the.album this time around. No doubt slash will.

If a new album dropped tomorrow, I'd expect more of the same from them e.g. radio silence, Slash and Duff will do what they've always done, but I doubt they'd be speaking from an official capacity to give any exclusives to the media. Disappointed to say that but if there was no build up for the start of the NITL, I can see them continuing with that approach. Let's hope I'm wrong!

It's embarrassing that Slash is going to release his second solo album, duff has a solo album, dizzy has a solo album, even ferrer has a fucking album ALL since this version of GnR reunited. And still there is no new album, no sniff of an update about where it's at and no release date. Creatively GnR are a spent force. It's a shame, coz I was listening to state of grace today and thinking, wow a slash solo between the final verse and the screamed outro would be incredible. Instead we're going to get generic cock rock from smkc and radio silence from GnR. 

It's at the point now, where even if GnR did release an album, we'd get no music video. No axl interview. No special events to attend for the release day and bare minimum radio play. It's just a nothing band now. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JimiRose said:

It's embarrassing that Slash is going to release his second solo album, duff has a solo album, dizzy has a solo album, even ferrer has a fucking album ALL since this version of GnR reunited. And still there is no new album, no sniff of an update about where it's at and no release date. Creatively GnR are a spent force. It's a shame, coz I was listening to state of grace today and thinking, wow a slash solo between the final verse and the screamed outro would be incredible. Instead we're going to get generic cock rock from smkc and radio silence from GnR. 

It's at the point now, where even if GnR did release an album, we'd get no music video. No axl interview. No special events to attend for the release day and bare minimum radio play. It's just a nothing band now. 

The 2008 Slash album gives me hope he's capable of some killer solos still. I hope this is the case with an eventual GN'R release.

1 hour ago, JimiRose said:

It's embarrassing that Slash is going to release his second solo album, duff has a solo album, dizzy has a solo album, even ferrer has a fucking album ALL since this version of GnR reunited.

Dont forget about Mels video game work and Slash and Duffs kids releasing albums too, lol. Slash is even on at least one of his sons tracks!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, soon said:

Dont forget about Mels video game work and Slash and Duffs kids releasing albums too, lol. Slash is even on at least one of his sons tracks!

The saddest thing is I've seen slash's son play live at the whiskey opening for adlers appetite in 2018. He wasn't bad :headbang: 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, JimiRose said:

The saddest thing is I've seen slash's son play live at the whiskey opening for adlers appetite in 2018. He wasn't bad :headbang: 

That sounds like a truly nice night out!

Yeah, I like the 1-2 tracks of his son that Ive heard.

• Like 1