Jump to content

The "New Album" Thread - Susan McKagan says album is coming


Recommended Posts

On 10/11/2020 at 8:22 AM, allwaystired said:

Quite possible. Or that someone has said 'have you heard GNR are releasing their new album and it's going to be good'. 

Given the CD leaks, and the reaction the band to those happening, if (big if) there is any new material it would be incredibly unlikely that it's being played to anyone, let alone friends of friends of someone who might once have lived in the same area. 

If, in some bizarre world, it is being heard to that extent then it's probably very close to leaking I would say. 

The most likely scenario though is that like most people who tell us about 'inside information',  'Malibu Monica' is speaking out of her arse. 

I suspect Monica heard some of the selects from the "village locker" leaks and assumed those songs were from the new album, which they very well may be (probably not in the form from 2000 though, of course)

Edited by Sweersa
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Grandma's hamster has never been in safer hands.

Axl is close to 60 Reunion is now over 4 years old The last unheard new song was played in 2006 The last studio album was in 2008 The last new song before that in 1999 Every s

It's clearly going to be announced in a few days (or just after the holidays), along with the first single.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Gimpy Hewitt said:

We’re never going to get new music

Sad but kind of hard to think of anything different .Theyve shown us who they are over the last 30 years content to play songs that they recorded in a very short heyday and never evolve.To me maybe they’re just artistically bankrupt as a unit without Izzy in the studio .And to me CD was an Axl solo album,I know people strongly disagree but I’m entitled to my opinion as well

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Thing is, we still don't know what this means in terms of GNR. Has Slash already finished his part for the album? Or is it just somewhere halfway, partially finished and the rest on halt, waiting for the output of others? It could be anything really. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

If the rumours are to be believed, the albums been done a while. Personally, I think that when slash says he’s been working in original guns stuff he’s talking about possible new songs to bump off others already on the list for release. Maybe he’s just been trying to persuade axl to put some newer stuff on the record when in reality the bulk of the record is made up of older ‘new gnr’ songs with slash and duff overdubs. Even if true, none of this helps us out with an idea of when any of this stuff might eventually see the light of day.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe Axl is just tired of it all, it happens to many people reaching retirement age, they spend a lifetime giving their all and get to a stage where there is nothing left.  Nobody to blame it is just the way it is.  With the pandemic and its consequences he may decide to to retire.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I listened to the Let There Be Talk podcast last night with Brian and Angus. The host before interviewing them mentioned he’d signed an NDA and listened to the new AC/DC album in full - 7 months ago. It’s very possible Guns did expect to drop an album in the 6 month time frame that Fermanager originally stated and has been put on hold until they can support it, but that in itself would present another hurdle with the uncertainty of concerts going ahead in the new year. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dean said:

I listened to the Let There Be Talk podcast last night with Brian and Angus. The host before interviewing them mentioned he’d signed an NDA and listened to the new AC/DC album in full - 7 months ago. It’s very possible Guns did expect to drop an album in the 6 month time frame that Fermanager originally stated and has been put on hold until they can support it, but that in itself would present another hurdle with the uncertainty of concerts going ahead in the new year. 

Wow - 7 months ago?? I suppose it does give a small bit of hope that it’s true the album is done and the comments from Slash about ‘working out how to release this thing’ are related to marketing strategy. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Edited by DTJ80
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

Wow - 7 months ago?? I suppose it does  give a small bit of hope that it’s true the album is done and the comments from Slash about ‘working out how to release this thing’ are related to marketing strategy. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Crazy, right? They had planned on dropping it not long after the fella listened to it and were due to appear on his podcast back then, but with the pandemic, everything got pushed back. Slash's comments, along with everyone else, completely baffle me, however, facts are facts and we do know that they have been at least working on something and the comments that Susan made are the saving grace of it all. Chinese Democracy didn't get the release that the album deserved, I just hope that they get it right this time around. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DurhamGirl said:

Maybe Axl is just tired of it all, it happens to many people reaching retirement age, they spend a lifetime giving their all and get to a stage where there is nothing left.  Nobody to blame it is just the way it is.  With the pandemic and its consequences he may decide to to retire.

'Axl' and 'a lifetime giving their all' should never be used in the same sentence.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Dean said:

Crazy, right? They had planned on dropping it not long after the fella listened to it and were due to appear on his podcast back then, but with the pandemic, everything got pushed back. Slash's comments, along with everyone else, completely baffle me, however, facts are facts and we do know that they have been at least working on something and the comments that Susan made are the saving grace of it all. Chinese Democracy didn't get the release that the album deserved, I just hope that they get it right this time around. 

100% agreed. 👍

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DurhamGirl said:

Maybe Axl is just tired of it all, it happens to many people reaching retirement age, they spend a lifetime giving their all and get to a stage where there is nothing left.  Nobody to blame it is just the way it is.  With the pandemic and its consequences he may decide to to retire.

Yeah but... Axl's spent half of this lifetime being in seclusion and another part being on unnecessarily stretched tours. As for the virus problem, they can always ask those several dozens of other artists who have released music this year in order to "figure out" how to release an album... 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, gt72 said:

Sad but kind of hard to think of anything different .Theyve shown us who they are over the last 30 years content to play songs that they recorded in a very short heyday and never evolve.To me maybe they’re just artistically bankrupt as a unit without Izzy in the studio .And to me CD was an Axl solo album,I know people strongly disagree but I’m entitled to my opinion as well

Artistically bankrupt. With or without Izzy there would still be no new album right now. Izzy would not be pushing the band "Come on guys, lets go and make a new record!!!" it would be more like "Lets see what happens... I'll watch from a distance".

Also, maybe the entity GNR is, but the individual members still release music regularly with the exception of Axl... so I don't really buy into that, also! we've heard from so, so! many people that Axl is always writing new material and that he has tons of material that he works on! that in itself (even without releasing it) proves that creativity / artistry is not the issue! 

They are however incapable of seeing through a release, so in that sense specifically, we can say they have no idea what they are doing on that front. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I will write the most stupid post of this forum. I appologise but u know......we are not allow to get out after 9 pm in France (because of the covid)....so we get crazy :

Maybe Axl and the band take the time to make  the best album (or double album) ever of all time !!!! i know I'm fucking crazy !!!!! let's drink wine :)

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, AxlSlashthebest said:

I will write the most stupid post of this forum. I appologise but u know......we are not allow to get out after 9 pm in France (because of the covid)....so we get crazy :

Maybe Axl and the band take the time to make  the best album (or double album) ever of all time !!!! i know I'm fucking crazy !!!!! let's drink wine :)

I liked the wine idea! :takethat:also heading into lockdown... woohoo! :thumbsdown:

Edited by Tom2112
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, AxlSlashthebest said:

I will write the most stupid post of this forum. I appologise but u know......we are not allow to get out after 9 pm in France (because of the covid)....so we get crazy :

Maybe Axl and the band take the time to make  the best album (or double album) ever of all time !!!! i know I'm fucking crazy !!!!! let's drink wine :)

I think there's definitely insecurity and pressure to release something that comes close to AFD and UYI. The last time he put something out, which he worked on for years and poured his heart into, it was received rather negatively, so I can imagine why he might be insecure to release something again.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Besides, I don't understand where these ''lazy'' comments come from. The fact he has been touring non-stop and playing three hour shows makes that argument fall kinda flat. It would be much easier (and lazier) for him to record songs in his studio without even leaving his house, than to go out and tour the world over and over. I have no idea why he doesn't release new music. No good songs? He doesn't care? He's insecure? He's a perfectionist? I couldn't tell you, but saying he's lazy makes the least sense.

Edited by EvanG
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...